Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Looking for Land Rentals that Allow Breedables
09-26-2019, 07:26 PM
RE: Looking for Land Rentals that Allow Breedables
I rent a parcel on a private sim, residential rating, that has reasonable rules for breedables and pets. Normally we have about 10 pet kittycats running around all the time, and have never noticed any excess lag from them.

Physics Time is what can lag, so best to restrict the moving cats to ranges that do not collide with walls etc. Also set trees, shrubs, and furniture to phantom when possible.

My breedables usually have movement turned off, but I keep them 3D unless I am running short of prims. It all depends on how many 3D cats you want to move. 100 breedables with movement turned off contribute little to lag, about the same as 2 mesh avatars on the sim.

I also keep breedables out of sight on a platform 3500 meters up, since those same script heavy mesh avatars that complain about lag are usually creating it themselves. But if they see breedables or pets next door, of course they will assume that is the problem.

Generally if your cats do not increase lag more than your avatar you are fine with a reasonable land company. Many landlords are totally unreasonable however, and just avoid renting from them.

This is in my Covenant about animals:

8. Breeding animals are allowed if movements and sounds are turned off and lag stays under control.
9. Pets (NON - Breeding ) are allowed if they don't collide with objects and movement is turned off when no one is in the parcel.

I have been here 4 years and have never had a complaint. When there is a lag issue, it is always some newbie moving in with animesh pests running all over and getting stuck in walls. Or someone that rezzed enough scripted objects to be labeled a griefer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Saxoni Fenstalker , Jelly Supply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Land Rentals that Allow Breedables - Shamu077 Resident - 09-26-2019 07:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)