KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: New Traits Deluge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok - I admit it - whilst it is lovely to have new traits.... it can also be somewhat overwhelming!

I know I am still trying to catch up with the Halloween Kitty Traits.... not to mention the Christmas Kitties, and now we have the Valentines... soon we will have Easter kitties. We have so many new traits, some of us are finding it a challenge to keep track of them. Not only that, but the Saga Charts it seems cant keep up either! Confused

Ofcourse its exciting, but I don't think we have a chance to draw breath and really work on any one particular trait, because new ones keep appearing.... and I feel as if I am in a constant race to try to catch up with the latest... perhaps I should not bother - but it's a compulsion! LOL

Another thing - some of the recent traits just get lost by the flurry of new ones coming up - for instance - some of the eyes have not even hit the market yet - for example the exotic breeze and already we have 3 new eyes....

I really don't mean to whinge. The KittyCats team does a fantastic job - just recently I have been feeling like I am always having to rush to catch the new traits train and I would love to be able to draw breath and not be stressed by what is supposed to be a pleasure.

Please don't shoot me down all at once, this is just my personal opinion! Tongue
I think many of us are overwhelmed Nino .. I know I am too! I want more more more ... but the recessiveness of so many new traits, I think that is why we only see a few out there ... so hard to pull out. But I have faith in you! xoxo
I agree with you guys. It's alot all at once. And no new pink stuff (cry)
Too much too soon or too close together most likely will have an undesirable effect on the secondary market. We all love new things and new coats and I am not saying I do not love them because I do!! But, too much too fast, is indeed overwhelming, Nino and not very good for our markets.
This made me dig out an old thread :
http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.ph...269&page=1

Halloween 2011 collection saw an great amount of new traits and knowing there would soon be more with the Xmas collection we were already starting to feel like hamsters in a wheel.
It did seem to have calmed down a bit since then or maybe we just got used to the pace but it certainly seems to have accelerated again recently.

We all love new traits, just not so many and so frequently .
(02-24-2014 05:05 PM)anna acanthus Wrote: [ -> ]This made me dig out an old thread :

.. It did seem to have calmed down a bit since then or maybe we just got used to the pace but it certainly seems to have accelerated again recently. ...

Halloween through Easter is always incredibly ... well, insane and chaotic (in the world of KittyCatS breeding). Wink

And then we have the very s - l - o - w time period between the Easter release and the Halloween release...

(02-24-2014 05:05 PM)anna acanthus Wrote: [ -> ]This made me dig out an old thread :

Halloween 2011 collection saw an great amount of new traits and knowing there would soon be more with the Xmas collection we were already starting to feel like hamsters in a wheel.
It did seem to have calmed down a bit since then or maybe we just got used to the pace but it certainly seems to have accelerated again recently.

We all love new traits, just not so many and so frequently .

Thank you for sharing that thread anna - so it seems like this has already been discussed before - but obviously it made no real difference Sad

(02-24-2014 05:11 PM)CatSoleil Bellecoeur Wrote: [ -> ]

.. It did seem to have calmed down a bit since then or maybe we just got used to the pace but it certainly seems to have accelerated again recently. ...

Halloween through Easter is always incredibly ... well, insane and chaotic (in the world of KittyCatS breeding). Wink

And then we have the very s - l - o - w time period between the Easter release and the Halloween release...

maybe someone should think about making the cycle more even and stable?
SUMMER is for catchin up!! least it is for me. i think it is good so we have summer projects to work on ...
I think that breeding out a good cat takes time. Sometimes months. When so many things are coming out at once, devalues others, after the hard work already spent. I am not against releasing new things, however how about releasing lets say, one trait out of Halloween, one fur in Christmas, one eye on valentines. This then retains the market value of such new traits in the secondary market. Because, lets face it, a lot of people, as soon as they know how dominant X trait is, give it up or starts selling low. Take for example the Brown Patch. I do not care how dominant it may be. It is a gorgeous coat. Now I am staring to get it together, but in the secondary market it is almost worthless, because attention is drawn to other coats that are more recessive and draw more money. Then people get desperate, and after months of work, food, vitamins, they start selling said cats, still new by all standards, for 500L. So the market does suffer when there is too much out at the same time. I do not mean to offend anyone, it is just my honest opinion and do not expect everyone to agree. I apologize to KittyCatS! too if this in any way is not a good post, I hope it merely serves as an observation and suggestion. Thank you.
(02-24-2014 05:58 PM)Beloved Ruby Wrote: [ -> ]I think that breeding out a good cat takes time. Sometimes months. When so many things are coming out at once, devalues others, after the hard work already spent. I am not against releasing new things, however how about releasing lets say, one trait out of Halloween, one fur in Christmas, one eye on valentines. This then retains the market value of such new traits in the secondary market. Because, lets face it, a lot of people, as soon as they know how dominant X trait is, give it up or starts selling low. Take for example the Brown Patch. I do not care how dominant it may be. It is a gorgeous coat. Now I am staring to get it together, but in the secondary market it is almost worthless, because attention is drawn to other coats that are more recessive and draw more money. Then people get desperate, and after months of work, food, vitamins, they start selling said cats, still new by all standards, for 500L. So the market does suffer when there is too much out at the same time. I do not mean to offend anyone, it is just my honest opinion and do not expect everyone to agree. I apologize to KittyCatS! too if this in any way is not a good post, I hope it merely serves as an observation and suggestion. Thank you.
I totally agree with you Ruby - you have made some really valid points here!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's