KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Tonkinese - Blue Point Recessiveness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I only had a female natural mink but finally got a male blue point yesterday so I have unboxed those and mated them. I will be back with the results Smile

(08-16-2016 08:34 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Peaches. Previously it was confirmed recessive to Aby Dark Choco. NOw it is confirmed dominant to Australian Blue Marble.

That narrows it down to just one fur. It just needs to be tested against Tonkinese Natural Mink to be placed. Congratulations!
So this happened today much to my surprise and delight. I'll be hitting the love tables this week looking for a male Nat Mink to breed with her, unless anyone has one preferably pure they'd like to mate with my tiger to get the proof to place the Blue Point.

[Image: 4b9b5de9a2d3cc1d0268226fe71fdcd0.png]
Wow! Congratulations, Arwen!

All it needs to be tested against is Tonki Natural Mink to be placed. I thought you would have a Natural Mink out because I remember you were doing them for awhile but if not, I have a a boy.
(09-12-2016 12:54 PM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote: [ -> ]So this happened today much to my surprise and delight. I'll be hitting the love tables this week looking for a male Nat Mink to breed with her, unless anyone has one preferably pure they'd like to mate with my tiger to get the proof to place the Blue Point.

I can pop this fellow if you wish?

[Image: ab1c9f2f40619b078a8eb359f89f0221.png]
(09-12-2016 03:16 PM)Reven Rosca Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2016 12:54 PM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote: [ -> ]So this happened today much to my surprise and delight. I'll be hitting the love tables this week looking for a male Nat Mink to breed with her, unless anyone has one preferably pure they'd like to mate with my tiger to get the proof to place the Blue Point.

I can pop this fellow if you wish?

[Image: ab1c9f2f40619b078a8eb359f89f0221.png]

That would be awesome, I have Nat minks but the line has Blue marble in it so even the ones that look pure probably aren't, so unless the Mink is dominant further testing would be required. Am hoping Mink dominant as that would be the clearest result if she passes her fur again.
(09-13-2016 01:08 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote: [ -> ]That would be awesome, I have Nat minks but the line has Blue marble in it so even the ones that look pure probably aren't, so unless the Mink is dominant further testing would be required. Am hoping Mink dominant as that would be the clearest result if she passes her fur again.

He's unboxed and growing on mat #19 at the Sagacharts project space. Please chime in if you want me to transfer him to you.
2nd box from my Tonk Blue Point Hider and the Nat Mink from Reven gave us this.
I'll be popping the box to confirm hidden Nat Mink of course but its looking good Smile

[Image: 24ff08224e1ce613be6a26bff10aa4a0.png]
SO if I am getting this right we have

AbyDC> Tonk Bl Pt > Tonk Nat Mink? Love this group

~~~Cee
(10-16-2016 02:20 AM)PurringFox McMillan Wrote: [ -> ]SO if I am getting this right we have

AbyDC> Tonk Bl Pt > Tonk Nat Mink? Love this group

~~~Cee

It looks that way but nothing is definate until Reven gets a result on the babies hidden. Cat is unpacked and growing. Although we believe the Nat Mink to be pure it can't be proven so I passed the baby to Reven to pull out the hidden and get conclusive proof.
Arwen's and mine Blue point test kitty has just dropped a box, and all it proves is the importance of unboxing kittens to find their hiddens.

My NatMink wasn't pure after all, and we are back at the drawing board, mating him to Arwen's starter again.

[Image: 3b1093981c46ccb1a9011c4252d2da94.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's