KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Scheduled Auctions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

I would like to open a thread / discussion about the auction schedule!

* What do we need a calender for, if the already occupied times get ignored ?

* Wouldn't a scheduled plan with all auction times & auctioneers be helpful to all of us?

* Is there any chance that KittyCats! is going to support such a collective schedule plan?

I do know about those schedule calenders :

1.) http://kittycatauctions.blogspot.co.uk/
by Draco Nacht
2.) http://kittycatsresearchproject.wordpres...ts-events/
byZiyal Ochs
3.) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlwiyBcJG42fdDR3NV9NaHdHYVpsMndUWXNuWXFGUHc#gid=0
by Brunabug Nightfire

It would be important to me to get knowledge about the fact, how many of us would accept 1 official scheduled auction plan -
Which suggestions do you have?

As we all love KittyCats! we also know it can be tricky at times with the rapid replacement / additional traits of the cats. Especially to those of us who run a smaller scale enterprise and aren't able to invest a lot of money into SL.. So they are dependent on selling their cats to keep their business running. Everyone of us does need to pay land tier, shop rentals, food, panel fees...

What I like to ask for is a bit more fairness to those ones and to be a bit more helpful. It is kind of frustrating if you try to find a free spot
in a scheduled auction plan and synchronize it with the existing auction times and others donĀ“t care about it and just use your own
auction time. We should support each other and not trying to be in a rivalry. It is way more fun to support each other Smile

So, here is my modest proposal:

- lets make 1 official scheduled auction plan which might be accepted by ALL of us
- no additional auctions on already occupied auction times
- every auction place / SIM/ Auction group/ Avatar must submit their auction time & date one by one into the scheduled plan
- smaller enterprises get appropriately taken into consideration as much as those who have several auctions a week

That has been on my mind for a while now- I hope for an open, fair and successful discussion about it.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Unicorn
A single schedule would be good.

Participation and compliance would be voluntary, however.

So there would never be a guarantee that no other auction would occur at the scheduled time.

Nor would there ever be a guarantee that any given auction would be listed at all.

Only allowing one auction at a time would lead to problems and be unenforceable.

It's extremely unlikely KittyCatS could be prevailed upon to add such a feature to their web site since they would almost certainly want to avoid the issues non-participation or non-compliance would raise.

If, however, you wanted to set up a web page ( yakas.org .. Yet Another KittyCats Auction Site .. sounds good to me), have at it.
I don't think setting up another page would help in this case.
I think this may already cause problems. Some auctions have put the details on one page to find its not the one used by most.
I think what unicorn is asking for, is basically for everyone to have a little more thought when other people are holding auctions already listed.
It seems some auctions (that are already on the list) are then having to change time for other auctions who decide they want theirs at that time, or very close to that time, and therefore squeezing in and running for a way longer period of time than anticipated.
When this happens, there is a knock on affect to auctions already placed.
I do believe people are fully aware of this also, but continue to do it.
Maybe something along the lines of one page, and an allotted amount of time for the auction would be good. If the auction finished in a lesser time, great. If it runs over and its constantly over, then maybe that auction needs to review the times so as to not effect anyone else.
At the end of the day working together works best Smile
The Gridwide Auction List on Google Docs has been around for over a year. It was put together by Hellcat at Kitty Kottage. I have just taken it over about a month ago. When some one submits a time and an auctioneer to me to add to the list I don't question the request. We at Kitty Kottage are only gathering the information to allow all KittyCats Breeders the information for what Auctions are going on. We can not monitor or regulate it. It would not be fair. This list was only to inform what auctions were going on.

As for getting auctioneers to set to a time schedule...I fear that will not work. Some auctioneers just run later than others, and others are much quicker than others.

If we as a community wanted to put more restrictions on auctions and auctioneers I say we limit 1 auction per week per auctioneer. The ones that have multiple auctions a week are the ones that are not allowing all the new auctioneers out there to get a chance. We have enough auctioneers already to cover almost every time slot there is from 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. I have no idea who would regulate this...or if anyone would want to take on that responsibility or if it would be excepted positively by the community.

That is my Kitty two cents.

~BreeAnn (Brunabug Nightfire)

oh and p.s. I looked at the first calendar you listed..and it is not current. Orien Wirefly is no longer at ScracthN Post as an auctioneer. If these lists are to be created they need to be maintained or deleted if no longer maintained.
When I took over the GridWide Auction list on Google Docs I tp'd over to each sim and spoke to the sim owners or auctioneer managers to get the updated information.
all it takes is RESPECT from all , sadly does not happen and it is annoying when your time is cut because someone has gone over the time you had for months on end,then when you try to sort it out it leads to arrangements and ill feeling. luckily if ive spoke to anyone regarding auctions i have not had this happen , but i am aware of a lot who have.
I use the schedule above that Hellcat created and its the one i find most current , so thanks to BreeAnn for taking it on and keeping updated.
One for all would be great lets hope it can be achieved but i tend to agree with Cate's comment some don't care and do what they want.
We should all work as one and keep kittycats the community that it was !
Hiya... I am running the KittyCatS! Event Calender in collaboration with Brunabug Nightfire (we send each other updates on new events). This problem we have has a solution and we at KCU are working on it.
We hope to make a online calender where the auctioneers can register their auction if the time slot is not already taken.
An inworld auction shedule (which you will be able to modify with only your auctions, only auctions from your sim or all auctions).
We are at this point still working on the idea and what features we want. Any suggestion are welcome Wink
Like Rubes said it's more about the respect of each person auctioning not to overlap. As long as supply and demand is there however it won't change really unless we as the community initiate the change. It's not KittyCatS responsibly to moderate auctions. I think BreeAnn is doing a great job of keeping the schedule updated. Even Draco has kept up to date on anything I have sent to initiate a change.

I do think a lot of auctions overlap but I enjoy the different type of auctions. I don't think adding another site for auction would help any at all. A solution would more likely come from a Sim manager meeting or auctioneer meeting to talk about or give thoughts on either limiting auctions, teaming up on auctions, or getting more various in the schedule for a something like a 24 hour time frame. Which would spread them out more, but more than liking you'd see just a ton more added.
As Rubes said, RESPECT is the important notion here.

I won't add anymore about that, I already have a far too bitter taste in my mouth because of that topic.

Nen
(04-14-2013 04:22 AM)Serena Stroikavskoi Wrote: [ -> ]

or getting more various in the schedule for a something like a 24 hour time frame. Which would spread them out more.

I dont get out of work till midnight, so I've never even seen an auction.

By the time I get there everybody is gone, so I just walk around with a pointy
stick and pick up empty popcorn bags and s#!t.

If I see a pandie on a podium I will poke it with the stick to see
what kind of noise it makes, cus I dont know if its a
cat or bear or what.

So you guys can schedule all you want, but I doubt the nightowls will be there.

I usually hang out in real life on my days off, ( WTF is THAT you say??)
but I might be inclined to deviate from that routine to check one of
these auctions out, but first I ask. . .

So how are they? Are they friendly party atmospheres,
Or are they strict corporate suckfests?
Do the prices get all blown out of whack or can you score a deal?
Whats the average duration?

Carry on.
They're pretty much corporate suckfests with 'The Man' coming down on you harder and faster than you can poke a pointy stick at.

Every single auction I go to is strictly business, no fun and games. I like it. I play hard and party none. I don't show up to these events to enjoy myself, I want to get it done, quick, and dirty.

I personally have a real life, like you, and sitting at an auction that lasts longer than 12 seconds is just too much investment for me.

I'm a nightowl by nature as well, I wake up at 5pm and sleep at 5am, daylight bothers my unnaturally pale skin.

So if you're looking for a good time, don't bother coming to any auction, you won't be satisfied.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's