KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: TOO MANY AUCTIONS: what happened to?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
what the heck happened to auctioneers respecting one another and the professionalism? of not running into one anothers time?
this is what is hitting our market hard.
why am i saying this? cause i have always respected auction times and it would be so nice to get the same...
those of us around this block a long time follow some sort of guide.
if you look at any breedableS out there the ones that are not surviving
are the ones that have this issue.
ok over and out..CURIOUS am I...
neck
Well said Neck - I couldn't agree more with you. What has happened recently is deplorable. As far as I am concerned, it smacks of a lack of respect and integrity! Not only that, but it leads to schism and competition in a community which should be united by their shared love of kittycats, instead of divided in this way!
bumping
Yes! I agree! For those new auctioneers, or those wanting to be one here is the auction schedule. Please PLEASE out of respect for others looks at this and schedule accordingly.

All Auctions Schedule

There is no need for competition in this area.
I agree with all of you. For those new auctioneers or planning to be an auctioneer, please contact BreeAnn (Brunabug Nightfire) to add your auction to the schedule and please look at the schedule first. It's about respect and integrity. Here's the grid wide schedule if you don't know about it, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtYTmqsi0Z0tdE5xMWRlczluX0c0alBDT2hSRldvN3c#gid=0. Thank you. Now, back to my RL. Have fun everyone.
We should all have respect for one another and this goes beyond cutting into auction schedules.
Any auctioneer who disrespects another and chooses to overlap their auction into a time slot of another has — beyond any doubts — a lack of consideration for others.
By others I mean more than just the auctioneer they choose to overlap with but with also breeders who rent the panels, as well as breeders who go to auctions to buy kitties.
Why make things difficult for the entire community?
What's worse is when these inconsiderate auctioneers choose to carry out such actions only because they know it will infringe on another auctioneer's schedule... Sigh.
I simply don't see the need to make life difficult for others because there's nothing to gain from it.
Does that little bit of gloating really change one's life?
If so, then some people lead really sad and meaningless lives... Sigh (and sigh again!)
i think though also there are new auctioneerS that want to learn how to do it! those auctioneer i respect to. I just want NEW FOLKS to understand there is a etiquette and a guideline that keep KITTYCATS alive secondary market. i love to teach, those that know me KNOW THIS. and I respect learning. so tandem folks and get the schedule to all new members so they KNOW THERE IS A GUIDELINE .
again, for example:: i have my once a month auction been going for over 2 yrs called the oddity auction. that times slot is taken. 5pm friday once a month on the schedule. respect the time. thanks.
I have to Agree with all of you.
This has recently happened to me and the only person its hurting is the sellers, and the buyers. They feel torn as to whos auction to go to. Luckily in my case I have some great support and friends and it seems if anything this has made my auction more popular.
I have worked in other breedables where there were so many auctions peoples had to overlap or run over each other as it was new, but Kittycats has never been like that. Its always had that respect within the community and auctions until recently.
I would never expect someone to chose whos auction they go to, and I would also never put them in that position.
(05-30-2014 08:43 AM)Catelesky Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I have to Agree with all of you.
This has recently happened to me and the only person its hurting is the sellers, and the buyers. They feel torn as to whos auction to go to. Luckily in my case I have some great support and friends and it seems if anything this has made my auction more popular.
I have worked in other breedables where there were so many auctions peoples had to overlap or run over each other as it was new, but Kittycats has never been like that. Its always had that respect within the community and auctions until recently.
I would never expect someone to chose whos auction they go to, and I would also never put them in that position.

Well said Cate... well said!

I am glad that everyone that has posted in this thread agrees with one another. I hope that this mess sorts itself out.
Hello everyone, and great post Neck.

I believe that the auction schedule should be handled by a neutral party, rather than having it handled by any that may have clear conflict of interest in the matter. With a neutral person this kind of situation could be completely avoided. My 2 cents.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's