KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Food going super fast!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(04-27-2012 12:20 PM)Malicia Python Wrote: [ -> ]" All the cats were sick because I'd been gone for 2 months but I asked in cat chat if sick cats ate more food than healthy cats & was told "no, they don't". Overnight 5 foods were used! The day after that 3 foods were used from the previous 24 hrs. "

This is because they feed down to 0% hunger first, I guess.

So sick cats DO eat more food until they're well? There's a huge difference between 5 foods used per day & 1 food used per day. I got the opposite answer when I asked that in kitty chat. Are sick cats supposed to use up milk too or do they only start using milk & gaining love when they're healthy again? Several people told me in chat that sick cats don't drink milk yet my cattery shows otherwise. The ones that were at my home hardly used any milk because only about 6-8 had get well potions used on them.

My cats have been out of inventory for 5 days. Sixty two cats down but a dozen were put into the cattery 3 days ago so half of that time only 50 cats were feeding & in 5 days they ate 14 bowls of food. Honestly if I'd known that sick cats were supposed to eat that much I would've left them all in inventory & just opened up boxes that I had & started over.
(04-27-2012 02:10 PM)Maggy Hazelnut Wrote: [ -> ]So sick cats DO eat more food until they're well?

Sick Cats eat the same amount of food as healthy cats.
Ofcourse, if your sick cat needs to eat down starting form 100% to 0%, it will eat a lot. But each "percentage" they eat is exactly the same amount as for a healthy cat.

(a cat which wakes up is 12% hunger, as they didnt eat while sleeping, so need to catch up... a cat at 100% hunger would need to catch up over 8 times more compared to a cat that just woke up).

Regards
KittyCatS
(04-27-2012 02:10 PM)Maggy Hazelnut Wrote: [ -> ]Several people told me in chat that sick cats don't drink milk yet my cattery shows otherwise.

Sick cats did drink milk in the cattery. This was however not intended.
The problem has been fixed now, and for each sick cat someone had in the cattery the milk it did consume was restored.

In future its best to fill a ticket if you see a problem like this though, as the chance we notice it via a post in the forums is a lot smaller, or it could take a lot longer.

Regards
KittyCatS
Thanks KittyCats. Smile Yes, I should've filed a ticket but the reason I didn't was because I got conflicting information on the the food/milk consumption. And thank you for replacing the milk in the cattery. Smile
I honestly feel like my food is being eaten really fast..

Is it 1 bowl per 28 days per breeding cat or is it 30 days?

I use a food calculator to budget my food, however I'm always short on food when I do the math and stock up, especially in terms of supply and estimating how much food I need per week.

Does anyone else have this issue?
(06-09-2012 02:11 AM)Brandon Dawson Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly feel like my food is being eaten really fast..

Is it 1 bowl per 28 days per breeding cat or is it 30 days?

I use a food calculator to budget my food, however I'm always short on food when I do the math and stock up, especially in terms of supply and estimating how much food I need per week.

Does anyone else have this issue?

So far my food consumption is pretty accurate I would ask KittyCatS to do a test with you or request a check up on your server.
I did this one time, the food test, and this helped me a lot Smile
hi brandon Smile

it's 4 weeks per bowl for breeding cats, 8 weeks for pets. I hope that helps.

(starter food that comes in new starter cats is shorter, or the food that comes with the collection cats)
At some point in the past, I had milk going slightly faster than food, which I thought was really odd (because kittens + elderly don't drink it, it should always be consumed slightly slower) - but in the past many months it has worked perfectly. Sure the food goes fast at times - but only because I have a lot of kitties Wink

What KittyCatS says about food-consumption for sick kitties makes sense. They do not eat more because they are sick - they eat more because they are hungry. When their hunger is down, they eat like any other kitty, no matter if they're still sick or not.
This is an old thread but I still wish to understand sick kitties Big Grin

(06-09-2012 09:48 AM)Saga Felix Wrote: [ -> ]They do not eat more because they are sick - they eat more because they are hungry. When their hunger is down, they eat like any other kitty, no matter if they're still sick or not.

So they still eat more?

Lets say the kitty eats 3.6% a day (3.6 * 28 days is almost 100), at first day of recovery, will they consume 3.6% of the bowl ore more? Will the bowl last for 28 days as for the healthy kitty?

(04-28-2012 07:57 AM)KittyCats Resident Wrote: [ -> ]But each "percentage" they eat is exactly the same amount as for a healthy cat.

I didn't get that.
Hi Sara.

Ok, here's how it is: Sick cats eat EXACTLY The same amount of food as healthy cats.

The ONLY cats that eat more are HUNGRY cats.

So, if your cat is at 100% hunger (And hence sick - but that is not what matters in this calculation - the hunger is), it will eat more food until it's hunger is down to normal again. -Just like a cat who has been sleeping for 8 hours wakes up with 12% hunger and eat more until he is full again.

When the cat is full again, it will eat the same amounts as any other cat - even if he is still sick.
Only way to prevent a 100% hungry (and hence sick) cat to eat a lot of food very fast is to hand him a get-well-potion (which costs more than a whole month of food, soeh...), or to perma-pet him, if that is your intention anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's