Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

NEW WHISKER: Butterscotch Tipped Black
12-12-2017, 12:48 PM
RE: NEW WHISKER: Butterscotch Tipped Black
(12-12-2017 09:17 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  You both did everything that you needed to do.

The apparatus behind the Saga Charts is both larger and more crusty/old than most people realize. The google charts are still owned by the original Saga Felix. Access to edit has been granted by her to a succession of people. Right now the only person with access to edit who is actively involved with Saga is Bree (Brunabug Nightfire). Wendi Lavendel, who owns the SagaKitty avatar, and Charles Courtois, own SL land and provide kibble for the Saga Project, but they don't actively look at proofs much anymore. I have access to some of the files where the proofs are vetted, and I do gather up proofs from the forums and submit them directly for vetting. I vet. Bree vets. Arwen isn't officially on staff, nor Reven, but their vetting counts too. HappyDaize has done vetting for Saga.

I am glad that Arwen Swordthain and Reven Rosca have their own chart. It is often more up to date than Saga. That's been true for well over a year now. Redundancy - having information in more than one place and easily accessible - is a virtue and adds security to the whole system of keeping track of the traits. Truly, there is no feud between the keepers of the different charts. We chat. We're friends.

One of the problems behind the scenes, besides permissions, is the storage of the pedigree proof files. These are rather archaically sortable by name of trait. As has been mentioned here on the forum at various times in the past, many of the oldest proofs were kept on notecards. And while those may not be "lost" (they may exist in an avatar inventory somewhere) they effectively are, because nobody currently working on the charts has them. It is also worth keeping in mind, that information stored and searched solely by gyazo links (or similar links) last only as long as the links are good.
I have been looking at new low-tech free database programs for awhile now, but moving the info to a new system, while really long overdue, is a very daunting task, and frankly may not be worth the trouble.

OMG many many thanks for taking time explaning the current situation. I just knew Saga was not more involved and that Arween was, because in the past I had a kitten that was proof to place one genesis fur and was her who got the info. I really appreciate your hard work and I will keep my eyes open trying to help placing traits. Thanks Ivy, many thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2017, 04:50 AM
(12-11-2017 07:45 PM)Peaches Latrell Wrote:  I will send my proofs to Saga for their charts. Does anyone know how I submit for the forum based charts? I had thought I just needed to post in the forum but apparently there is more I need to do since it still isn't there. I haven't been active on the forums for some time so I am unfamiliar with protocol.
Thanks for any advice anyone has Smile

The forum charts are updated based on proofs posted in the forums, or on proofs that are sent to us in order to post them, so you have done everything you should do.

I don't follow the forums daily for the time being, so Arwen has updated the charts alone for a while, and I think RL happened so she hasn't been able to update the last days.

I have updated the charts now.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Inia Soulstar
12-13-2017, 10:08 AM
Thanks Reven, RL did indeed happen over the past couple of weeks meaning I haven't had chance to look daily at the charts. It will be patchy from now until New Year but once thats out of the way I hope to be back to more regular checking and updating.

(12-13-2017 04:50 AM)Reven Rosca Wrote:  
(12-11-2017 07:45 PM)Peaches Latrell Wrote:  I will send my proofs to Saga for their charts. Does anyone know how I submit for the forum based charts? I had thought I just needed to post in the forum but apparently there is more I need to do since it still isn't there. I haven't been active on the forums for some time so I am unfamiliar with protocol.
Thanks for any advice anyone has Smile

The forum charts are updated based on proofs posted in the forums, or on proofs that are sent to us in order to post them, so you have done everything you should do.

I don't follow the forums daily for the time being, so Arwen has updated the charts alone for a while, and I think RL happened so she hasn't been able to update the last days.

I have updated the charts now.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Inia Soulstar , Claudette Loire
12-19-2017, 01:32 PM
Just wanted to add that the SAGA Dominance Charts will be hit and miss for a few weeks as well. I have been pretty much holding up the fort on the SAGA Dominance Charts for the past year. I was granted access to edit the charts with proofs coming in starting November 2016 and have been trying my best to get data added. I pulled in a few other breeders to help with vetting since Wendi and Charles lives got busy. That is when Ivy started helping me as well as Happydaize. I have also spoken with Arwen and Reven from time to time making sure that the data I saw was correct. I have been trying really hard to keep on top of proofs but as Ivy has mentioned I am the only one at the current moment who has access to edit (add data) to the SAGA Dominance Charts. Wendi and Charles can as well but they have been busy in RL. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the account - SagaKitty Resident, or the sagakitty@gmail.com so if people are sending proofs in that way I can not see them. If you want to send in proofs to point us in the direction to look at forum posts or send in your own screen shots to share with SAGA dominance Charts, please just send them to me in the form of a Notecard. Or you can send them to Ivy Norsk.

I know that before I started updating the charts in November 2016 the SAGA dominance charts were not updated for months. I know that several people had been sending in data but data was not added, and they were not getting responses. And because of that it upset a lot of breeders. Once I got access to edit I worked this past year to get it caught up. But during that down time the forum based charts started. They were filling a void that was much needed to be filled, with current charts as well as screen shots for all breeders to see and discuss. I think in the future that a combined system of both the Forum Based Charts and SAGA Dominance charts needs to evolve.

With the delayed response time I feel that a lot of breeders don't think to send in proofs to the team at SAGA dominance Charts. . And I don't blame breeders not sending in proofs to Sagakitty any more because of the delay. I don't know how Arwen can do it to keep up with the charts she runs, she works hard and is great at keeping the charts she runs up to date.

I am hoping in January there will be some changes for the better. But for now that is the situation. Real Life needs me a bit more these days.

~ BreeAnn (Brunabug Nightfire)
Direct link to SAGA Dominance Charts folder
Direct link to SAGA FAQ
Feel free to pass Proofs to me - I will be sure to get them added to the To Do List for SAGA.
 Thanks given by: Inia Soulstar , Reven Rosca , Arwen Swordthain
01-29-2018, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2018 06:56 AM by Lixy Byron.)
[Image: b7235de18333d1ea3b8bf0b5debdad5f.png]

Mine BtB Smile

[Image: 2352ee586d414be1089e2e814858be09.png]

[Image: 1267459054cc1e732fec741ce2aa6ef7.png]

[Image: 8eb66fec8d80f0be9254c612a44feb5b.png]

[Image: 4154a7917bb21ee69ab9262475b53abe.png]

[Image: a936516a6a2229d33f36eae09eed513e.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: