Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Traits Deluge
02-24-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: New Traits Deluge
(02-24-2014 05:29 PM)neckcadaver Resident Wrote:  SUMMER is for catchin up!! least it is for me. i think it is good so we have summer projects to work on ...

Yes, me too, Neck.

"To everything there is a season ... "

CAT'S CATS
"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." (Leonardo da Vinci)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014 06:21 PM by Tawnni Tigerpaw.)
I totally agree with you Nino Smile

I can't keep up either, I would like to see less traits introduced in new special kitties. Just as soon I get one "traited" the way I like, another trait comes out lol! I don't remember in the beginning new traits being so quickly discovered but maybe there are more pros breeding lol. I remember people waiting and waiting to get a Ocicat Tawny. The situation is compounded by the fact there are already a lot of traits and when new ones are quickly introduced...it makes our cats less valuable. Everyone one loves new traits and they are so much fun to experiment with but slower would be better for us breeders; so we can make a profit and buy more cats Smile
 Thanks given by: Beloved Ruby , Nino Heartsdale , kittyclawz Resident
02-24-2014, 07:53 PM
(02-24-2014 06:02 PM)CatSoleil Bellecoeur Wrote:  "To everything there is a season ... "

Yes, and late Spring is the season for complaints about the traits deluge.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Nino Heartsdale
02-24-2014, 08:08 PM
I agree with Nino and honestly this is why I stopped breeding because on top of not being able to make sense of the breeding basics (yeah I'm a breeding dummy Tongue ) it didn't seem to matter since I was always so far behind whatever the new trait was I couldn't afford to add it to my cattery let alone get it bred into any of my kitties. It would help if more info could be given to update the Saga docs which are in a sad state of empty info for the new traits not counting the ones that just came out. It took up till now just to update the breeds/eye etc section of the website. Just my opinion but too much too fast Sad

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
02-24-2014, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014 11:32 PM by Nino Heartsdale.)
(02-24-2014 07:53 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  
(02-24-2014 06:02 PM)CatSoleil Bellecoeur Wrote:  "To everything there is a season ... "

Yes, and late Spring is the season for complaints about the traits deluge.

lol... to be fair - this feeling has been brewing for sometime. I think I should be excited when I see a new trait, instead of a feeling of "oh no..."
But I guess, since we are all different, we are all bound to hold different opinions. Smile
 Thanks given by: Beloved Ruby
02-24-2014, 10:22 PM
Well said, Nino.
02-24-2014, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014 11:47 PM by Zevara Resident.)
(02-24-2014 08:08 PM)Tatiana Cheng Wrote:  I agree with Nino and honestly this is why I stopped breeding because on top of not being able to make sense of the breeding basics (yeah I'm a breeding dummy Tongue ) it didn't seem to matter since I was always so far behind whatever the new trait was I couldn't afford to add it to my cattery let alone get it bred into any of my kitties. It would help if more info could be given to update the Saga docs which are in a sad state of empty info for the new traits not counting the ones that just came out. It took up till now just to update the breeds/eye etc section of the website. Just my opinion but too much too fast Sad

I agree with many of the things said in this thread...it seems we are all, always playing catch-up in the race to new traits and many sadly get left in the dust and go unrecognized. The period of time from Halloween through Easter is especially hectic, as this is when so many of the holidays come around. It's expensive, and your cattery gets overrun with genesis cats in the scuffle to breed out the new things, however it's also very exciting (and like Nino and others said, overwhelming).

Regarding the Saga docs...
It's everyone's responsibility to send in the information that they find regarding trait recessiveness, and it does not fall solely on those who manage the documents. They can only update them as quickly as they gain information. With all of the new traits it is too much, too fast (like you stated above). The breeding takes time, and KittyCats are not for those with a lack of patience.

I'm glad Nino brought it up though, as I've been feeling the same.
 Thanks given by: Nino Heartsdale , Beloved Ruby
02-25-2014, 06:24 AM
I have to agree Nino, we all saw how slow summer was last year, the secondary market took a hit and I for one don't want go through that again, as i'm sure most of us don't.
I love the KittyCats and will always try and breed the best I can no matter how many traits come out, but this is a lot of new stuff over a very short space of time.
After saying all that heres hoping for another awesome 3 years Smile
02-25-2014, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2014 11:18 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
Gee, and we've not yet had

* Mardi Gras cats (end of February, due in about 6 days, if they're not skipped this year)
* the St Patrick's day special trait (mid March)
* Easter collection (early April)
* Spring RFL event cats (mid May)
* SL11B freebies (mid June)

Could KittyCatS better manager the timing and quantity of new releases? Yes

If they did so, it would have any effect upon "market value"? No

Can KittyCatS do anything to stem the Annual Spring Complaints About New Traits threads? No

Can KittyCatS do anything to stem the Annual End-Of-Summer Complaints About Markets Crashing threads? No. Oops, sorry, this last probably should wait until June when those threads start appearing.

What, then, DOES put an end to all these complaints? The "summer doldrums" and the start of the next "flood" this coming Halloween.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-25-2014, 11:27 AM
I love new traits too but frankly I don't like them all Blush
Many, recessive or not, I won't breed/ feed this is also the reason why I do love much traits because there is always something I do like.
But I have to admit I do not join the rat race we simply don't win that one I have noticed that much over the years.
I also catch up in the summer that is if there are many traits I like.
I collect them in boxes and breed them later.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

User(s) browsing this thread: