Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Scottish Shorthair - Blue & White
12-13-2017, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2017 10:15 PM by Inia Soulstar.)
RE: Scottish Shorthair - Blue & White
I will test the above Scottish Blue and White and pairs with Blue Mink or higher to find the hidden. Will update after. Smile

(12-13-2017 04:40 AM)Reven Rosca Wrote:  Hold your horses!
The Siamese Chocolate Tortie has passed either it's shown or hidden fur, which means that the Scottish Shorthair Blue and White offspring hides either Tonkinese Blue Mink or The Siamese Chocolate Tortie.

There is a fair chance that Scottish Shorthair Blue and White is dominant to Siamese Chocolate Tortie, but we can't know that for certain until we have found the Scot's hidden fur.

[Image: Inia_Soulstar.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Reven Rosca , Ivy Norsk
12-26-2017, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2017 10:47 AM by Songdog Woolley.)
Proof that Scottish Shorthair Blue & White is dominant to Siamese Chocolate Tortie:

[Image: 7afe191abd8f9dc8b7510d3db1ca7232.png]
 Thanks given by: Coverboytoy Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Reven Rosca , Inia Soulstar , Ivy Norsk
12-27-2017, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2017 01:47 AM by Coverboytoy Resident.)
Thank you Song. Also with the pic below, I tested it with a Tonki Blue Mink (hiding Bengal Blue > Toyger Caramel), and the Scottish Shorthair Blue and White won, but with Song's proof, Siamese Chocolate Tortie is recessive to Shorthair Blue and White.

Here is a pic anyways.

[Image: c9d934cd7d1f2530b0da4bbc3bba0a15.png]

ςoνєгßⓄץ кєレレץ™ (coverboytoy)
Auctioneer Tongue
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137812323@N05/
12-27-2017, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2017 08:27 AM by Reven Rosca.)
Coverboy. You proved Scottish Shorthair Blue and White dominant to Aby Dark the 6th December, when you pulled Aby Dark from behind Mercury's shown Scotty Blue & White.
(12-05-2017 11:04 PM)Coverboytoy Resident Wrote:  [Image: 66da36bdd4a95732e7da53626b6c644b.png]

Then, you breed Mercury and Sirena'a next offspring (SSB&W hiding Burmilla CSor more recessive) to a Blue Mink hiding Bengal Blue or more recessive, and got a SSB&W back.

This pairing makes me wonder if you have understood what dominance testing is all about, and how dominance/recessiveness works.

The kitten hidden fur is Blue Mink/Ben Blue/More recessive. The hidden eyes are perfect Soul Whisper or more recessive, there is a Blush shade, and Puff, Wild or possibly a more recessive tail. More recessive will probaby but not certainly be Fluffy. Granddad's Pixie Point ears are dominant to Soft Curl, and therefore lost, and the kitten must therefore hide Soft Curl or more recessive from Mom.
Grandma's Scotty Folds and Flame Double Dreamy are also lost, since dad passed his shown ears and whiskers, and the hiddens must come from Mom's side, namely Latte Double plush or more recessive

While this is a good pairing for uptraiting, it is completely useless as a placement test, because it can only prove what's already proven. Nice uptraiting, though!

(12-27-2017 01:42 AM)Coverboytoy Resident Wrote:  Thank you Song. Also with the pic below, I tested it with a Tonki Blue Mink (hiding Bengal Blue > Toyger Caramel), and the Scottish Shorthair Blue and White won, but with Song's proof, Siamese Chocolate Tortie is recessive to Shorthair Blue and White.

Here is a pic anyways.

[Image: c9d934cd7d1f2530b0da4bbc3bba0a15.png]

(12-26-2017 10:44 AM)Songdog Woolley Wrote:  Proof that Scottish Shorthair Blue & White is dominant to Siamese Chocolate Tortie:

[Image: 7afe191abd8f9dc8b7510d3db1ca7232.png]

This is a crystal clear, solid proof.
Mom is a Tonkie Blue Mink, Dad is a Scottish Blue&White.
The kitten is a Siamese Chocolate Tortie, whick is known to be dominant to Tonkie Blue Mink.
Siamese Chocolate Tortie must therefore be Dad's hidden, and recessive to Scottish Shorthair Blue And White

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Inia Soulstar , Ivy Norsk
12-28-2017, 01:25 AM
Here's another one to show dominant to Toyger Silver Smile

[Image: 304b80e9c3c20ca7428a2f49f106a166.png]

[Image: Inia_Soulstar.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain
12-28-2017, 05:52 AM
(12-28-2017 01:25 AM)Inia Soulstar Wrote:  Here's another one to show dominant to Toyger Silver Smile

[Image: 304b80e9c3c20ca7428a2f49f106a166.png]

Oh! This is nice, and shows very well that breeding and testing takes time.

Mom is the first SSB&W from the OP, and she is also grandma on dad's side.
She was suspected to hide Toyger Silver. Dad is a SSB&W.

Both parents passed their hidden furs, and the kitten shows Toyger Silver.

Dad shows his mother's fur, and hides his father's hidden, which must be Toyger Silver or more recessive, because we know that Ocicat Black is dominant to Toyger Silver. The kitten would have shown Ocicat Black if that was dad's hidden.

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Inia Soulstar , Arwen Swordthain
12-29-2017, 09:54 AM
Congrats on your proof Inia, I am however wondering, since a lot of proofs are being posted proving this fur is dominant to things we already know its dominant to, if everyones actually looking at the charts, I'm not sure on the current status of the updates on the Saga charts but thought it might be helpful to post a picture of the current status on the forum charts as drawn from this thread.

[Image: cee8021afa4eac4ce1dac3f551055ae4.png]

Scottish Shorthair - Blue and White is currently known to be dominant to Siamese - Chocolate Tortie, testing with furs recessive to this won't provide any new information, I appreciate that Inia may have been hoping to pull Ocicat - Black, hope this helps anyone who hasn't seen an updated chart so is unsure where we are with testing Smile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Inia Soulstar , Ivy Norsk
12-30-2017, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2017 08:45 AM by Shamu077 Resident.)
So nobody is trying the topside to see where SS Blue&White really is in the dominance chart?
I can try Russian Black, or (gasp) Siamese Seal Smile

I take it nobody wants to risk losing the new fur by breediing with a too dominant fur yet? Or, breeders know the dominant furs won't sell even if the hider is a new fur?

I would rather sell my 6T hiding 9T, 100% Love SS Blue&White girl, than use it as test cat, but if nobody else will do it, I can try. Going to check what's for sale first.

Shamu
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Ivy Norsk
12-30-2017, 12:33 PM
My Blue & white finally passed her fur so in the New Year I'll try some more dominant furs as well to try and pop a top end on it so we have a test range Smile

(12-30-2017 07:55 AM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote:  So nobody is trying the topside to see where SS Blue&White really is in the dominance chart?

I take it nobody wants to risk losing the new fur by breediing with a too dominant fur yet? Or, breeders know the dominant furs won't sell even if the hider is a new fur?

I would rather sell my 6T hiding 9T, 100% Love SS Blue&White girl, than use it as test cat, but if nobody else will do it, I can try. Going to check what's for sale first.

Shamu

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
12-30-2017, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2017 12:42 PM by Reven Rosca.)
(12-30-2017 07:55 AM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote:  So nobody is trying the topside to see where SS Blue&White really is in the dominance chart?

Shamu

Go for it! The worst that can happen is that you will be the only breeder of pure SSB&W furs.
I'd start with a Black Russian or another mid recessive fur. That'll cut the test range in half.

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)