KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Limited Purchases for Special Colletion Kitties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hey all.

These days my thoughts are with the special collection kitties and new traits. If i see some ppl i would love to suggest something like a limit per avatar in purchasing special collator kitties. it seems the more some ppl buy (and i am talking about around 60-100 starters) the more new traits they get. And its sad to see that one person just go ahead and start and place them for low prices. The people who are not able to get that much cats have a lower chance to get one new trait and IF they finally was able to pass or buy one the marked for those new traits are already crashed Sad

What do you think?
Well Julia, my opinion is that if people buy 100 starters they want to increase the possibility of having new traits. Fact! This is source of profit for kittycats > fact.. if you had a business I don't know if you would make this limitation yourself as it would bring sales down. Now there is something we can do as breeders, is to not accept this sort of behaviour and act directly on the source.
I heard that person say that he bought that trait from Kittycats for 790L and therefore he can charge 1k. This is an insult for everyone.
What can we do? Not let it happen in our house nor even nearby. If it happens in our house it means we are supporting it... just saying.
I can agree on that, I can only buy 2-4 collection kitties since my cattery is not so big, and only once since last year I got new fur, which was slate recently, no more new traits ever I got. Not sure what's fair or not here of course since if you can buy lots, why not?
But let's be realistic, don't think limit is possible since I believe it's a huge business boost for KittyCats team.
yeah. business thats true. i wouldn't limit it aswell but at some point its just unfair for the folks who are breeding since ages now and never get that many new traits. and i agree with you quantic that if we see such things ongoing we can only ignore those people. but fact is too that we breed for fun and that it is always a pleasure to discover the traits. but then you see someone spamming all his new traits he got this one single round you just get sad about it.
Hi Smile i agree with you, but think that if you limit the number of purchase for each avatar, since the LE are trans, who want buy 100 can buy with alts and then just pass to the main avatar.. Sad
Julia we breed for fun but we also like to make enough lindens. Killing the market on arrival should be banned.
I also agree Julia, but the silly thing is as Quantic pointed out, someone saying they bought the trait for 790L and they probably bought a lot more starters than the rest of us.
You think they would want to try and recoup some of that money back. Unfortunately they don't.
This means the ones who cant afford a lot of starters have to buy the new traits in, then someone lowers the price which destroys the market on those traits. No one can make money to even feed their cats, meaning they leave kc o.O, less breeders less sales for everyone.
Hmmm business sense to sell lots of starter maybe a fact, but its certainly not business sense for breeders to kill a market that's for sure.
Personally, if somethings going too low, I just WON'T bid.
Also, before people start to criticise opinions, I think it would be wise to point out this is my opinion, we all have one. Its not about hating as some point out, its about being passionate about this breedable.
(03-06-2014 06:24 AM)Quantic Kimono Wrote: [ -> ]Julia we breed for fun but we also like to make enough lindens. Killing the market on arrival should be banned.

thats too. not everyone is able to put rl money into the cats which means those needs to be able to feed their cats with selling some cats for a good price.
"Killing the market on arrival should be banned." not sure if it will be possible to bann those people from everywhere. here i have the same opinion like Cate. i just ignore those ppl. not buying, not bidding.
In My personal opinion, like any other Business, the ones that most profit from this are KittyCats, people can spend hundred of thousand of Lindens to buy a lot of Starters which May or May Not give them a New Traits or such.

I do agree that there are few that only after short terms Profit by selling theirs at a very low price.

In which case, not only they are killing them self, but other hard working Breeders also.
(03-06-2014 06:18 AM)Lixy Byron Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Smile i agree with you, but think that if you limit the number of purchase for each avatar, since the LE are trans, who want buy 100 can buy with alts and then just pass to the main avatar.. Sad
that they will do for sure. well that was just kinda unreal wish from me. i know that KC is making the money with their starters and wont limit them. it was just kinda "wish".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's