KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Corona Virus - how can we help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi everyone.

we know we are living in a very interesting time for us and a time where the oneness of us all is more evident than ever before in our lifetimes.

because of the uncertainty, fears and instability, we wanted to make a little place where we can offer support for each other or share what we are doing while we're at home or how we are giving support to others, or how others are supporting us.

our community is a rich and diverse one and their KINDNESS is unmatched. i've not ever seen such a giving and caring community in all my life. i'm proud to be part of this community.

we all have different roles and we're all equal and important.

so we'd love to hear from you, if you want.

how can we support you?
are you quarantined?
what are you doing to pass the time?
what new things are you learning?
what new insights are you gaining?

do you want to share a poem, song, photo, anything with us?

please use this space to share your thoughts or anything really!

we care about you and want you to know we're here for you.

thank you for your kindness, love and generosity. you are so important to this community and this world.

and... we're all in this, alone, together.

much love,

callie, for the KittyCatS team.
i'll go first.

currently i am quarantined.
I have been sick for almost 3 weeks and was tested for the virus on satruday. i should know this week sometime the test result.

i am starting to feel better!

i have written some poems and done a bit of art but mostly sleeping and resting (dr.s orders)

i am learning that if i fear, i feel a lot worse, and by staying connected to people, i feel a lot better.

i am learning that people experience this situation based on their thoughts and beliefs. we can't control what's happening, but we CAN control our thoughts about it if we are aware of them.

i'm trying to stay aware!

i also am learning how much i have taken for granted. little things like freedom to go out whenever and where ever i please. and to be close to people even if i don't know them.

i am learning how i take comfort in having people around me (at stores or my neighborhood) even if i don't know them.

i am learning we are much more alike than we thought.

xoxo, love,
callie
I am not in Quarantine, but I am self-isolating. Pretty sure I was exposed but not exhibiting any signs. I live up near Seattle so you can imagine how things are here and our state just went on Lock down (or will be at midnight or something). I am just glad for the SL communities and KittyCats so isolation isn't so isolated. Everyone Be Safe and Well!
Angel
Hi Everyone,
Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

how can we support you?
You are all doing a fine job helping when I need help.

are you quarantined?
At this moment I am not quarantined. However I stay home as much as I can.

what are you doing to pass the time?
Cleaning house and hanging out in SL. Have more kitties.

what new things are you learning?
Slowly learning how to build and re-learning the traits and how to price kitties due to the traits.

do you want to share a poem, song, photo, anything with us?
[img]bc1e00c7-cfd8-bde7-034d-b546a3c146db[/img]

please use this space to share your thoughts or anything really!
I really enjoy all my kitties. I have so many that I want to perma pet and not enough money to do with them.

[attachment=5254]
I've been in quarantine for going on two weeks.
Doc says it's just the aftermath of a bad flu that never fully went away, I hope she's right as they have no capacity to see people let alone properly treat them any longer.
The only people still allowed to see a GP are suspected cases of the wuflu, and even then all the GP does is perform triage to determine whether they should send you home or send you to a second triage station that determines whether you're sick enough to need hospital care.
Only if you're admitted to hospital are you actually tested for it, as there's simply not enough capacity at the testing labs, they're running out of not just test kits but everything else from petri dishes to test tubes to disinfectant.

Luckily I was prepared for this and have stockpiled several weeks of food over the last few months, as grocery deliveries have become nearly non-existent. Most stores have stopped deliveries, and those that still do them you have to order weeks in advance and then hope you'll actually get what you ordered or anything at all.
Hello Friends and Kitty Lovers,

I'm in Illinois, our state has been "closed" for a few days now. I don't believe I have it and don't believe I've been exposed but since I work from home this is pretty much expected.

My family normally ventures out and has been doing so now and then even after shut down cause we're still trying to get toilet paper. (Davis has been stopping at several stores to find some and last hunt he only brought home 1-ply, it's yucky)

I'm sorry for those that have it and hope to hear that everyone is making it through okay.

Please enjoy your time at home and put it to good use, it wont be forever. Keep your fear level down and a smile on your face.

Hugz to all,Heart
Kayaღ
(kayaray)
Hi everyone! I am an asthmatic so I have been self-quarantining to stay safe and take precaution, and I hope all of you are too! It's the best way to protect yourself and others. I have been catching up on TV shows and films that I missed during my study time. I've been facetiming my friends to stay in contact while social distancing! Get well soon CallieSmile
(03-24-2020 10:21 PM)Callie Cline Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone.

we know we are living in a very interesting time for us and a time where the oneness of us all is more evident than ever before in our lifetimes.

because of the uncertainty, fears and instability, we wanted to make a little place where we can offer support for each other or share what we are doing while we're at home or how we are giving support to others, or how others are supporting us.

I'm in Africa, the virus is starting to arrive

Against him, the government has decided the curfew since yesterday

That's all for the moment

Take care of all of you
GK
I'm in a tiny state in the eastern US. We are under a shelter-in-place order, so my husband and I have been working from home (and are incredibly lucky that we can do that). It was surreal for me to see people in the grocery store wearing masks for protection. Seeing it on the news is one thing, but it didn't really hit home for me until I saw it in person.

SL almost seems like it was created for bizarre times like this - a place where we can interact with each other and play with our kitties without worrying about spreading infection. I'm so thankful to have my kitties to play with and cuddle. And this is such a wonderful, caring community. I hope you all stay safe and healthy!

And Callie, please take care of yourself! I hope you continue to get better.

Smile
I'm in the UK we are all supposed to stay home now and only go out for essential shopping and work IF we can't work from home. I suspect greater restrictions on workers are on their way as people still cram onto trains and busses in an unsafe way. I'm at home with my 2 kids since the schools closed last week, using the time to blitz the house and sort out my garden. The sun is shining and we have enough supplies to keep us going. Managed to get out and buy seeds before the lockdown so we are planning on planting a veggie patch.
Weirdly I have been on SL less since this started rather than more, my cats seems to be doing as they please and I'm not stressing about it.
Just hoping everyone I know both in RL and in SL stays fit and well and makes it through this. As always the support from this community is invaluable and I'm thankful to be part of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's