Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Bengal - Blue - Pedigree Information
08-16-2017, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2017 08:53 AM by Brunabug Nightfire.)
Bengal - Blue - Pedigree Information
Has any one started a thread about the newly discovered fur called Bengal - Blue? There was a notice that Callie put out in the group about it on August 3rd.

"Congrats to ĐĩмрŽ (Dimpz Morane) who found this new fur!!

it's a Bengal Blue... and... we can't wait to see what you all do with it!!

Yay Dimpz!!! So excited for you!!

Your KittyCatS! Team"

~ BreeAnn (Brunabug Nightfire)
Direct link to SAGA Dominance Charts folder
Direct link to SAGA FAQ
Feel free to pass Proofs to me - I will be sure to get them added to the To Do List for SAGA.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2017, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2017 04:44 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
RE: Bengal - Blue ?
Was about to start one but I'll add the pedigrees here instead of starting another if you rename the thread without the ?

(08-16-2017 02:55 PM)Brunabug Nightfire Wrote:  Has any one started a thread about the newly discovered fur called Bengal - Blue? There was a notice that Callie put out in the group about it on August 3rd.

Your KittyCatS! Team"

Ok lets start with Blue

This is the original cat from Dimpz.
Blue's Mum was a starter and his Dad was a Siamese - Blue who probably hides Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded

[Image: aaa5af8f65e1a8a137256d3602f07d3a.png]

Next we have Blues first offspring.
I bred Blue with a Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded and got back a Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded so Blue hides his Dads hidden fur which looks like its Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded or something more recessive.

[Image: 5b26c0d4b9e663b7f5e243ec4fc757a9.png]

Obviously my goal is Bengal - Blue not the hidden fur so once I have a breeding pair from him I'll pop him with a more recessive fur to confirm the hidden is actually Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded, unless thats all I keep getting in which case I'll do it sooner just in case Smile
I did pop Blue into a profiler to get a look at his grandads parents and they were both Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded as well so its looking highly likely thats Blues hidden fur.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Brunabug Nightfire
08-17-2017, 08:54 AM
RE: Bengal - Blue - Pedigree Information
Thanks so much Arwen! Smile I updated the name of the post so anyone can post their findings. Smile

~ BreeAnn (Brunabug Nightfire)
Direct link to SAGA Dominance Charts folder
Direct link to SAGA FAQ
Feel free to pass Proofs to me - I will be sure to get them added to the To Do List for SAGA.
09-10-2017, 09:03 AM
[quote='Brunabug Nightfire' pid='120954' dateline='1502916957']
Has any one started a thread about the newly discovered fur called Bengal - Blue? There was a notice that Callie put out in the group about it on August 3rd.

Your KittyCatS! Team"

I just had one and here is the pedigree. My uber cat also pulled burmilla red, so I believe this shows bengal blue to be recessive to burmilla red.
https://gyazo.com/6479b6e3b7418f3b2e60d12584077539
https://gyazo.com/081bfd54e07bec12042e21b5c5025d85
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain
09-10-2017, 06:51 PM
(09-10-2017 09:03 AM)Flair Daxeline Wrote:  [quote='Brunabug Nightfire' pid='120954' dateline='1502916957']

Your KittyCatS! Team"

I just had one and here is the pedigree. My uber cat also pulled burmilla red, so I believe this shows bengal blue to be recessive to burmilla red.
https://gyazo.com/6479b6e3b7418f3b2e60d12584077539
https://gyazo.com/081bfd54e07bec12042e21b5c5025d85

Am on my tablet or I would post your gyazos inline. But yes you are quite right. You pulled Bengal blue with Toyger Caramel. Breeding the starter with Burmilla Red gave Burmilla Red meaning the Bengal Blue hides. Congrats. We just need to see conclusive proof of dominance to Burmilla Chocolate and it's placed.

Forum Based Charts

09-11-2017, 04:31 AM
Quickly posting these inline for easier viewing

Nolyn passes Bengal Blue when paired with a Toyger Caramel

[Image: 6479b6e3b7418f3b2e60d12584077539.png]

Nolyn is paired with a Burmilla Red Silver Shaded and the Baby is Burmilla Red Silver Shaded meaning the Bengal Blue Nolyn hides must be hiding so Bengal Blue is recessive to Burmilla Red Silver Shaded.

[Image: 081bfd54e07bec12042e21b5c5025d85.png]

Congrats Flair on the Bengal Blue and the awesome proof Smile

Forum Based Charts

09-11-2017, 05:20 AM
Congrats Flair on your proof the Forum Based Charts have been updated.
Unfortunately no proof has yet been posted here showing conclusively that Bengal - Blue is dominant to Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded so while we believe this to be the case we can't update the charts just yet Smile
We have seen the charts the Saga team has used and do agree but when we started these charts we agreed only proofs posted here would be used to update the charts.

Forum Based Charts can be found here
09-16-2017, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2017 05:37 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Depends on Kaylan's line. If it's a straightline predating the toyger caramel and the aussie charcoal, then it would be proof. Easier though to pop the hid.

Congrats on everybody narrowing it so quickly.

And a belated congrats to Dimpz on discovering the beautiful new fur

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
09-17-2017, 03:49 AM
The proof I looked at had the youngest dating back to christmas, Toyger Caramel was discovered a couple weeks before christmas so its highly likely the Burmilla Choc line predates the Caramel, however the Caramel was around since Halloween so without seeing the line that far back its impossible to be sure, esp since my Bengal Blue has given me Burmilla Choc with a Burmilla Choc mate all 5 times he has bred.
Now as I know only too well from my pixie point (who passed Scotty Fold her first 8 boxes) its entirely possible he is throwing his hidden each time, so to be totally sure he has a Caramel mate next week and I have popped a pair of his offspring just in case.
I personally don't think he hides Caramel but at least if he passes the Choc again we have a placement proof, and if he doesn't it better be a girl, lol.

(09-16-2017 05:31 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  Depends on Kaylan's line. If it's a straightline predating the toyger caramel and the aussie charcoal, then it would be proof. Easier though to pop the hid.

Congrats on everybody narrowing it so quickly.

And a belated congrats to Dimpz on discovering the beautiful new fur

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
09-20-2017, 01:18 PM
So today I have conclusive proof of 2 things,
1. My Bengal - Blue hates me.
2. He hides Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded.

Blue has bred with Megan a Toyger - Caramel and produced a Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded.
Toyger - Caramel is recessive to Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded there it is Blue Hidden and Bengal - Blue is officially placed between Burmilla - Red Silver Shaded and Burmilla - Chocolate - Silver Shaded

[Image: 6b9524fca95f7a39b9526909979c744a.png]

This means that going into the Fall collection this year ALL furs are placed Smile

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident , Brunabug Nightfire

User(s) browsing this thread: