Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

TOO MANY AUCTIONS: what happened to?
05-30-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: TOO MANY AUCTIONS: what happened to?
(05-30-2014 11:28 AM)Beloved Ruby Wrote:  Hello everyone, and great post Neck.

I believe that the auction schedule should be handled by a neutral party, rather than having it handled by any that may have clear conflict of interest in the matter. With a neutral person this kind of situation could be completely avoided. My 2 cents.

I am surprised that this situation was allowed to happen in the first instance to be honest!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Beloved Ruby , Jackson Verlack , Illuminatra Resident
05-30-2014, 11:43 AM
Yes, Nino, I am surprised as well, but again, conflict of interest. Very sad to see that even simple things as being considerate and have respect for others cannot be handled with grace and integrity.
 Thanks given by: Jackson Verlack
05-30-2014, 11:52 AM
wow i had no idea that this was even an issue. However, I would like to think it is just lack of knowledge of this system and maybe these posts will help spread the word and people will understand and comply. I agree that is is hard for the buyers and sellers for sure. Good luck to you all! <3

Posh
[Image: 90fd9561-d0f9-4059-a7eb-460f4b34671d_zps9ff2614f.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Jackson Verlack , Aubreygrace Starlight
05-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Im not an auctioneer but as a buyer and seller, auctions became only way of buying and selling, they lost the feel of special and rare occasion to get something unique, something worth going deep into pocket for (there are some great exceptions though!) and mostly is just a way to sell to a crowd. Who ever looks at calendar can see they pretty much take all times of day with very little holes to even consider a non auction time. As for the overlap, I think it was bound to happen, with same reason, too many auctions and way too often.

[Image: 13950600883_338a1a1f18_z.jpg]
= = = = = = = =
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Jackson_Verlack]
= = = = = = = =
 Thanks given by: Mizaki Resident , Kayleigh McMillan , Illuminatra Resident , IzzieJo Resident
05-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Well in my case it wasn't an overlap unfortunately, its was a complete time clash. It could have been avoided as there were times after and before my existing auction. KC has always been about working with each other and respecting each other. Neck is right if we want to continue we have to maintain that respect. To deliberately over run or clash with someones time is not respectful and hurts only buyers and sellers as I've previously stated Smile
 Thanks given by: Beloved Ruby , Illuminatra Resident
05-30-2014, 12:07 PM
there will be even more overlaps sadly because person updating the calendar hasnt loged since 23rd and Ive already heard of few going on at same times where neither is on the calendar. If anyone has any other name people can contact Im sure theres some who could happily do it Wink and yes, intentional clash doesnt deserve even a word, dunno if it happens but it should not, it should not be done to sellers and buyers.

[Image: 13950600883_338a1a1f18_z.jpg]
= = = = = = = =
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Jackson_Verlack]
= = = = = = = =
 Thanks given by: Beloved Ruby , Mizaki Resident , Illuminatra Resident , IzzieJo Resident
05-30-2014, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 12:52 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(05-30-2014 11:55 AM)Jackson Verlack Wrote:  Im not an auctioneer but as a buyer and seller, auctions became only way of buying and selling, they lost the feel of special and rare occasion to get something unique, something worth going deep into pocket for (there are some great exceptions though!) and mostly is just a way to sell to a crowd. Who ever looks at calendar can see they pretty much take all times of day with very little holes to even consider a non auction time. As for the overlap, I think it was bound to happen, with same reason, too many auctions and way too often.

I very much agree with Jackson an auction is not as special anymore as it used to be from a customer/ seller point of view.
I am no auctioneer either and I do not envy you guys & girls >.<
I was never too frank about this because auctioneers frequently go beyond and above to do their very best to make something really cool of their event.
I quit auctions all together over a year ago it is just too much too often.
I think this is part of the reason people bail out at least it has that effect on me.

Overlapping auctions shouldn't be much of a problem I think because I went always to my favorite auction(s) as I can't spend money all the time ofcourse.
So I think everyone finds their favorite auctioneer(s).
I can understand though it may feel as lack of respect towards one and other.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Mizaki Resident , Illuminatra Resident , Jackson Verlack
06-02-2014, 09:43 AM
As a "Newer" Auctioneer I chose My times around the times that were on the schedule ... Then came along those who wanted to share these times ... I could not agree with each and every one of you More.. I work for Multiple Venues and I find it Hard to schedule any Auction or to even Reschedule an auction if I were to be sick or have Real life that day.. In all Due respect for all of you .. I have the fastest Auctions on the Grid .. I clear all of my panels in less than an Hour so that All of you Guys do not Overlap with me .. I do this in respect for each and every auctioneer out there .. and I feel that if every Auctioneer picked up their pace we could all co exist in this tight schedule without having to worry about whose scheduling over who .. and as for Thursdays Auctions I don't have one on Thursdays just for this reason .. I think that's CRAP .. PURE CRAP .. BE the Bigger Guy or Girl and move your Auction to a different day or time .. its worth it in the end !!!!
 Thanks given by: phoenixfire01 Resident , Beloved Ruby , IzzieJo Resident , Jackson Verlack , Aubreygrace Starlight
06-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Ya know what really pisses me off !!!
Crap like this !!!!
Never seen this before and did they check the Schedule NO .. they did Not and who does it effect ?.. almost each and every one us !!!!
[2014/06/02 10:53] CAT-A-TONIK

MONDAY THRU FRIDAY 10 AM WK AUCTION!

20L FOR A REGULAR PANEL AND 30L FOR A SPECIAL. TWO PANELS PER PERSON ALLOWED.

COME AND HAVE FUN WITH US AND SEE WHAT SOME OF BEST BREEDERS IN SL ARE SELLING!

RENT A HUT OR LET YOUR CATS ROAM THE WHOLE SIM!! ONLY 1.5L PER PRIM!!!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ja...139/124/31

JOIN OUR NEW GROUP FOR YOUR ADVERTISING NEEDS!

secondlife:///app/group/370a3ca9-6a05-6845-f9c7-8f127a44e15a/about

CUTTING EVERY MARKET WITH PRICES AND PANEL PRICES THEN HAVING THE NERVE TO CALL TIMES THAT WE HAVE OR WORK AROUND!!! ... GOSH DOES THE MADNESS STOP?
06-02-2014, 12:18 PM
I think that each auctioneer's customer base is pretty much steady and people that do not respect the calendar will eventually feel the burn having overrun an existing auction or not having consulted the schedule. I believe in the end, people who want to work it that way burn their own selves with everyone else and sometimes the price paid is pretty high, when your reputation is tainted. Sometimes is best to leave it as is, and work yourself with integrity, honesty and appreciation for your fellow auctioneers and community members. That, in the end, is what really matters and people see this and respond to it with the same respect and appreciation you give onto others. Basic principles.
 Thanks given by: Nino Heartsdale

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)