Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Food going super fast!!
01-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Food going super fast!!
Anyone else noticing food being eaten super fast? I have a fair amount of cats out but this is the fastest the food has ever gone .. seems after every update the food goings quickly!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2012, 03:05 PM
RE: Food going super fast!!
Hi Spazzy,

During the Halloween special I thought I noticed the same.
Not only did I add less strong food, we received with our specials, to my server why it obviously went faster but I did have slightly more cats than normal due to this special.
Perhaps it was a combination of the above which gave me the feeling food runned out faster than before.
KittyCatS runned a test with me though which proofed the food did not went faster than normal.
If you think something is not right I would file a ticket just to be sure:-)

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

01-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Hey Kayleigh,

i actually think I have less cats atm ... sometimes it seems the 10 food i buy last well over a week .. and sometimes its gone in less than a week ... I think I might try a ticket anyway too ... Huh

(01-07-2012 03:05 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Hi Spazzy,

During the Halloween special I thought I noticed the same.
Not only did I add less strong food, we received with our specials, to my server why it obviously went faster but I did have slightly more cats than normal due to this special.
Perhaps it was a combination of the above which gave me the feeling food runned out faster than before.
KittyCatS runned a test with me though which proofed the food did not went faster than normal.
If you think something is not right I would file a ticket just to be sure:-)
01-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Yes that indeed is inconsistant it might be a good feeling if KittyCatS will check this for you.
Good luck with it:-)

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

03-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Hi Spazzy,
This happened to me a while ago. I had been buying 40 food/milk a week and doing fine on that when suddenly it seemed to increase drasticly almost over night. I was up to around 80 a week and hadn't added that many cats. I did the math, shook my head and went and bought more. Again..it went in a flash and I talked to my partner. He said we should watch it for a few days so I said ok and went and got more food. Again..what should have lasted our cats a week was gone in two days. I asked Theo for help and he did the math for me again and said I was right, that I should need about 40 food/milk a week. He asked how I had the food set and I thought hmm. My partner and I both breed and I had my server set to feed all cats on the parcel. I think since I have neighbors that breed, and SL can sometimes do strange things with range that I may have been feeding more than just our cats. We decided to just go get a feeder for my partner and now we each have one set to feed our own cats only and that seemed to fix it. So check the settings on your food mat if you use a auto feeder and don't set to parcel or sim unless you the only one using kibble =op
04-26-2012, 12:25 PM
I am having the same problem Kitten Longmeadow is looking into it,and even in the new cattery my food went quickly.it may be that I just have too many but kitten will be able to tell me so I'll wait and see first. If this keep happening I may have to give up breeding I can't afford it : (
04-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Hi all! To reiterate what Kayleigh said, if you think there is a problem, just file a ticket so we can begin to look into it with you. In the case of food seeming to go too fast, we've done numerous food tests with customers and each time the results showed that the food was being consumed at a normal rate. If you'd like a food test done with you, we can do that too.

@Ace - the food test we did in world showed that the cats were eating at the normal rate. We also just replied to your ticket regarding the cattery food; please check the ticket when you get a chance and respond. Thanks! Smile

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
04-27-2012, 03:38 AM
As a confessing paranoid (not calling you that now Smile) I was suspicious quite some times when the amount of food was less than my estimated amount - especially when the server was well filled it seemed to flush faster. And after Updates everything seemed a lil queer anyway, food intake as well as breeding behaviour, but ususally all went back to normal after about a week.

I put my cats into the cattery last week and was shocked to see it melting like snow in the sahara, way faster than it should go. But after some suspicious eyeing the food melting rate, I found that it lasted about the time it should have (a few hours amiss, but hey) I thought I was watching when many of the cats were awake and actually eating.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/New/44/101/352
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-27-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm also noticing huge fluctuations in food & milk usage. I put out 60 cats when I got my new land last week. I put 20 food & 20 milk into the food server. All the cats were sick because I'd been gone for 2 months but I asked in cat chat if sick cats ate more food than healthy cats & was told "no, they don't". Overnight 5 foods were used! The day after that 3 foods were used from the previous 24 hrs. Between last night & this morning 1 food was used (with 50 cats down at home).

A couple days ago I moved 12 of the cats into the cattery to try that out. All of those cats were sick too & still are. I put 20 food & 10 milk in. Three days later less than 1 food is used & over 1 milk. I thought that sick cats didn't use the milk until they were well again? All 12 of the cats are still in sick mode yet they're using more milk in there than food. Seven of the cats out of the 50 left at home (not in the cattery) were brought back to health days ago with get well potions & they're using less milk than the 12 sick ones in the cattery. I'm really confused as to how to even estimate how much food/milk will be used when it's fluctuating so much. It doesn't seem to make any sense to me or am I missing something?
04-27-2012, 12:20 PM
" All the cats were sick because I'd been gone for 2 months but I asked in cat chat if sick cats ate more food than healthy cats & was told "no, they don't". Overnight 5 foods were used! The day after that 3 foods were used from the previous 24 hrs. "

This is because they feed down to 0% hunger first, I guess.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/New/44/101/352
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: