KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Pedigrees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering... is there any way to copy a kitty cats pedigree page into Word? I've been trying to save my cats information in word to try to get them organized and line up my breeding but when I select all to copy and paste into word .. it wont copy correctly. The only other way I can think of to do this is screen print but it doesn't get everything when I do that either.. any help or ideas would be great on this. I wish I could download the pages with each of my cats pedigrees Undecided

Also have been trying to put a spreadsheet together for my cats to keep them all straight but have run into problems.. if any of you have any spreadsheets you have on breeding and doesn't mind sharing some ideas with me, I would great appreciate the help on this.

Thanks so much! Sloan
Try Ctrl-PrintScreen to capture what's on your screen. On my system, I get a HUGE image, mostly black, because I usually don't have anything on the HDTV screen, so I use The GIMP (but any image editor will do) create the image from the clipboard, and to crop and resize the image.

On my Windows 7 box there is a Windows program called Snipping Tool which will do the cropping and can save the image. Dunno why I never think of it Smile

As for spreadsheets, the easiest tool for this is to copy-and-paste the Pedigree list.

I had a program which would do it; but, according to the Powers That Be, it is against the rules for ME to provide YOU with the ability to capture YOUR cat information and create a spreadsheet for you. It was part of a larger project which would perform basic analysis to assist you but I shelved the entire project since it seemed pointless to go on when I'm not allowed to let anyone else use it.
(06-12-2013 06:03 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]Try Ctrl-PrintScreen to capture what's on your screen. On my system, I get a HUGE image, mostly black, because I usually don't have anything on the HDTV screen, so I use The GIMP (but any image editor will do) create the image from the clipboard, and to crop and resize the image.

On my Windows 7 box there is a Windows program called Snipping Tool which will do the cropping and can save the image. Dunno why I never think of it Smile

As for spreadsheets, the easiest tool for this is to copy-and-paste the Pedigree list.

I had a program which would do it; but, according to the Powers That Be, it is against the rules for ME to provide YOU with the ability to capture YOUR cat information and create a spreadsheet for you. It was part of a larger project which would perform basic analysis to assist you but I shelved the entire project since it seemed pointless to go on when I'm not allowed to let anyone else use it.

Hi Tad.. thank you so much for responding... and I wish I could see your program.. it sounds like it would be a huge help to me right now. I feel so lost in all my cats. I have so many great cats and traits.. I just want to match them a lot better and see what else I can pull from them. I appreciate your help on this so much!

Sloan
(06-12-2013 12:14 AM)Sloan MacIntyre Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering... is there any way to copy a kitty cats pedigree page into Word? I've been trying to save my cats information in word to try to get them organized and line up my breeding but when I select all to copy and paste into word .. it wont copy correctly. The only other way I can think of to do this is screen print but it doesn't get everything when I do that either.. any help or ideas would be great on this. I wish I could download the pages with each of my cats pedigrees Undecided

Also have been trying to put a spreadsheet together for my cats to keep them all straight but have run into problems.. if any of you have any spreadsheets you have on breeding and doesn't mind sharing some ideas with me, I would great appreciate the help on this.

Thanks so much! Sloan

When I started I used a Google spreadsheet and kept it meticulously, which I'd be happy to share with you if you want.

However, it took a lot of time to keep up and since I started using the online cattery, I find I don't need it. I can see parents and children, can see what is showing and hiding far faster than I could keep up a spreed sheet week after week. It's been a more efficient way to sort kitties than the hours I spent inputting data into the spreed sheet.

Here's the link to the spreadsheet. HOWEVER!!!!! DO NOT USE THIS ONE! Go to the edit menu, make a copy and rename it something so you have your own copy to work from. Otherwise, you'll be working on mine!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aijq-WnwcpEddDRXWEtaZGJEVnZlS04wWVNZMk9faFE#gid=37
(06-12-2013 08:19 PM)Mellyn Llewellyn Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2013 12:14 AM)Sloan MacIntyre Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering... is there any way to copy a kitty cats pedigree page into Word? I've been trying to save my cats information in word to try to get them organized and line up my breeding but when I select all to copy and paste into word .. it wont copy correctly. The only other way I can think of to do this is screen print but it doesn't get everything when I do that either.. any help or ideas would be great on this. I wish I could download the pages with each of my cats pedigrees Undecided

Thanks so much! Sloan

When I started I used a Google spreadsheet and kept it meticulously, which I'd be happy to share with you if you want.

However, it took a lot of time to keep up and since I started using the online cattery, I find I don't need it. I can see parents and children, can see what is showing and hiding far faster than I could keep up a spreed sheet week after week. It's been a more efficient way to sort kitties than the hours I spent inputting data into the spreed sheet.

Here's the link to the spreadsheet. HOWEVER!!!!! DO NOT USE THIS ONE! Go to the edit menu, make a copy and rename it something so you have your own copy to work from. Otherwise, you'll be working on mine!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aijq-WnwcpEddDRXWEtaZGJEVnZlS04wWVNZMk9faFE#gid=37

Thank you so much Mellyn and promise I won't get on yours Confused I appreciate your sharing this with me.

Sloan Smile
Reference URL's