Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Whisker Dusky Blue Tipped White
12-23-2022, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2022 06:37 AM by SandyCanada Resident.)
New Whisker Dusky Blue Tipped White
[Image: dateposted-public]

https://gyazo.com/db3ccab20f81754d537a618a66b0830a
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Barry Ballyhoo , Bea Shamrock , LittleMe Jewell , Eleanor8 Resident , Jolita Korobase , Shamu077 Resident , Flair Daxeline , Belletriss Parker , Jelly Supply
12-23-2022, 08:42 AM
RE: New Whisker Dusky Blue Tipped White
Congrats! on a second discovery!

[Image: db3ccab20f81754d537a618a66b0830a.png]

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock , LittleMe Jewell , Eleanor8 Resident , Songdog Woolley , KashKave Resident , Ellen Ireland , Julinah Resident , Diego Savagard , Flair Daxeline , Ivy Lane
12-24-2022, 12:00 PM
Congrats on your find Sandy.

This is going to look fabulous on the Powder Blues.

[Image: 355ec6b326682c3d55c4f7bc20f0f635.png]

Heart Eleanor
 Thanks given by: KashKave Resident , Bea Shamrock , Ellen Ireland , LittleMe Jewell , Songdog Woolley , Julinah Resident , Shamu077 Resident , Flair Daxeline , Belletriss Parker
02-13-2023, 07:19 PM
Dusky Blue Tipped White is recessive to Blush Tipped White.

[Image: 0d2bc75420f9c5e5d942ca81a11d0afa.png]

[Image: c0ba8042b249f155bf43bbadb70f4cfd.png]

Heart Eleanor
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Bea Shamrock , LittleMe Jewell , MitsuruKirijo06 Resident , Barry Ballyhoo , Songdog Woolley , Belletriss Parker , Ellen Ireland
02-17-2023, 06:25 PM
Dusky blue tipped white is dominant to white tipped grey. Lucky has dusky blue tipped white whiskers. Blue has grey tipped white whiskers. Their kitten has white tipped grey whiskers, which are dominant to grey tipped white, so can't have come from Blue. Therefore, Lucky must be carrying white tipped grey under the dusky blue.

Thanks given by: LittleMe Jewell , Songdog Woolley , Bea Shamrock , Arcadiamyst Resident
03-01-2023, 11:45 AM
Dusky Blue Tipped White DOMINANT to SMOKE
We've been working on this in a Discord channel for dummies like me to learn how to do a proof, so bear with me if I don't post the "proof" in the proper format.

Paired my starter that hid the new whisker (DBTW) with a Russian Black with a solid/pure SMOKE whisker. The Russian Black's pedigree shows that he could not possibly hide anything more recessive than SMOKE because of age of his grand on both sides.

Here are the pertinent links:

1. Pedigree for the Russian Black: https://gyazo.com/2a71d0523782b295af0d077a282f74c1

2. Pedigree for the Starter hiding DBTW:
https://gyazo.com/567c2c16ff53b87f329a89362454b368
 Thanks given by: Arcadiamyst Resident , Bea Shamrock , LittleMe Jewell
03-01-2023, 03:48 PM
RE: Dusky Blue Tipped White DOMINANT to SMOKE
(03-01-2023 11:45 AM)SisterButta Resident Wrote:  We've been working on this in a Discord channel for dummies like me to learn how to do a proof, so bear with me if I don't post the "proof" in the proper format.

This is a good question. I posted a proof for this whisker too, but the information wasn't included in the updates (newer things have been updated since then). So I'm not sure what we have to do to alert people to new proofs, other than putting them in the forum. Or if there's as format the proofs must follow.
03-01-2023, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2023 08:28 PM by LittleMe Jewell.)
(03-01-2023 11:45 AM)SisterButta Resident Wrote:  We've been working on this in a Discord channel for dummies like me to learn how to do a proof, so bear with me if I don't post the "proof" in the proper format.

Paired my starter that hid the new whisker (DBTW) with a Russian Black with a solid/pure SMOKE whisker. The Russian Black's pedigree shows that he could not possibly hide anything more recessive than SMOKE because of age of his grand on both sides.

Here are the pertinent links:

1. Pedigree for the Russian Black: https://gyazo.com/2a71d0523782b295af0d077a282f74c1

2. Pedigree for the Starter hiding DBTW:
https://gyazo.com/567c2c16ff53b87f329a89362454b368

You did the proof post correct. You posted the pictures showing what needed to be shown, though typically the poster then also states what the pictures are proving.

In your case, the pictures are proving that the Dusky Blue Tipped White is dominant to Smoke.

For that proof, we actually already knew it due to Polenth's post showing that the Dusky Blue Tipped White is dominant to White Tipped Grey.

I'm also posting the pictures inline to make it easier for others to see:
The first picture is Shaun's lineage showing his grandparents are too old to be hiding the Black Tipped White. The second picture then shows Shaun mated to the Starter that passes the Dusky Blue Tipped White and the baby has to be hiding Shaun's Smoke.

[Image: 2a71d0523782b295af0d077a282f74c1.png]

[Image: 567c2c16ff53b87f329a89362454b368.png]

(03-01-2023 03:48 PM)Polenth Yue Wrote:  This is a good question. I posted a proof for this whisker too, but the information wasn't included in the updates (newer things have been updated since then). So I'm not sure what we have to do to alert people to new proofs, other than putting them in the forum. Or if there's as format the proofs must follow.

It looks like the only updates making it to the Dominance Charts thread are the ones for new traits. We haven't had any of the recent placement type proofs added into that thread since mid-Feb. I imagine they'll get things all up to date soon. I've started keeping my own notes so that I don't have to bounce through all of the individual threads right now.

Thanks given by: Arcadiamyst Resident
03-01-2023, 08:57 PM
(03-01-2023 03:48 PM)Polenth Yue Wrote:  This is a good question. I posted a proof for this whisker too, but the information wasn't included in the updates (newer things have been updated since then). So I'm not sure what we have to do to alert people to new proofs, other than putting them in the forum. Or if there's as format the proofs must follow.

It looks like the only updates making it to the Dominance Charts thread are the ones for new traits. We haven't had any of the recent placement type proofs added into that thread since mid-Feb. I imagine they'll get things all up to date soon. I've started keeping my own notes so that I don't have to bounce through all of the individual threads right now.
[/quote]

=================
Hmmm....we were going by the dominance charts that didn't show that DBTW is dominant to Smoke. Sorry to have cluttered up your thread with out-of-date information.
03-01-2023, 09:18 PM
(03-01-2023 08:57 PM)SisterButta Resident Wrote:  =================
Hmmm....we were going by the dominance charts that didn't show that DBTW is dominant to Smoke. Sorry to have cluttered up your thread with out-of-date information.

No problem with posting the info. I imagine the entire process was still a good learning experience. And extra info on something never hurts.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)