Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Suggestion: Gender before birth
06-06-2012, 12:16 PM
RE: Suggestion: Gender before birth
I'm really sorry you feel that way, Khea.

First of all, kitties are kitties, not secret formulae.

Secondly, in my experience the kittycats community tends to share, pool their findings and help one another (an example of this is the awesome work of Saga).

Thirdly, perhaps what you consider a wonderful "secret kitty combination" may indeed not be the kind of kitty I like.

Your "rejects" are kitties.Pets.Animals. Sure, it's a virtual world and they're scripted objects -we all know that.But many of us get attached to them.

I get thrilled when I get a kitty I wasn't expecting at all shows good traits, or when I was expecting it to show particular traits and it does, but I also like those non-traited kitties my kitties have sometimes too.They won't make sellable kitties perhaps, but they run and play and love you like any 9T kitty bred from a secret combination will.

(11-22-2011 08:11 AM)Khea Karas Wrote:  
(11-22-2011 07:55 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  And oh since this final decision I have more cats boxed than ever it makes me even more conservative in opening boxes than ever since the amoutn of breeds the end user can make with them expire each week.

Me too! I have a grand total of 915 boxes. Most of them are great cats, I refuse to birth them because unless they are the right gender they become useless to me.

So some may reply... "Well just sell them if they are so good"

This is NOT an option. Apart from they fact that the market is no longer supporting the value of the cat,...why should I be giving away my "secret kitty combinations" to someone else so they can gain off my hard work before I can achieve what I need too? Once a particular breed combination hits the market...fully traited or not, the value will drop as everyone will then be breeding/selling them. We saw this happen with the Black Russians with Perfect Gerbera Orange Eyes (for example). At one time they were selling for 33K + , now even fully traited they sell for 1-2K if you are lucky. For sellers to make a profit, the window is slim. By the time I get the gender I need and it has grown to breeding age (which is another issue entirely Tongue) I have missed the boat...if I were to sell the "rejects" from my projects.

The point is that unless we have a way to view genders this really does screw up our breeding programs. Dodgy

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2012, 02:28 AM
*Resolved YAAY ! Big Grin
09-03-2012, 05:54 AM
Yayyyy!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)