Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Kitty pricing!
03-10-2019, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2019 04:31 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
RE: Kitty pricing!
Have to admit my heart sank when I saw someone had decided to dig out this thread again since the last reply was well over a year ago it doesn't take into account all the market changes that occured over the last year. Not to mention the thread itself was started 4 years ago.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
03-10-2019, 07:15 AM
(03-10-2019 04:30 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  Have to admit my heart sank when I saw someone had decided to dig out this thread again since the last reply was well over a year ago it doesn't take into account all the market changes that occured over the last year. Not to mention the thread itself was started 4 years ago.

It was appropriate for me to post my opinion here rather spam forums with a whole new topic. I was not a member of sl when this thread was created. How ever it was a topic I was personally interested. If it bother you that much you didnt have to click to read it. Its here for others to read an put they opinion no matter how old it is. When you have a topic you want to discuss in forums its good to see if a discussion was all ready made already to keep forums from being over crowded with the same subject period.

[Image: 5efpnd.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Ferocity302 Thor
03-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Mr GQ, a few things about your post, just comments and a bit of a different opinion.

- there are no 10T cats, just 9T with a size which some people put as 9+1 to bring attention to it being a cat with a size but 9 traits is maximum.
- I don't see anything wrong with people asking over 1K for a cat especially if it contains a new fur, eye, trait. It is normal that when traits are new, they cost a lot because those traits are very rare and new to the market, especially on a sized kitty. It is not 'over pricing' to put certain cats with high value, because they do have high value - price reflects that.
- I hear a lot that it is somehow 'wrong' for anyone who is not a creator to want or expect to make a profit. There is nothing wrong with wanting to see KittyCatS as some kind of business to make profit in. If you are happy to just break even, then great. Others do not feel this way which is also good. For KittyCats this makes real life money, nothing wrong with others who want to make a bit for themselves too. Infact if it was not for these people, the market would really be affected in a bad way. It's not them being greedy and somehow taking advantage of somebody elses creation - quite the opposite because if not for the people who for example buy up new traits and trait cats up, the market would really suffer. If everyone had the idea that over 1k was too much for a cat, there would be a lot of nice cats not ever selling especially the new ones so this is worth considering. We all have to spend within our means, if 1k is your max for a cat, then great. Same if you don't care about making a profit, this is what you are happy doing. But it's not really fair to 'frown' on others for not being like you especially when they are actually the ones keeping the market afloat in some bad times because they are the ones buying, not just looking for cheaper cats.
- you put that ' I think anything over 5k for a collect able is over pricing and will sit in shops for ever' - not if it is mega size for example. 5k would be way too low for a collectable mega but really it comes down to what you are willing pay. You don't want to pay over 1k for any normal cat or 5k for any collector. That's quite okay but it needs to be understood that some cats are worth more. If you can't afford it, it doesn't make it unfair, it just means it is out of your price range and that's how life can be for anything. So as long as everyone is buying what they are happy to pay, it's great! And remember, the ones who are willing to pay more are the ones buying new traits and getting them out there ultimately. If not for them the new traits would just sit until older and very low price/worthless, it's worth thinking about.

Just a comment on some profilers that was made earlier here. I noticed that too and seems they have been totally shut down. I just hope people were refunded or compensated or even just warned before this happened. Sad if not =/
 Thanks given by: Lixy Byron , Priestess Firanelli , Miele Tarantal
03-10-2019, 04:10 PM
Minx, you are correct, the profilers are totally shut down and no, people have not been compensation for nor notified of said shut down.

VALYRIAN CATS Owner & CatTales Staff
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito
03-10-2019, 11:37 PM
Thankyou for the news, sorry to hear that the right thing was not done for people who used it =/
 Thanks given by: phoenixfire01 Resident
04-08-2019, 11:00 PM
Well - I'm grateful the thread was dug up, because it's precisely answering some things I was wondering about. I'm also grateful that Ivy mentioned how old the thread is and that some things are no longer true.

I just put up my first KittyCat store thinking I should finally start to try to make back a little of what I've spent. I used the "KittyCat Calculator" to decide upon pricing, but as I look around at the other vendors, I feel as if my kitties are generally priced far above those in other shops. So I guess this isn't a good indicator of what I should be charging, anymore. Grrr, I might actually have to do some research; imagine that! Tongue

I especially found useful the posts about combining traits to create a beautiful cat, not just a cat with all the latest traits. That seems really spot-on to me, and definitely something that would be appreciated by most, as opposed to combining new and less dominant traits. More people find value in beauty, regardless of cost. I'd already started to do this a bit but maybe it should be the entire goal, n'est-ce pas?

Ugh now I need to reprice all my kitties.

[Image: deep-dream-kitties-signage-smol.png]
Deep Dream Kitties in SL
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
04-09-2019, 12:57 AM
(04-08-2019 11:00 PM)Miele Tarantal Wrote:  Well - I'm grateful the thread was dug up, because it's precisely answering some things I was wondering about. I'm also grateful that Ivy mentioned how old the thread is and that some things are no longer true.

I just put up my first KittyCat store thinking I should finally start to try to make back a little of what I've spent. I used the "KittyCat Calculator" to decide upon pricing, but as I look around at the other vendors, I feel as if my kitties are generally priced far above those in other shops. So I guess this isn't a good indicator of what I should be charging, anymore. Grrr, I might actually have to do some research; imagine that! Tongue

I especially found useful the posts about combining traits to create a beautiful cat, not just a cat with all the latest traits. That seems really spot-on to me, and definitely something that would be appreciated by most, as opposed to combining new and less dominant traits. More people find value in beauty, regardless of cost. I'd already started to do this a bit but maybe it should be the entire goal, n'est-ce pas?

I personally find the best place to check out current prices is the web market https://torgon.info/manage/#!/kccats, you can search by traits there and price in line with the market. It is especially useful when pricing the newest traits as those do change rapidly until they are widespread and settle into the normal pricing structures people use.

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Miele Tarantal , TerrorMisu Resident , MsMagick Resident
04-09-2019, 05:03 PM
(04-09-2019 12:57 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  
(04-08-2019 11:00 PM)Miele Tarantal Wrote:  Well - I'm grateful the thread was dug up, because it's precisely answering some things I was wondering about. I'm also grateful that Ivy mentioned how old the thread is and that some things are no longer true.

I personally find the best place to check out current prices is the web market https://torgon.info/manage/#!/kccats, you can search by traits there and price in line with the market. It is especially useful when pricing the newest traits as those do change rapidly until they are widespread and settle into the normal pricing structures people use.
Thank you! I am using their profilers - not surprised they are helpful in other ways Wink

[Image: deep-dream-kitties-signage-smol.png]
Deep Dream Kitties in SL
04-14-2019, 08:48 PM
Fuzzbutt says he's considering leasing himself out... Not sure how to price himself, except that being and Elder God (per his trophy from the first Cat Show), he seems to think that the 10,000-15,000L per day range is reasonable... I suspect he is considering upgrading his kibble!

[Image: 37187146780_f91832db7f_b.jpg]

♂ 'Fuzzbutt' Fardoragh - 1907 Days
Fur: American Shorthair - Blue Tabby
Eyes: Genesis Earth (Curious|Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Guitar)
Size: Normal
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Songdog Woolley
04-15-2019, 10:14 AM
(04-14-2019 08:48 PM)ArikTheRed Resident Wrote:  Fuzzbutt says he's considering leasing himself out... Not sure how to price himself, except that being and Elder God (per his trophy from the first Cat Show), he seems to think that the 10,000-15,000L per day range is reasonable... I suspect he is considering upgrading his kibble!

[Image: 37187146780_f91832db7f_b.jpg]

♂ 'Fuzzbutt' Fardoragh - 1907 Days
Fur: American Shorthair - Blue Tabby
Eyes: Genesis Earth (Curious|Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Guitar)
Size: Normal

What exactly is Fuzzbutt offering since he is over the hill and can't breed?

Forum Based Charts

User(s) browsing this thread: