Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Not Sure What's Going On
03-31-2019, 06:11 PM
Not Sure What's Going On
Yesterday, 2 pairs of my cats were on the verge of breeding. Earlier today one pair produced a box - I wasn't interested in the result so I took it into inventory instead of letting it be "born". The other pair, had a few hours to go.

Later in the day the other pair read as having 13 minutes left when I check on them.

I went to do some things around my (rl) house and came back a while later to no box. Figured SL was just being slow but here it is way now than an hour later and nothing.

And I noticed, the pair that I had partnered, are now showing as not partnered (I did not have them to automatically repartner) which would lead me to believe a box HAD arrived - but, it did not.

I also wanted to move all the cats elsewhere so I picked them up into inventory and rezzed them back out a few seconds later. The female cat of the pair mentioned is now giving me a script error so, I'm wondering if this is possibly the reason why no box showed up?

Elora
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2019, 04:03 PM
RE: Not Sure What's Going On
My cattery breeding boxed cat has come out broken too saying Foolin Around nO then lists a long number it's really upset me because I don't know what's happened (I ended up wiping my bank rl to buy vitamins to speed up things and so it's even more upsetting when I came back to this)
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Elora Lunasea
04-01-2019, 04:22 PM
(04-01-2019 04:03 PM)TenothsWorld Resident Wrote:  My cattery breeding boxed cat has come out broken too saying Foolin Around nO then lists a long number it's really upset me because I don't know what's happened (I ended up wiping my bank rl to buy vitamins to speed up things and so it's even more upsetting when I came back to this)

This is a special April's Fool kitten that is being born today through the next 10 days. The number is long because it's totally unique for each avatar. It's a costume kitty. There's an announcement about the special births in the group notices.

https://www.kittycats.ws/forum/showthrea...952&page=1
04-01-2019, 05:09 PM
TenothsWorld, your kitty is not broken, it's a special April Fool's Day cat. A lot of people collect them (I have a lot of the ones from last year) so if you don't like it, you can sell it to someone who collects these.

04-01-2019, 05:17 PM
Ah okay thank you I'm still very new to kitty cats so I thought it was broken I didn't realise it was a costume as nothing was showing I'll have to log into sl tomorrow to get a look at it after taking it out of the cattery
04-01-2019, 07:03 PM
Still would like to know what happened to my situation.
Can we discuss April Fools cats elsewhere?
04-02-2019, 09:41 AM
(03-31-2019 06:11 PM)Elora Lunasea Wrote:  Yesterday, 2 pairs of my cats were on the verge of breeding. Earlier today one pair produced a box - I wasn't interested in the result so I took it into inventory instead of letting it be "born". The other pair, had a few hours to go.

Later in the day the other pair read as having 13 minutes left when I check on them.

I went to do some things around my (rl) house and came back a while later to no box. Figured SL was just being slow but here it is way now than an hour later and nothing.

And I noticed, the pair that I had partnered, are now showing as not partnered (I did not have them to automatically repartner) which would lead me to believe a box HAD arrived - but, it did not.

I also wanted to move all the cats elsewhere so I picked them up into inventory and rezzed them back out a few seconds later. The female cat of the pair mentioned is now giving me a script error so, I'm wondering if this is possibly the reason why no box showed up?

Elora

About the 13 minutes you mention : it sounds like the pair had 13 minutes remaining on their partnership which absolutely doesn't mean they were to breed in 13 minutes. Partnering cats only ensures they breed together and not with another cat you own that would be ready to breed. It doesn't mean they *will* breed.
Cats that are partnered (even on auto renew) will automatically break their partnership after the 11 days of partnership if they don't have a kitten, which is more than probably what happened to your cats, nothing to do with a script error.

Thanks given by: Elora Lunasea
04-02-2019, 04:15 PM
(04-02-2019 09:41 AM)HikariItsumo Resident Wrote:  
(03-31-2019 06:11 PM)Elora Lunasea Wrote:  Yesterday, 2 pairs of my cats were on the verge of breeding. Earlier today one pair produced a box - I wasn't interested in the result so I took it into inventory instead of letting it be "born". The other pair, had a few hours to go.

Elora

About the 13 minutes you mention : it sounds like the pair had 13 minutes remaining on their partnership which absolutely doesn't mean they were to breed in 13 minutes. Partnering cats only ensures they breed together and not with another cat you own that would be ready to breed. It doesn't mean they *will* breed.
Cats that are partnered (even on auto renew) will automatically break their partnership after the 11 days of partnership if they don't have a kitten, which is more than probably what happened to your cats, nothing to do with a script error.

Aaah! Ok gatcha! Thanks for the explanation. Much appreciated.
It's been years since I tried breeding (I mean, literally years) so I forgot exactly how this all works.
Elora
 Thanks given by: HikariItsumo Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: