Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

hold on new traits - what do y'all think?
11-19-2014, 07:59 PM
RE: hold on new traits - what do y'all think?
(11-18-2014 09:17 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  I suspect it may be difficult to come up with new shades that work with a lot of furs without looking strange or bad - like subtle tints. There's a limited use or desire for a kind of green-tint cat, for instance. A very pale yellow might add some warmth on some furs, but on others just look bad, like yellow teeth. Perhaps other are more creative than I am though at thinking of what a good new shade would be.
Good point! Kitties with green teeth, eww!
The Blush shade came out before SL introduced the Materials features in the Texture-editing pane ...
Maybe Materials aren't widely seen because people's viewer-settings vary so much.

But there are some really nifty things you can do now, that couldn't be done before, using the "Shiny" and "Bumpy" features -- you can actually put something like a floral texture on the Shiny and have only this floral pattern be extra-shiny. (Oh, or you could have floral bumpiness, ewww again.)

I thought maybe KC could make a new shade that somehow used Materials on the texture ...

But you're right, ... and KC won't release something that risks looking strange or bad ... and the Materials deal is still pretty iffy, as to how things look on various viewer settings.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident , Ivy Norsk , Icestron Resident

Messages In This Thread
RE: hold on new traits - what do y'all think? - Vrem Vaniva - 11-19-2014 07:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)