Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

hold on new traits - what do y'all think?
04-05-2015, 02:54 AM
RE: hold on new traits - what do y'all think?
@ Oselkhandro,

I'm with you! I've only been into kittycats since last fall when the firestorm kitty came out. I love kittycats because they are cute and adorable not because they have the current 'best' traits. Pinkies are my favorites and I breed them and put different eyes and such on them because they're pretty or look especially cool with that fur. Bengals are also a fave of mine. Unfortunately those of us who breed "boutique" cats seem to be in the minority. But, minority or not, I'll continue to breed the cats I think are pretty and I hope those who are also into breeding "boutique" cats will continue to do so. Where else can get all the beautiful traits i don't have yet? Oh and by the way, beach blue and shamrock eyes are both pretty!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
04-05-2015, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2015 04:11 AM by MsMagick Resident.)
(03-27-2015 07:52 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  My Xmas kitties birthed on release day are still actively breeding the day the Easter Collections are released, my valentines and birthday cats are also only 45 days old. The addition of 4 Easter collection kitties means I now have 14 starters in my cattery.
Not everyone can have that many starters in one go, not everyone can afford them again so soon.
And before you all yell that I don't have to buy, you are right I don't, but how many of you won't buy at least 1 pair as soon as you can?
We are breeders and we all want a chance at the new traits. Now we will have 7 month wait until Halloween.

*nods* I don't have the room for the Easter kitties, as I am trying to cut back now, not expand. That is why I sold the crossdressing boy that I got, and it's also why I'm not worried about the Garden Party boxes left in my store. If they don't sell, and I like their special babies, I'll unpack them later. I'm not holding my breath for the new traits. I am trying to tease out one or two I've found as it is, and that's enough for me.

Doesn't KC do a few special cats every summer, or is that just Special Kitten events and Permas?

(03-27-2015 01:20 PM)Oselkhandro Resident Wrote:  Good grief, to me (and maybe to others who are new to this hobby), ALL the traits seem new! I honestly don't know yet which eyes, ears, tails, etc. are the ones I should seek. Sometimes, I find out that the furs or eyes that I love are really OLD. At the moment, I am entranced with Beach Blue and Shamrock, which are probably unexciting for those of you who have been doing this for years. Anyway, I love the new traits AND I love the old traits! Its all fun for this neophyte.

*nods at you and Zarabeth*

I keep getting new-to-me eyes in the starters that have actually been out for years. :-)

I want to breed what I find beautiful, and am learning how. I'd like to cover the cost of kibble... and maybe gown for me now and then... but I love watching my cats run and play. I'm treating it as a business, but if it gets to be too much, I might be just as happy with a garden full of pretty permas.
.... The surprise of boxes is pretty nice though!

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Icestron Resident
04-07-2015, 05:16 PM
(04-05-2015 04:00 AM)MsMagick Resident Wrote:  Doesn't KC do a few special cats every summer, or is that just Special Kitten events and Permas?

They did have 'Specials' last year or 'surprise babies' as they like to call them since its like the St Paddys day specials we just had, theres no actual collection released between Easter and Halloween. Last year we had the World Cup Surprise babies. But those like the St Paddys day were born 1 per avi to our existing cats no new traits. There was also the SB11 birthday freebie cat and RFL cats, as far as I know here were no new traits released with those but if anyone knows different feel free to correct me.
So yes they do do a few specials over the summer but not a major collection and new trait release, it seems this year halloween was a huge new trait release with a few on each of the following 3 collections.
of course we have yet to see what goodies they have given us in the easter collection. I just feel that the 4 collections should be more evenly spread across the year with a more even number of new traits. We had a lot at halloween and many were disapointed by how few there were at xmas and Valentines after such a bumper halloween. Anyhow in the meantime heres hoping we get some awesome new stuff in the Easter cats.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
04-07-2015, 07:51 PM
I've always supposed that the way the release schedule was set up had something to do with the RL demands of the KittyCatS team. I take time during the summer months to work through some of the Collection cats that I didn't have time/Cattery space to deal with during the year. This does mean, of course, that I don't find a new trait quickly, but it does mean I have the time to be thorough.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)