KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: All about Confetti kittens: 8 total colors found! update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

This topic is designed to gather all the information about the new kittens confetti.

1) Page Information Manual

2) Extra information via notecard

3) pedigres Examples Confetti Kittens

4) Analyze complete on the new Confetti kittens in a technical view with graphics and Mendelian

5) New fur Confettis

6) Dominance chart for fur confetti

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ 1 - PAGE INFORMATION MANUAL ]

Link to more information about Confetti kittens: http://kittycats.biz/help/article.php?id=63

Confetti KittyCatS

* Starter Confetti KittyCatS can only be bought via the Menagerie with menagerie K$ (not K$ bought with a giftcard or at the cattery dock) . They are non transfer as our normal starter KittyCatS.
* A Confetti KittyCatS has 4 fur traits, 2 normal traits and 2 special color traits. Confetti KittyCatS have a visible and a hidden Confetti fur trait which can pass when you breed them.
* If you breed 2 Confetti KittyCatS together you have the CHANCE to get another Confetti KittyCatS.
* If your offspring kitten is not a Confetti KittyCatS it will have the normal 2 fur traits and breeding with it will never give you another Confetti KittyCats.

Breeding 2 Confetti KittyCats resulting in a Confetti KittyCatS Offspring:

[Image: confetti%20offspring1.jpg]

Breeding 2 Confetti KittyCats resulting in a Non-Confetti KittyCatS Offspring:

[Image: confetti%20offspring2.jpg]

[ 2 - EXTRA INFORMATION VIA NOTECARD ]

KittyCatS! Menagerie Collectible – Confetti Fast Facts!

* are the collectible Menagerie Confetti KittyCatS transferable? – no, as it is a starter cat, their offspring will be transferable.
* can I get more than one? – yes!
* can i sell or trade them? – Confetti cats that you purchase from the KittyCatS store are not transferable, however Confetti cats offspring are transferable
* how do I get them? – Our Menagerie Collectible Confetti can be purchased with your “Kitty Dollars” earned by sending cats and boxes to the Menagerie. This is shown on your account as your “Kitty Dollar Balance”
* do they pass on their coats/eyes/tails/ears? – they have the ability to pass their furs though it is not a guarantee. *see manual and notes below for new breeding instructions.
* do they contain special traits? no, they contain traits found in all starters. (apart from possibly carrying their shown tail trait.)

Fast facts on breeding the new Confetti Cats:

* A Confetti KittyCatS has 4 fur traits, 2 normal traits and 2 special color traits.
* Confetti KittyCatS have a visible and a hidden Confetti trait which can pass when you breed them.
* If you breed 2 Confetti KittyCatS together you have the CHANCE to get another Confetti KittyCatS, this is the ONLY way to get more Confetti Cats.
* If your offspring kitten is not a Confetti KittyCatS it will have the normal 2 fur traits and breeding with it will never give you another Confetti KittyCats.
* If you breed a Confetti cat with a normal cat there will be NO possibility of getting a Confetti cat.

[ 3 - PEDIGRES EXAMPLES CONFETTI KITTENS ]

[Image: 9952586b60342590d308f1891f3d660f.png]

[Image: ce5cd46e17dfd92361a1b384b18e8067.png]

[ 4 - ANALYZE COMPLETE ON THE NEW CONFETTI KITTENS IN A TECHNICAL VIEW WITH GRAPHICS AND MENDELIAN ]

This analysis was made based 'programming logic', taking into consideration only as the 'system' was built, that is, only an interpretation of technical tips.

1) basic points: Confetti Cats X Normal Cats

a) The structure of both are the same: fur, eyes, shape, pupil, shade, tail, ears, whiskers and whiskes shape

Fur: Confetti - cocoberry
Eyes: Genesis Earth (Shape: Curious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Guitar)

b) Both have an id, pedigree, and produce new boxes. One more evidence that it is the same system.

c) To find out what is hidden in all traits (Fur, eyes, tail, ears, whiskers), the procedure is the same as "normal cats'. You can use the 'normal cats' to make this work, but you only get 'normal cats'.

d) There is no way to discover the 'traits fur confetti' using kittens 'fur traits normal' or 'fur recessive'.

e) Just like a 'kitten started', just a difference in the fur of 'confetti cats', which overrides the "normal fur,' and does' kitten confetti 'have 4 furs.

f) We can not say it's a 'tenth trait' because the 'fur confetti', is in the same place of "normal fur '. At the same time, this is a 'trait tenth', with a different treatment. 9 visible traits, but 10 trait to the system, since the 'kitty confetti', keeps the 'common traits' hidden therein.

g) if you observe the kitten photo on pedigree, the 'Earth Genesis' eyes are visible on the 'fur confetti'. The same goes for all other 'traits Genesis' as ears, tail, whiskers. Like the 'kittens started'.
Thus, we can imagine the 'fur confetti' with 'ears Soft Fold' and 'Tail Posh' and 'Eyes Grape Ice', for example. All possible combinations.
But you can only use the 'confetti kittens', to achieve these combinations.

h) You can not use the 'normal kittens' to make this improvement work, because every time you use a 'normal' cat ', you will get a' normal 'cat'.

i) It's almost like, start all color combinations and traits, from scratch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2) * A Confetti KittyCatS has 4 fur traits, 2 normal traits and 2 special color traits
3) * Confetti KittyCatS have a visible and a hidden Confetti trait which can pass when you breed them

An interesting point to note in these two sentences is the existence of 'two groups trait'.

a) Normal traits: coming from the same list of traits that all 'kittens started' pull;
b) Special color traits: called 'Confetti', which comes from another new color list, and a possible new order of dominance and exclusive.
c) The existence of a 'trait confetti visible' and a 'hidden trait confetti' which is the same logic of 'common cats'.

Note: This information, or separation into two blocks fur trait is the basis for the understanding of the whole system below.

See graph:

[Image: ca032f5dab1b0bb481b8549195201666.png]

Note: Technically, all furs (normal and confetti), can be stored in a single list of furs. All it takes is organizing 'furs confetti', as dominant for 'fur normal genesis'. And adjust the system for choosing only 'fur confetti', to the 'fur confetti' field, and 'normal fur' to the field 'normal fur'.

See example:

[Graphic excel one fur list]

Note: Technically, all record of the cats are stored in a single table. When new information has two kittens, this means that the same data table has won two new columns for storing data. A column for "special fur visible ', and one for the' special hidden fur '. For 'normal cats', these two new columns are given only one value 'NULL'.

See example:

[Graphic excel a list of cats showing the column with NULL]

4) * If you breed a cat Confetti with normal cat there will be NO Possibility of getting a cat Confetti.

This is a good starting point for the part of breeder.

Here we can understand many things:
a) you can pair the 'common cats' with the 'Confetti cats'.
b) So if you can breeder between them, it is concluded that: 'confetti kittens' follow the same' dominance system traits' that 'normal kittens', and there is no other' parallel system ',' individual ', or' other melidiana ', for' cats confetti '. Surely only a few adjustments to the current system was done.
c) It seems that when you use a 'common cat', with a 'confetti kitten', the 'cat confetti' has the tendency to use the 'hidden traits' field' hidden trait Normal 1 'and' Hidden Normal Trait 2 '.

See the graph below melidian:

[Image: e362528edfb99aee1c20a0a139706bde.png]

5) * If your offspring kitten is not a Confetti KittyCatS it will have the normal 2 fur traits and breeding with it will never give you another Confetti KittyCats

More valuable information for understanding how everything works.

a) Two 'confetti kittens', may generate a 'common kitten'.
b) If you can a "common cat ', lose the power of a' cat confetti '. There will be 'confetti features' Hidden in this kitten, and becomes just a' normal 'cat'.
c) There will be a cat with four traits fur. Only 2 traits fur.
d) This happens randomly. Just need to know if it is a 'simple Random system' (50% / 50% chance), or whether it is a 'tuned Random system' to another result (eg 90% / 10%) equal to the system that is used for size of kittens. We discover this by observing the offspring kittens.

Note: In this way we can understand that, 'traits confetti', never mingle with the 'normal traits'.

See the graph:

[Image: ba056665fa1eb3fabfa1a7a630a8d297.png]

6) * If you breed 2 Confetti KittyCatS together you have the CHANCE to get another Confetti KittyCatS, this is the ONLY way to get more Confetti Cats

a) This happens randomly. Just need to know if it is a 'simple Random system' (50% / 50% chance), or whether it is a 'tuned Random system' to another result (eg 90% / 10%) equal to the system that is used for size of kittens. We discover this by observing the offspring kittens.
b) The new confetti cat, will have the same characteristics of the parents.
c) 4 furs system follows the offspring.
d) If the 'random' system for the '50% chance ', this means that the' confetti kittens' are 2 times more difficult to achieve the results.

See the graph:

[Image: 580397b411540dc66c728349da0721d0.png]

[Image: 4799c82291da98f83075c20348c50000.png]

[ 5 - NEW FUR CONFETTIS ]

07/30/2015
congrats to Sapphire Jewel (SapphireJolla) who found the first confetti fur!!! Confetti Blueberry!!

[ Confetti Blueberry ]

[Image: 9f47a1e751ebe499e09316f5f59146e4.png]

07/30/2015
Eleanor Alias found the Confetti Appleberry!!

[ Confetti Appleberry ]

[Image: fd8ad9f5c530c52372209015d03b9048.png]

07/31/2015
Noia Yoshikawa found the Confetti Cherryberry!!

[ Confetti Cherryberry ]

[Image: fcf99cdba40938a494efe8c8f192e536.png]

08/08/2015
Ace243 Datura found the Confetti - OrangeBerry!!!

[ Confetti OrangeBerry]

[Image: a2f810aff6af366bc4b747faad7002d2.png]

08/12/2015
congrats to ????? (JuniperJazz) who discovered the TealBerry Fur!!!

[ Confetti TealBerry ]

[Image: a594476236903cada68fe713740edbc2.png]

08/16/2015
RoseTralee found the Confetti PlumBerry!!

[ Confetti PlumBerry ]

[Image: 78c5e22476c1b506ae099e7113f1610b.png]

08/16/2015
Aster Orchicz found the Confetty GrapeBerry!!

[ Confetti GrapeBerry ]

[Image: 0557c59b81aece5850d1f71a5490c74a.png]

08/16/2015
Ivy Lane found the Confetti LemonBerry!!!

[ Confetti LemonBerry ]

[Image: d1db84373b2cda7ba45834a3eb7ed96b.png]

[ 6 - DOMINANCE CHART FOR FUR CONFETTI ]

[ grafics ]

[/color]
I was wondering the same Fabeo! :-)
What I also wondered was if we manage to create two confetti OS kittens a male and a female and we breed those together if we still can get an OS with a normal fur or will this only be so if we breed those OS kittens with a 'normal' cat.
This part was a little confussing to me.
That's why I have not bought mine yet and wait to see what information concerning these cats wil be collected by others.
The example shows to me that the Confetti OS has still 3 hiddens.
It seems the Mandelian system is not present in these cats.
Hi Fabio,

Confetti - Cocoberry is not part of a costume, its a confetti fur.
If a cat is "wearing" a costume, it is always listed above the fur in the pedigree.

2 Confetti cats which you breed together have a chance to give Confetti offspring.
This is the case for any cats that have a visual "confetti fur", it is not limited to confetti starter cats.

Regards
KittyCatS
As I read it, the initial working theory should be:

1) If either parent is NOT a Confetti (starter or offspring) the offspring will NEVER be a Confetti.
2) If both parents are Confetti, there is a CHANCE the offspring will be as well.

These are stated rules, quoted above.

From this I conclude:
a) having a Confetti 'breed' (fur name starts with 'Confetti - ') is NECESSARY for a Confetti offspring.
b) having a Confetti 'breed' is NOT SUFFICIENT. There is a random factor involved.

This leads to the first question: What are the odds of a Confetti offspring appearing?

Given a Confetti offspring, we're given, from the rules shown, above, that there is both a dominant (shown) trait value, and recessive (hidden) trait value.

This leads to the next question: Do these traits exhibit the simple, strict dominance pattern we see with normal furs. A good working hypothesis here is to presume they do, until proven otherwise.

Which leads to the next question: What are the possible trait values? At this early stage, until offspring appear, the best we can do is list those values observed in Confetti Starters.

Then, when Confetti offspring begin to appear, we need to ask: Are there trait values which did NOT appear on Confetti starters.

And: What is the dominance relationship between the various Confetti furs.

When examining Confetti Starters and Offspring, it may be best to treat them as a completely different breedable product. As such, we're back to Square-One when it comes to knowledge.

Given the extreme care which must be taken when breeding, the extraordinary cost of the Starters, and the unknown random factor, I expect it will take quite a bit longer then we'd expect with a normal new fur trait to determine the dominance relationship.

For the chart maintainers, I recommend a NEW dominance chart, specifically for Confetti offspring from Confetti parents. From the rules stated above, and non-Confetti offspring.

A sub-set of the testing should be to treat the 'normal' (non-Confetti) offspring as special. There are questions here, such as:

- do the Confetti furs (shown and/or hidden) have any relationship to the normal furs produced. For example, does the appearance of a given Confetti fur tell us anything about the dominant (shown on the offspring) or recessive (hidden on the offspring).

- are the non-Confetti furs fixed from the offspring's heritage, or are they generated at the moment the offspring appears. The rules appear to imply this is the case, but it needs to be tested.

Presuming that genetic heritage controls the non-Confetti fur which results when failing the random check, and that there will certainly be a number of you looking to produce 'pure' (provable by the mere fact Confetti appears) multi-generation lines of Confetti, you should be aware of a HUGE down-side to your breeding programs ...

'Genetic Drift' for non-Confetti furs can be expected to kick in, *!*!*HARD*!*!*, with multi-generation Confetti breeding. This means, should a non-Confetti offspring appear, both the normal fur you see, and the hidden you don't, will tend to become 'locked in' as you move down the generations. This will occur no matter how many Confetti Starters you begin with. It will occur more quickly with smaller collections, but it will occur for ALL lines. The effect can be temporarily lessened by crossing one Confetti line with another (effectively adding more Starters to the mix).

While the specific normal fur trait value which 'locks in' due to 'Genetic Drift' when line-breeding 'pure' Confetti is random, more dominant values will tend to lock in more often than recessive values.

Let's presume that all Confetti Starters have a hidden Dominant Normal Starter Fur (that is, a Genesis fur) and a hidden Recessive Normal
Fur (that is, non-Genesis fur).

And let's presume the Confetti Start Set is only one Male and one Female.

Their Confetti offspring will hide the parent's Normal Starter. This means there is a 75% chance this offspring, too will have a hidden Normal Dominant Genesis Fur (which may appear on it's non-Confetti offspring). And there is a 50% change this offspring will also have a hidden Normal Recessive Genesis Fur.

Crossing a boy from those parents with a girl from those same parents will, occasionally (often?) produce a non-Confetti offspring, which is discarded (sold).

The offspring from the boy Confetti OS and the girl Confetti OS will have a 93.75% chance of having a hidden Normal Dominant Genesis fur; and a 75% chance (I think, need to do more math to check, but the idea is sound) of also hiding a Normal Recessive Genesis fur.

Take that a couple more generations and it's virtually certain your Confetti OS will hide a specific 'Pure Genesis' fur. And their non-Confetti offspring will SHOW, with virtual certainty, that PURE Genesis Fur.

This should be expected to lead to two effects:

1) Purchasers will insist upon knowing that the 'normal' cat they're getting is NOT from a Confetti line.
2) Selling prices for non-Confetti offspring from your Confetti line should be expected to crash *!*!*HARD*!*!* .. probably to the point where you're better served using the Menagerie for all non-Confetti offspring.

How badly this will occur, of course, depends upon whether the genetic heritage matters, and the initial (Starter) state.

- The effect will disappear if the non-Confetti OS receive RANDOMLY CHOSEN Normal (non-Confetti) furs.

- The effect will lessen if the Confetti Starters hidden Dominant Normal Fur is NOT required to be a Genesis fur. This, however, is a statement applied to the 'world' of Confetti lines.

Within a given line, no matter how the Normal Starter furs are selected for Confetti Starters, the effect will remain the same. All which changes is the specific Normal Fur which the line carries and locks in.
No matter what they do, or how they work, I think they are going to be fun to breed and put some of the mystery back into breeding.
My luck, I will probably end up with a bunch of siam seals, since that's how my starters seem to roll. >.< rofl
Either way I'm just going to enjoy them and hope for the best.
when I saw the page from KittyCats about the 4 furs and the chances, and the new rules, my first thought was "I hope Tad puts up a scientific analysis of this" Smile Thank you Tad!!

I am looking at my two Cocoberrys Confettis (cleverly named Con and Fetti) and they both have the same shown fur Cocoberry and all genesis traits. I wonder if the shown colored fur Cocoberry will wind up being "a new genesis fur" (like a starter fur) and the 3 hidden furs will be recessive. I can't wait for everyone to start having kittens and unravelling this mystery!
Since it appears that all the cats brought with K$ have the CocoBerry fur we can safely assume that this will be the most dominant of the new confetti furs and the rest will be recessive as they are yet to be discovered from these starter furs. The CocoBerry is effectively the Confetti starter or "genesis" fur.
I am looking forward to working with these cats and discovering all their secrets.
Thank you KittyCats for giving us something new and fun to play with.

A "full analysis on the new Confetti kittens in a technical overview 'in the post number 1 has been inserted.

I hope you enjoy it!

hug

(07-17-2015 10:00 AM)fabioazevedo Oh Wrote: [ -> ]g) if you observe the kitten photo on pedigree, the 'Earth Genesis' eyes are visible on the 'fur confetti'. The same goes for all other 'traits Genesis' as ears, tail, whiskers. Like the 'kittens started'.
Thus, we can imagine the 'fur confetti' with 'ears Soft Fold' and 'Tail Posh' and 'Eyes Jade', for example. All possible combinations.

A detail, but Jade eye can only come from a Tiger, so Confetti cats cannot hide it.
(07-22-2015 05:16 PM)HikariItsumo Resident Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2015 10:00 AM)fabioazevedo Oh Wrote: [ -> ]g) if you observe the kitten photo on pedigree, the 'Earth Genesis' eyes are visible on the 'fur confetti'. The same goes for all other 'traits Genesis' as ears, tail, whiskers. Like the 'kittens started'.
Thus, we can imagine the 'fur confetti' with 'ears Soft Fold' and 'Tail Posh' and 'Eyes Jade', for example. All possible combinations.

A detail, but Jade eye can only come from a Tiger, so Confetti cats cannot hide it.

you are right. Jade color was incorrect in my analize.

tyvm

corrected to another color.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reference URL's