Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Request: Important news via subscribo too
11-23-2013, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 10:05 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Bug Request: Important news via subscribo too
Hello Smile

A lot of things I simply don't know because receiving addicts' groupnotices is unreliable.
Also being able to chat is often not working perhaps due to the size of the group.
If I try to open the chat window and it immediately shuts down perhaps due to amount of members participating.
All this makes it very hard to stay tuned and updated.
Basically I miss all the news because I simply do not receive it.
I assigned to the Subscribe O Matic and notices and information group but I noticed for example new traits are not announced via Subscribo and not all events either or way later.
Sometimes I see new traits coming by I never heard about because I missed the announcement the same goes for events to come.
I have to say it becomes very difficult to stay in touch when it is important.
I tried to assign an alt to addicts and in that account I do not receive other things just to make sure I get all news via e-mail but this fails all to often as well.
I want to request if Subscribo can be used more consistantly to inform those of us who otherwise miss out.

Thank you Smile

Kay

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus , CatSoleil Bellecoeur , Rala Huckleberry , Eurydice Barzane , Deer Thistle , Aubreygrace Starlight
11-23-2013, 11:31 AM
RE: Request: Important news via subscribo too
Good idea Kay !

I rarely receive KCA notices either now.
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , CatSoleil Bellecoeur
11-23-2013, 11:35 AM
(11-23-2013 11:31 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Good idea Kay !

I know right?
It is so frustrating I think I completely lost touch with the important community things Sad

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

11-23-2013, 04:11 PM
(11-23-2013 11:31 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  I rarely receive KCA notices either now.

Kay, I'm glad you began this thread. Like you and Anna, I rarely receive notices. (Glad to know it's not just me and something wrong with my computer or connection or some such thing!)

Just this morning I was wishing that the website would be updated more quickly to show pictures of the new furs, eye colors, and other traits soon after they are discovered... so we wouldn't have to go digging through the group notices to try and figure out what is new and what it looks like.

CAT'S CATS
"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." (Leonardo da Vinci)
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Aubreygrace Starlight
11-23-2013, 06:42 PM
(11-23-2013 11:31 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Good idea Kay !

I confirm.........the groupnotices arrive rarely............very good idea indeed!!!
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
11-25-2013, 11:00 PM
The thing with group notices is a well known issue with larger groups. That they do not send to all members who may be offline at the time they are sent. There is a JIRA about it as well. I have just gotten into the habit of checking the past notices every other day or so to make sure I don't miss anything!

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-26-2013, 12:40 PM
I am a member of the Subscribe o matic they have at the Main Store and often I get the subscribo notice when the group notice never made it. At least that lets me know there is something new and I just check the past notices instead, however as far as I know they do not send notices through the subscribo when there are new traits being discovered. It would be nice to have these type of news sent through as well!
11-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Hiay Kay, Until that is possible, try this: Stick a post-it on your desktop and write down a reminder to check the inworld group notice every day, and then to open up the forum and just hit view todays post. I know thats not what you want and probably want to avoid doing even that, but I have the same problems and dont think I have ever gotten messages myself. This is the only way I continually no what is going on. Hope it helps in the meantime! Smile

Heart Amore

Heart Amore KittyCats Heart
Check out all 5 Locations! Lm's in my Profile!
Main Store
11-27-2013, 04:33 AM
I have notices turned off in every group I am. Instead I check notices every day when I log in. Some groups I check every day, others I check maybe once a week, because I know they don't send notices more often. I've never missed a notice yet that way.
11-27-2013, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 07:09 PM by MadmanJohn Resident.)
Saw this post and had to jump in. if you go back in the sl forums a ways you will find posts related to this,, but the short version, LLabs is slowly dismantling the group post system because they feel it's not being used the way it was intended to be. That's why they came up with "contact sets' as an option but that menas everyone would have to have everyone in their contact list to be able to work, which isn't an option for large groups.

But the thing is, groups were only designed to be used for property and small event control and group chats for brief notices or land updates, so the server allocations were never designed for this and also-- when a notice gets posted, it only gets sent to the most recent 499 people logged on, no matter how many are in a group. Seems to me if i recall correctly it was around that time they created the 499 post limit-- it started affecting large clubs and stores right away--- this was also around the time of the birth of the firestorm viewer--- the two are not related, it was just the timing.

So they are on a rant to do away with it all and get them under control-- i don't have a direct link for this but if you back into sl forums and other posts you will find all of what I just posted here, this all started in late 2011 and is a work in progress.

At this point a Sub-o is a viable and may be one of the only quick fix options. This will also get further limited by the new chui viewer system, which they are still writng code on.

Edit: I first heard about this at an office hours meeting in august of 2011, it hit the forums for a short time and llabs has done the best they could to sweep it under the rug, in the end of it all, most of the general public blamed the early firestomr for "messing up the grid" and the FS people had nothing to do with it at all. this is also part of what ignited all the fires to save the PX viewer--- this was also when they started imposing harder "cap limits" on im's and notices. That's all history now and nobody's talking much about it anymore but LLabs is going forward with this, and what they said at the time is they want it limted back to land useage only.

I started a cat comic project with our family & kittycats, Everyone keeps telling me to post this so here it is. Thanks for watching Big Grin HERE

User(s) browsing this thread: