Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Need Breeding Help!
11-28-2019, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2019 12:25 AM by Nevalyn Looming.)
Heart Need Breeding Help!
[font=Verdana] I started KittyCatS in 2012, took a break, came back in 2014, took another break, and here I am again!

What's in? What's out? I have 53 boxed cats to breed, how should I pair them? I'm not in the loop anymore. HELP!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2019, 08:43 AM
RE: Need Breeding Help!
There have been many many new traits introduced since 2014. I'm going to suggest that you take your favorite old cat boxes and pair them with current cats which show more updated traits.
The Discoveries and History list is found here:Discoveries & Retirements

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , Nevalyn Looming
11-28-2019, 10:35 AM
The cat's traits are set when the box appears. That is, when the New Born Kitten appears in-world or in your Cattery.

This is important because if you have, say, a Winter Collection delivery kit from 2014 which you've never removed the kitten box from, the traits are set when you do so. That means even though it's a 2014 collection starter, and will show the collection traits, when you breed it you have the same chances for __today's__ (that is, the instant you take to kitten box out and place it in-world or your Cattery) current set of traits.

It sounds like you have boxes which were bred back in 2014. Breeding them won't produce any __current__ traits, but can produce a trait which __was__ current but has since been retired. So, if you're looking at how to use them, I'd suggest only breeding them against more-recent offspring. That way you'll have a reasonable chance both of propagating newer traits and older, retired traits (should there be any).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-28-2019, 04:47 PM
(11-28-2019 10:35 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  The cat's traits are set when the box appears. That is, when the New Born Kitten appears in-world or in your Cattery.

This is important because if you have, say, a Winter Collection delivery kit from 2014 which you've never removed the kitten box from, the traits are set when you do so. That means even though it's a 2014 collection starter, and will show the collection traits, when you breed it you have the same chances for __today's__ (that is, the instant you take to kitten box out and place it in-world or your Cattery) current set of traits.

It sounds like you have boxes which were bred back in 2014. Breeding them won't produce any __current__ traits, but can produce a trait which __was__ current but has since been retired. So, if you're looking at how to use them, I'd suggest only breeding them against more-recent offspring. That way you'll have a reasonable chance both of propagating newer traits and older, retired traits (should there be any).

Thank you! That's exactly what I am doing. <3

User(s) browsing this thread: