KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Auction Schedule Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-21-2015 01:00 PM)PrettyPoizen Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that, but to be honest I did fine without them for 2 yrs and while I do like them I sometimes still use the browser to identify the breeding method. I use them on all my auctions but I am not reliant on them to do my job.

Visually, I find it easier to use the webpage when looking at pedigrees, however the profiler does have the ability to go back a generation further, so there is that.

But the real point I'm making is that NOW the Profiler also instantly lists the cats on a searchable website where potential buyers can find them. Not only are they listed under the auction itself, they come up when searching for the traits that the cat shows:

http://kittycats.info/market

It may not make any real difference if the cat is only there a few hours before the auction, but if the cats are there a day or more in advance, it's another way for potential buyers find the cat AND the auction.

So...
Advertising for the seller.
Advertising for the auctioneer.
Easier shopping for the buyer.

And. honestly, the more people use the profilers and the web market, whether for auctions or in their shops, the more useful it will become for everyone.
First of all, thanks to Brunabug and MsMagick for your supportive posts.

I want to clarify one last time, the auction calendar is for everyone, not just the profiler owners, I said it in a few posts and there is really no reason to think otherwise. I wonder why people never ask me if they are unsure. And if you see auctions not listed, it is not because of me, it is because of the people who are not interested in being listed. You can ask them for their reasons, I don't know them, they never talked to me. But I know that they are aware of the web market. I think it is not a coincidence that those are the same people who refuse to use the profilers. Luckily only one or two auctioneers are missing and I'm sure they will add their auctions soon.

Now the web market itself is a free and great platform to advertise your KittyCatS. I know you have to buy the profilers but those profilers existed long before and many people already have them for other reasons. The web market is just an additional feature. People pay lots of money and spend so much time to advertise their KittyCatS, spam groups that nobody reads, list their KittyCatS on the sl marketplace that is not really searchable for traits. Now you have the chance to have this platform, list your KittyCatS easily and make them visible for everyone. Of course this web market would be nothing if nobody uses it so it is up to you to make this service successful and I think we are on the right way. Thanks again to the people who support this.

Hi Mir! Yes, the calender will be back up in a few days....and I am sooo relieved! I liked it.

[/quote]

Good deal, as there are some markets that do not use the profiler or for some reason do not have them listed. So we really do need a schedule that shows them all.

Now don't get me wrong I love the market and it's capabilities, but we really need to have a full representation of the auctions going on. So Yay! for the schedule returning. Do we need to submit our times/days or is most of the information going to be taken right from the Marketplace?
[/quote]

full representation is a problem when some people don't choose to participate or are unaware of the calender's existence.
I so loved BreeAnn's calendar. Such a shame that certain people have to overstep and monopolize what was really great work that lasted 3 years instead of helping better the community.

Now there is no updated place to find auction schedules, BreeAnn's calendar was a huge help to new breeders and to auctioneers. She really did an amazing job! BreeAnn, if you do decide to start it up again, you got my full support!
(12-26-2015 06:53 PM)Mizaki Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I so loved BreeAnn's calendar. Such a shame that certain people have to overstep and monopolize what was really great work that lasted 3 years instead of helping better the community.

Now there is no updated place to find auction schedules, BreeAnn's calendar was a huge help to new breeders and to auctioneers. She really did an amazing job! BreeAnn, if you do decide to start it up again, you got my full support!

It's great that you support BreeAnn, she really did a great job. Some people just have to destroy things that are good for the community, just for their own interests. They spend so much time to spread their propaganda to achieve that, really sad. But it is unfair that you say 'there is no updated place to find auction schedules'. http://kittycats.info/auctions is up to date and auctioneers update them themselves whenever something changes.
I really appreciate your comment Mizaki and am so grateful for all the people who contacted me directly to say thanks for all that I did. It really ment a lot, as I felt that no one really cared much while I was maintaining the Auction Calendar.

If I had personally known Rene Marseille back in September and realized he was working on this website Market I would have approached him and helped to transition my Auction Calendar to the website Market.

I LOVE that each auctioneer can manage their own times.

I totally support this and if I was an auctioneer I would be putting my times on this calendar. I personally don't own the Profilers at my store to sell my cats. I am not sure if I ever would buy them and I understand why some would not want to....but don't let that stop you from using the WebMarket if you are an auctioneer. Again you don't need to have Profilers to post your auctions on the calendar. I LOVE that the calendar is provided to ALL Auctioneers now and any future Auctioneers who join BECAUSE it is self maintained.

Thanks Rene for putting this website together for every one to use to search for cats and now search for auctions taking place.
(12-20-2015 01:32 PM)Brunabug Nightfire Wrote: [ -> ]Just putting my two cents in. I maintained the GRID WIDE Auction Calendar for 3 yrs. ..... I am not trying to stir that pot. I don't want to bring all that drama back up.

I do want to point out that what ever calendar that is created needs to be maintained by a neutral party or the auctioneers directly. The web market (http://www.kittycats.info/auctions) auctions is trying to do that. This web site market allows the auctioneers the access to add or remove their own auctions. No need to have a middle person to ask to be added or removed. Auctioneers handle it directly. The part about the profilers is just a added benefit. Auctioneers do not need to have profilers at their auctions to be able to manage their own times and add or remove them selves on the website that was created.

If the community wants something where....ut can just have a current list of auctions happening..so the buyers can use it and tp to auctions.

That is my two cents.

i love the web market auction listings, and it is do it yourself, If someone doesn't choose to use it and they are auctioneers, nothing can be said or done about it. And if people step on other people's time slots it beccomes really obvious by looking at the calender.......... that means auctioneers themselves can figure out how to work it out , or people who know who was tehre first will know who not to go to and why.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's