Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

All about Confetti kittens: 8 total colors found! update
09-19-2015, 02:12 PM
RE: All about Confetti kittens: 8 total colors found! update
As I've said elsewhere, and has been alluded to just above, my suggestion is to treat Confetti cats as a completely separate breedable product.

In general, they work just like KittyCatS normal cats. And, yes, they can cross-bred with normal cats. BUT, if the goal is Confetti furs, the ONLY choice is to work with Confetti cats (you can NOT crossbred and still get Confetti).

And, since they're a re-boot back to starters, very few people will want to work with the non-Confetti offspring .. unless one is VERY lucky, the offspring will be a low-trait-count cat with fair-to-midlin' trait values.

Remember, as you breed down generation of Confetti cats, you're UNINTENTIONALLY ELIMINATING normal furs. All those non-Confetti offspring do give you a clue as to the normal furs in their parents. And one could use them to determine all four values in both parents. But, over time, the observant breeder will notice that their non-Confetti offspring are showing less and less variation in their non-Confetti furs until, eventually (and not really that far down the line) all non-Confetti offspring will show (and hide) the same normal fur.

So, I would suggest immediately sending any non-Confetti offspring off the the Menagerie and using the store credits to obtain new Confetti starters (or supplies).

Yes, at present, as normal starters, Confetti starts CAN introduce new trait values and, except for their Confetti furs, those trait values should be pass-able to normal cats. [The appearance of this trait would be the ONLY case where I would keep a non-Confetti offspring.]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Crepe Myrtle , Devilness Chant , Aubreygrace Starlight
09-20-2015, 08:00 AM
I had to show this pic, i bought my friends plumberry and i am going to mate it with my blueberry. I thought this was cute hehe
https://gyazo.com/61ffdacc021ac4a620e5356cba7dbe1a

I really only wnted these 2 colors for pets but i might as well breed them since they are opposite genders.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Malayaa Resident , Devilness Chant , Kayla Woodrunner
09-21-2015, 11:21 PM
(09-18-2015 08:36 PM)Sara Franco Wrote:  
(09-18-2015 06:27 PM)Faelyn Indigo Wrote:  1 confetti cocoberry.....megapuss ( yay!) made my day Smile

Congrats for the confetti megapuss! that sounds awesome!

Thanks! She's an awesome kitty Smile She has gold eyes. It will be interesting to see what else she hides.
 Thanks given by: Sara Franco
09-25-2015, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2015 08:27 AM by Sara Franco.)
My confetti couple's first born Undecided.
I wonder how long it may take to get a confetti kitten, and how longer to get a non-Coco berry one Confused.

And now I'm confused again. Is the dominant hidden normal trait for a confetti always a genesis one? and in this case both parents passed the recessive hidden fur and one of them showed which is the Pandie one? Or both hidden normal furs can be non-genesis? Same for the wavy whiskers.

[Image: 90bc842413c156fa321765f343212d08.png]

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh
09-26-2015, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2015 07:07 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
Your cats carry:

'Confetti - CocoBerry' as their shown, dominant Confetti fur
Unknown Confetti (not CocoBerry) as their recessive Confetti fur

Unknown Genesis as their dominant non-Confetti fur
'Pandie - Ebony & Ivory (or better)' as their recessive non-Confetti fur. One has Ebony&Ivory, specifically, and the other has that or something even more recessive.

At present, I'm estimating the odds of a Confetti offspring at 10%.

With both parents showing CocoBerry, the odds of seeing something else are 1-in-4.

So I'd estimate the odds of your seeing ANY confetti at 1-in-10 and seeing a Confetti other than CocoBerry at 1-in-40.

Note that, with the two fur values shown, you can only ever see three other furs, from this pair: The non-CocoBerry Confetti and the two Genesis furs. It is possible you'll only ever see two, if the pair have the same Genesis fur (which, while unlikely, DOES happen).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Sara Franco
09-26-2015, 08:54 AM
(09-26-2015 07:04 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Your cats carry:

'Confetti - CocoBerry' as their shown, dominant Confetti fur
Unknown Confetti (not CocoBerry) as their recessive Confetti fur

Unknown Genesis as their dominant non-Confetti fur
'Pandie - Ebony & Ivory (or better)' as their recessive non-Confetti fur. One has Ebony&Ivory, specifically, and the other has that or something even more recessive.

At present, I'm estimating the odds of a Confetti offspring at 10%.

With both parents showing CocoBerry, the odds of seeing something else are 1-in-4.

So I'd estimate the odds of your seeing ANY confetti at 1-in-10 and seeing a Confetti other than CocoBerry at 1-in-40.

Note that, with the two fur values shown, you can only ever see three other furs, from this pair: The non-CocoBerry Confetti and the two Genesis furs. It is possible you'll only ever see two, if the pair have the same Genesis fur (which, while unlikely, DOES happen).

Thanks for the explanation Smile. I hope the odds are not 10% Confused, we only get 16 breeding chances, and probably 20 if we use vitamins all the time and I'm not doing this. If they made the odds so small, people will turn away soon from the confetti cats as no one wants to keep trying and failing for too long. And that's only to get the more dominant hidden confetti fur from the pair. There will be much frustration.

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales
 Thanks given by: Barry Ballyhoo , Eleanor8 Resident , Oselkhandro Resident
10-09-2015, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2015 02:11 PM by Sara Franco.)
I got a Confetti - BlueBerry!

I wasn't expecting it at all as it is only my couple's third breeding plus I have been having a sh*tty month and I didn't expect the nice surprise Big Grin. It put a smile on my face Smile.

I will have to menagerie some more boxes to have an even number of confetties again Dodgy.

Heart
[Image: ca825891324a98f1e2734f493ce8f653.png]

The 3 kittens I got from my couple:

[Image: 216c5dbd6ce4f4e3fa27cc2328914aad.png]

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales
10-09-2015, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2015 02:38 PM by Sara Franco.)
I looked back at the older posts in the thread looking for hints regarding the dominance order of the Confetti furs.

From what I gathered, these furs were found by mating two starter Coco-Berries together:
Apple (which seems to be the most common), Blueberry, Lemon, Plum, and Orange.

So I'd say most likely none of these is the most recessive Confetti fur. I know there is the chance that the starter couple both were hiding the same most recessive fur, but what are the odds?

I haven't found anyone in the thread who confirmed they got Cherry, Teal, or Grape directly from starters yet. My bet is that the Cherry is the most recessive one Wink because I want it the most Big Grin.

Anyway I think it will take a long time to have a definite dominance order as the Confetti offspring are hard to get anyway.

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales
10-14-2015, 09:17 AM
I finally got a plumberry from my breeding pair plumberry and blueberry
https://gyazo.com/c6ddd0a352dd61a44f06646231791187

Gave the plum to my duaghter, that's the fur she wanted hehe ty kc

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
10-16-2015, 05:33 AM
Yay for this amazing guide, great work on it Fabio!
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)