Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs
03-19-2012, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012 10:37 AM by Khea Karas.)
RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs
(03-19-2012 08:48 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  I can remember having this scrolling prob somewhere recently.
What fixed it was simply pulling my browser window up to full size as i tend to downsize it on my big wide screen. Maybe try pulling yours around a bit Karen, who knows ...

No this was an issue when the viewer could not scroll down even with the window fully maximized. I was able to replicate the issue in firefox and I believe it occurs due to the page using iframes without the scroll enabled.

The issue is caused by this line of code:

Code:
<iframe frameborder="0" class="leaf-contents-gview" id="gview" src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak_Wqb33nVpndHhxT3RqQ1dtNV9WdDMtZUtaOGx0Q3c&amp;output=html&amp;chrome=false&amp;widget=true"></iframe></div>

Should be replaced by:

Code:
<iframe scrolling="auto" frameborder="0" class="leaf-contents-gview" id="gview" src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak_Wqb33nVpndHhxT3RqQ1dtNV9WdDMtZUtaOGx0Q3c&amp;output=html&amp;chrome=false&amp;widget=true"></iframe></div>

In order to fix the bug for now... the viewer can Right Click > This frame > Open Frame in New Tab.

[Image: v9rl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Mine works perfectly, scrolling included, on chrome and on Firefox -- UNLESS i fail to log into google, then Firefox gives me a 505 error. This is the link I use for the main page:

https://docs.google.com/?tab=mo&authuser=0&pli=1#folders/0B0_Wqb33nVpnZWYwNGViMGMtYWU4ZS00ZjAyLTk4OTctMzk2YzljODliMDhm

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
Find all posts by this user
03-21-2012, 08:59 AM
I get the error if I try to open an individual document, but if I click the document folder, then open the charts from that, it works fine.
04-06-2012, 02:34 AM
How on EARTH did we ever manage before Exclamation
04-06-2012, 05:13 AM
(04-06-2012 02:34 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  How on EARTH did we ever manage before Exclamation

Pure luck and lots of "magic", anna... *chuckles* Big Grin

Personally I remember breeding my first glitter-kitten several times, cursing that the damn cat would never "pass his glitter" - and not (at the time) realising that a trait needs to be present in both parents, shown or hidden, to pass... And I am pretty damn sure that that frustration was not mine alone ;-)

My first theory, by the way, was that only mysterious eyes, small pupils and shade were recessive! -Shortly after, of course, I realised that all non-starter traits are recessive to all starter-traits Wink

Oh, and I remember the first ever auction I went to! -Couple of cats was for sale, one with Fire eyes, the other with Purple Rain. Seller suggested this was the way to make Odyssey Fire & Rain Big Grin (Which, at the time, was pretty damn rare)

Fun times, but... I am glad we're not fumbling around in darkness THAT much any more :-)
04-07-2012, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 12:18 PM by anna Acanthus.)
(04-06-2012 05:13 AM)Saga Felix Wrote:  Oh, and I remember the first ever auction I went to! -Couple of cats was for sale, one with Fire eyes, the other with Purple Rain. Seller suggested this was the way to make Odyssey Fire & Rain Big Grin (Which, at the time, was pretty damn rare)

Oh dear, and i just invested in a super Snow with Ody Fire & Rain to work backwards Blush

Hahaha I think it took at least 6 months for it to kick in that starters hid a non gen trait for each trait, and other nameless ideas much too embarrassing to admit ^^
04-07-2012, 06:57 PM
(04-07-2012 11:59 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Hahaha I think it took at least 6 months for it to kick in that starters hid a non gen trait for each trait...

Hmm, yeah... that has yet to be proven, though. A project I have thought about for a while, but honestly... I have too much to do as it is.

But are we 100% that ALL traits are ALWAYS hidden in starters? -Then why was it a myth for sooo long that shade & small pupils are super-hard to breed compared to other traits? Was there a shred of truth to that myth? -Maybe it was actually because these traits are NOT necessarily present in ALL starters...?

This is PURE speculation from me. But fact remains, unless one of the KittyCats creators steps up and says "All traits are always hidden in starters", we have yet to prove that.

I am 100% sure that all starters hide fur & eyes - and I am almost 100% sure (but don't have it proven) that they hide traits behind everything called "genesis" (Fur, eyes, tail & ears)... But the rest? I simply do not know. We'd have to have a LOT of data from starters to be sure - preferably starters that mate fully traited cats.
I know it is indeed possible for a starter to hide ALL traits - my Ambrosia made a kitten that had all traits - except eyes & shade! -And since eyes and shade are those that are guaranteed in Ambrosias, voila... he just proved he hides everything.

I just think that... if ALL starters really did hide every trait, we'd have seen a fully traited kitten sooner. -Heck, even starter + starter could, with some great luck, have made one.

If anyone has the time and dedication to start collecting data for this, it could be interesting. They may hide all traits, all of them - or they may not. But it would be good to know for sure Smile

Saga
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
04-07-2012, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 08:17 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
I asked Equi this question, during a Questions session a while ago, if each starter hides besides fur and eyes all 9 non genesis traits and as I recall she answered this with a yes.
I should ask a confirmation of this.
There were so many questions I believe it was during the Christmas release.

Update: I asked just yet for a confirmation and Equi told me a starter does not always hide a shade and can hide silver whiskers as well.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
04-07-2012, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2012 12:13 AM by anna Acanthus.)
Oh thats interesting to know.
I assumed as i'd got all 9 traits out of some of my starters (not on the same kitty tho), this meant that all traits must then be hiding in all starters. I think my record too is 7 traits from a starter.
As for producing a super kitty right off i doubt the random allows that. There must be a random generating line i think that reads something like this : if ... give common shown + 0 hidden (+1, +2, +3 etc). Well it sure doesn't look like that of course and theres obviously much more to it (shown/hidden; hidden/shown, hidden/hidden for example) but i doubt very much if maximum 9 is included.
04-08-2012, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2012 05:41 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(04-07-2012 11:53 PM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Oh thats interesting to know.
I assumed as i'd got all 9 traits out of some of my starters (not on the same kitty tho), this meant that all traits must then be hiding in all starters. I think my record too is 7 traits from a starter.
As for producing a super kitty right off i doubt the random allows that. There must be a random generating line i think that reads something like this : if ... give common shown + 0 hidden (+1, +2, +3 etc). Well it sure doesn't look like that of course and theres obviously much more to it (shown/hidden; hidden/shown, hidden/hidden for example) but i doubt very much if maximum 9 is included.

Yes I think you right so what I first thought when I started with Kitties was eventually I could get all 9 traits out of a starter if I was stubborn enough isn't the fact Blush

(04-07-2012 06:57 PM)Saga Felix Wrote:  
(04-07-2012 11:59 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Hahaha I think it took at least 6 months for it to kick in that starters hid a non gen trait for each trait...

... But are we 100% that ALL traits are ALWAYS hidden in starters? -Then why was it a myth for sooo long that shade & small pupils are super-hard to breed compared to other traits? Was there a shred of truth to that myth? ...

Saga

Not sure if a shade and small pupil are harder to breed but from my experience it is.
It seems the parents give more easy a mysterious eye shape than a small pupil (even if I know for sure they hide a perfect eye) and shade it seem they are more stubborn in this as well.
Not sure if this is a fact but this is what I notice in my cattery.
Why I'm always happy if they give me a small pupil as I consider to breed in a mysterious eye shape later on easier.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)