Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

All about Confetti kittens: 8 total colors found! update
09-17-2015, 03:15 AM
RE: All about Confetti kittens: 8 total colors found! update
CocoBerry is the genesis Confetti fur, so no, it cannot be the hidden Confetti fur of a starter Confetti.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Sara Franco , Kayleigh McMillan
09-17-2015, 07:10 AM
So now I have one lonely plum, several cocoberries (starters and offspring), and too many genesis offspring to count (most of the gens I left boxed).
For those that have a solid color berry pair that you breed together, what happens then? Are the results slightly better, because you have bred all the cocoberry genesis and regular genesis out of the parents?

I am thinking maybe it is time to start teaming up with other breeders and match solid colors together for a "Confetti Date Night" breed if that results in better babies. It might also be the only way to get missing traits into a cocoberry line.

"Plumberry Boy, sporting a chop chop tail hiding chic+, with mysterious ears, seeks solid color berry Girl with attractive, mysterious eyes. Girls with eyes that match my fur are especially desirable. I am devotedly yours for at least one week, maybe two if we don't get good kittens right away, then must spread the Plum Love around". hahahaha

Mal's MegaCatz Too Adorable
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Malayaa_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Aubreygrace Starlight , Kayleigh McMillan
09-17-2015, 09:22 AM
Rainbow RE: All about Confetti kittens: 8 total colors found! update
I was reading Malayaa's post on Confetti Date Night when suddenly the penny dropped (as it were) and I stepped out of the forest of trees (metaphorically speaking) created by the increasing pile of (mainly Genesis) boxes from my Confetti cats and saw the wood.

I think I've just realised this is worse than I thought. I was merely seeing the pretty dismal results week after week from my cats and had failed to see one crucial thing.

One pair of my Appleberry cats are hiding a Genesis fur. (Apologies if this is old news and I'm one of the last to realise this).

I've now got two pairs of Appleberry cats - one have only had their first kitten together (a blue tabby) but the other pair have had three kittens together. All of them Genesis. This is one of the kittens.

[img][Image: wmm55k.jpg][/img]

and here are the others

[img][Image: zkqwqo.jpg][/img]

Phil, his 5 kittens, regardless of mother, have been Domino Vs. Just checked Freya's (his usual mate) pedigree - and she has made 4 Domino Vs and 1 Diamond V

But unless I'm seeing things this just makes things even harder. I will swap the pairs around this week, and pay more attention. But I'm feeling pretty grim about the whole Confetti exercise.

Week 6 results had been (from 10 pairs) 2 Cocoberry, 1 Orangeberry, 1 'real' fur and 6 Genesis. Week 7 was 2 Cocoberry, 4 'real' furs and 5 Genesis.

Heart Eleanor
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
09-17-2015, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015 02:03 PM by Aubreygrace Starlight.)
Well i believe the colorberrys still can hide a gen, a normal fur and a color fur as well, they hide all 3 just like parents do.
(09-17-2015 03:15 AM)HikariItsumo Resident Wrote:  CocoBerry is the genesis Confetti fur, so no, it cannot be the hidden Confetti fur of a starter Confetti.

This is prob the case BUT in wendis blog post about the breeding of the cats, she asked kitten longmeadow a bunch of stuff to clear it up cause there was so much confusion when the confetti's were released. one the questions was can a cocoberry hide cocoberry fur and they would not comment on it. so i want to say it;s probably possible.
http://sagakitty.blogspot.com/2015/08/in...ef=Default

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
09-17-2015, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015 02:37 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(09-17-2015 09:22 AM)Eleanor8 Resident Wrote:  ...

[Image: wmm55k.jpg]

O.o omg ...
So sorry to see this!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Eleanor8 Resident
09-17-2015, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015 03:28 PM by Ivy Norsk.)
My take on this was that all Confetti cats (all of them, no matter what generation) carry 4 furs. If this is so, it is not surprising that one would continue to get Gen furs. We will continue to get gen furs throughout the project.... unless???? does the hidden non-gen (but standard) fur become affected by the breeding process? I don't know. I may have misunderstood the manual.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Eleanor8 Resident
09-17-2015, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015 06:33 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
You understand correctly that there are four fur values per confetti.

When producing an offspring for a PAIR of confetti cats:

First, ignore the confetti-ness and produce an offspring in the normal manner, same as any other cat.

THEN, take a random die roll. If you 'win' the roll, the offspring will be confetti as well. You can NOT effect this die roll. It is completely random. At present, I'm putting the odds of 'winning' and getting a confetti offspring at approximately 1-in-10 (more data is needed).

SO THEN, if you 'win' the role, just above, using the confetti furs, in a manner like normal fur, pass one of the mother's confetti values, and one of the father's, and give the offspring a visible confetti of the more dominant of the two.

NOTE WELL THAT BOTH PARENTS MUST BE CONFETTI!!! If either, or both, are normal cats, the offspring will NOT have ANY confetti values; it and ALL offspring from it will NEVER be confetti.

Confetti is BOTH genetic (the values follow the normal rules, same as all other breedable traits) AND random (whether confetti appears at all is random and NOTHING you can do can effect when or if confetti appears).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Devilness Chant , Eleanor8 Resident
09-17-2015, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015 07:48 PM by Oselkhandro Resident.)
Hmmm..this makes it all more clear for me! I had not decided if I wanted to risk getting a CocoBerry menagerie pair, and now I know that the best bet is to go for the Giraffe. I bought Dreampoetz' Blueberry, though, so if I can afford another Confetti OS, I MIGHT give that a try. However, it looks like an OS can (and probably will) hide a non-Confetti Genesis fur, so as a small breeder, this is beginning to look like a fool's bet to me.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Barry Ballyhoo , Eleanor8 Resident
09-18-2015, 08:24 AM
I try to stay positive about things and keep my negatives to myself. But in this case, I can't honestly say anything positive about these. I would feel terrible if someone were in the same position as myself and had to choose between cocos or giraffe and ended up as disappointed as I am.

I was hoping that once you got a color berry it stuck, but it seems to be just an endless supply of starter kitties. Maybe KC will change their breeding patterns or something eventually. For now I really wish I had gotten the giraffe. (kicking self)

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Barry Ballyhoo , Sara Franco , Oselkhandro Resident , Kayleigh McMillan , Eleanor8 Resident
09-18-2015, 08:47 AM
OK I have to toss my theory posted above out the window, where I was hoping that once you get to a solid color confetti fur, you can gradually breed out all the genesis furs (both berry and regular). Eleanor's picture of 2 appleberrys making a genesis domino is very clear. Sad, but clear. Thank you Eleanor!

And thank you Tad for the dice toss example, I've got to stop thinking of these 4 furs like the layers of an onion, with furs stacked from most recessive to least recessive, and embrace the randomness of it all lol.

I think I agree with other posters that these confetti kittens are a more difficult breeding scenario, much smaller chances for results in the same amount of breeding time. MAYBE we will discover that the confetti's breeding span is 4 times as long as regular!! Or some other neat breeding feature to compensate... Who knows Smile

Mal's MegaCatz Too Adorable
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Malayaa_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Eleanor8 Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)