Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Limited Purchases for Special Colletion Kitties
03-07-2014, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 10:37 AM by Quantic Kimono.)
RE: Limited Purchases for Special Colletion Kitties
"Killing on arrival should be banned" so, you're admitting you kill the traits on arrival, "without trying to banning me " is that it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 10:58 AM by anna Acanthus.)
It's extremely… "near sighted" shall we say, to think that dumping prices is doing the market, the product or anyone any good.

People who try to maintain a decent price for their breeding efforts are viewed by some as being greedy when in fact for the great majority of these breeders the object is to strive to maintain the market, and not deprive buyers from having well treated cats. In fact many of us will willingly and discreetly offer cats for free if we spot someone who truly loves breeding but just can't afford to buy the latest and greatest.

I just don't know whats going on really, in the last year or less, the KC community has changed and seems to slowly be taken over by a mentality that we've seen in certain other breedables and always done our best to avoid.

The community in general used to be about respecting each other and not undercutting and self seeking, times have changed and for many of us it's saddening.

Maybe some will realize when prices have crashed so much that no one can even hope to cover kibble anymore? I doubt it but hope springs eternal.

Lets just hope that this situation resolves itself, that the breeding community returns to a healthy size and that we can work to recover the market from this onslaught.
 Thanks given by: Julia Merosi , Dimpz Morane , Eurydice Barzane
03-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Hmm...Anna, whats going on? What is going on is following: some people here are mad because they have lost the control over the market. They can't stop people selling cats with attractive traits for what they are worth and what the market allows to sell them for. That means;less profit for them selves.
 Thanks given by: Katrin Bracken
03-07-2014, 11:37 AM
I don't think times have changed much, if at all.

I really don't think that pricing indicates any change in attitude we don't normally see in Spring.

The only real change I see is, since last Fall, the player base has more than doubled.

Do you REALLY want nearly 2 out of every 3 people to leave?

Will things resolve themselves? Sure.

But, all in all, things seem to be progressing quite normally, complaints and all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Kayleigh McMillan
03-07-2014, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 12:00 PM by BestKittenFriend Resident.)
My question to all of you is: If you have invested money in your cats and notice that they can't be sold for "suggested" retail prices. What will you do? Do you tell your self that is just a matter of time? Do you invest more money in food,more cats, shops and rental charges? No!!! No businessman do like that...ever never. So, what do they do? Think, people think....Yes, you are right! They dump the prices! That is what sells! They dump the prices to a relevant level, or lower, and they don't care what the owners of the shops next to them say about it.That is what a free market is all about!
And...a free market is not a free market if oligarchs control it or try to control it! It doesn't work in Sovjet and it doesn't work here!
03-07-2014, 12:12 PM
(03-07-2014 11:26 AM)BestKittenFriend Resident Wrote:  Hmm...Anna, whats going on? What is going on is following: some people here are mad because they have lost the control over the market. They can't stop people selling cats with attractive traits for what they are worth and what the market allows to sell them for. That means;less profit for them selves.

Don't be ridiculous, no one has ever controlled the market. One can "hold" the market on a new trait if one is the only person to posses it, and that only for a certain time.

Also, address your your disagreeable comments directly to the person(s) concerned and NOT through me.
Thank you.
03-07-2014, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 12:18 PM by Ivy Norsk.)
BestKitten Wrote:No businessman do like that...ever never. So, what do they do? Think, people think....Yes, you are right! They dump the prices! That is what sells! They dump the prices to a relevant level, or lower, and they don't care what the owners of the shops next to them say about it.That is what a free market is all about!

I think you are mistaken. In a falling market, business people get out of the market - but that doesn't mean dumping. You seem to assume that there is an infinite lower "relevant level", but in truth some markets just crash and some never recover (Beanie babies anybody?). You cannot keep lowering prices below cost. That helps nobody and the person who sells at that price cuts their own nose off.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus , Quantic Kimono , Illuminatra Resident
03-07-2014, 12:23 PM
(03-07-2014 11:26 AM)BestKittenFriend Resident Wrote:  some people here are mad because they have lost the control over the market. They can't stop people selling cats with attractive traits for what they are worth and what the market allows to sell them for. That means;less profit for them selves.
You don't get it right? there is none who wants to control the market. there is none who wants to force anyone to sell cats for a special price. but fact is that everybody needs to be able to feed their cats. and seriously a new trait lost the worth within one week only because people drop it that fast. either known or by accident? it's just that some of us think at least to try to hold the market prices in a fair way. samsung wont sell his tablet for 1 $ just to sell it. Apple wont that. because they all have to pay for something. we all need to pay for kibble and rentals. i point out again. kitty cats breeding should be fun. Kittycats breeding is for me not here to make profit. but in the end i want to be able to feed the cats and buy other cats i like.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus , Dimpz Morane , Eurydice Barzane , Zevara Resident
03-07-2014, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 12:47 PM by Shamu077 Resident.)
Sad RE: Limited Purchases for Special Colletion Kitties
(03-07-2014 12:23 PM)Julia Merosi Wrote:  ... and seriously a new trait lost the worth within one week only because people drop it that fast. either known or by accident? it's just that some of us think at least to try to hold the market prices in a fair way. ... Kittycats breeding is for me not here to make profit. but in the end i want to be able to feed the cats and buy other cats i like.

I hate being in the dark with sunglasses in a fog, so what new trait has lost it's value that fast? Hopefully not one I am still breeding.

I have many horror stories of rapid price drops in breedables (I have been involved in 5 now over the years) - but they all seem to be from one reason: supply and demand - if one cat is sold at 1/10 it's market worth, someone got a bargain but I've never seen that collapse a market. 100 cats for sale with the same "rare" trait at the same sim might do it though - kittycats price wars.
 Thanks given by: Sanura Snowpaw
03-07-2014, 12:45 PM
(03-07-2014 12:14 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  
BestKitten Wrote:No businessman do like that...ever never. So, what do they do? Think, people think....Yes, you are right! They dump the prices! That is what sells! They dump the prices to a relevant level, or lower, and they don't care what the owners of the shops next to them say about it.That is what a free market is all about!

I think you are mistaken. In a falling market, business people get out of the market - but that doesn't mean dumping. You seem to assume that there is an infinite lower "relevant level", but in truth some markets just crash and some never recover (Beanie babies anybody?). You cannot keep lowering prices below cost. That helps nobody and the person who sells at that price cuts their own nose off.

Sorry but you are the one who is mistaken. What you are talking about is big companies with a board of Directors, privately owned or limited (incorporated) companies. What is then the difference? In those companies you have stockholders, investors and others stakeholders. If the profit is too low for them, they might leave the market and look for more profitable markets to invest in. But this, this is completely your own business. And I was not saying anybody should sell for "prices below cost". Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)