Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Auction Schedule Question
12-16-2015, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2015 11:19 AM by Mirsoul Resident.)
Auction Schedule Question
Being a new KittyCats auctioneer I just wondered if there is another auction schedule that is being maintained, or is everyone pretty much using the web market (http://www.kittycats.info/auctions) ? I know that Scratch used to maintain one but does not do that any longer.

Just trying to make sure I don't step on anyone else's time. Thought I had that covered until a few minutes ago; but it was an easy fix Big Grin

Thanks!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , LyricaBlues Resident
12-17-2015, 09:08 AM
RE: Auction Schedule Question
I have run into this same problem. My auction is currently conflicting with another and I am trying to find a new time that won't conflict with anyone. I hear that ScratchNPost might possibly resume sharing a gridwide calendar of all the KittyCat auctions, at all the sims - I hope so!

(12-16-2015 11:02 AM)Mirsoul Resident Wrote:  Being a new KittyCats auctioneer I just wondered if there is another auction schedule that is being maintained, or is everyone pretty much using the web market (http://www.kittycats.info/auctions) ? I know that Scratch used to maintain one but does not do that any longer.

Just trying to make sure I don't step on anyone else's time. Thought I had that covered until a few minutes ago; but it was an easy fix Big Grin

Thanks!!

12-17-2015, 07:36 PM
(12-16-2015 11:02 AM)Mirsoul Resident Wrote:  Being a new KittyCats auctioneer I just wondered if there is another auction schedule that is being maintained, or is everyone pretty much using the web market (http://www.kittycats.info/auctions) ? I know that Scratch used to maintain one but does not do that any longer.

Thanks!!

Hi Mir! Yes, the calender will be back up in a few days....and I am sooo relieved! I liked it.

SUN 4pm & WED 11am Poison's Paradise
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Th.../46/238/21

THURS 6pm
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sc...220/128/26

Be The Change You Wish to See in the World (Mahatma Gandhi)
 Thanks given by: Mirsoul Resident , Ivy Lane , Aubreygrace Starlight
12-18-2015, 06:19 AM
[/quote]

Hi Mir! Yes, the calender will be back up in a few days....and I am sooo relieved! I liked it.

[/quote]

Good deal, as there are some markets that do not use the profiler or for some reason do not have them listed. So we really do need a schedule that shows them all.

Now don't get me wrong I love the market and it's capabilities, but we really need to have a full representation of the auctions going on. So Yay! for the schedule returning. Do we need to submit our times/days or is most of the information going to be taken right from the Marketplace?
12-18-2015, 11:30 AM
i stopped passing out the link and i miss it terribly phil was coding to start one , but i will let him know this............ it's really a community asset even if some o fthe community doesn't choose to use it . I think more people in the community use it than don't use it and i think the auctioneers totally rely on it to keep things organized.

[Image: al_114x100t.png]

Buy art @ [ RedBubble ] !
12-18-2015, 12:47 PM
I'm glad to hear ScratchN is going back to grid-wide... that saves me a lot of time I didn't have Wink

—Jessica Metalhead
12-20-2015, 01:32 PM
Just putting my two cents in. I maintained the GRID WIDE Auction Calendar for 3 yrs. Dealt with a lot of complaints between auctioneers being nasty to each other - not willing to share times. In September I tried to go back to the "grass roots" of why the auction calendar was created and why I put so much of my heart and soul into maintaining it- keeping it up to date and current. Most of you might remember the huge fight in the forums that ensued because ScratchN Post felt that my rules of holding times slots on the calendar I created was unfair. I am not trying to stir that pot. I don't want to bring all that drama back up.

I do want to point out that what ever calendar that is created needs to be maintained by a neutral party or the auctioneers directly. The web market (http://www.kittycats.info/auctions) auctions is trying to do that. This web site market allows the auctioneers the access to add or remove their own auctions. No need to have a middle person to ask to be added or removed. Auctioneers handle it directly. The part about the profilers is just a added benefit. Auctioneers do not need to have profilers at their auctions to be able to manage their own times and add or remove them selves on the website that was created.

If the community wants something where their is one person maintaining a calendar I feel that person needs to be neutral not affiliated with any sim directly. The fighting and bitterness between the Secondary Markets will always be there and the person or project needs to be neutral from all secondary SIMs. *just want to point out that when I started my calendar I was working for Kitty Kottage and that sim was KNOWN for listing all events and Auctions on all sims not just their sim. When they closed I started working at Adorable Pets (AKA Too Adorable). The owner of Adorable Pets had to send me Notecards with auctioneer times just like every one else. No favorites given. - so hopefully that will not be brought up for debate. *

I also think that maybe the community really needs to think about creating a group where their is elections for certain positions such as an Auctioneer Manager or other positions. And if a calendar is created that Calendar person does not have to deal with all the drama of holding spots...but can just have a current list of auctions happening..so the buyers can use it and tp to auctions.

That is my two cents.

~ BreeAnn (Brunabug Nightfire)
Direct link to SAGA Dominance Charts folder
Direct link to SAGA FAQ
Feel free to pass Proofs to me - I will be sure to get them added to the To Do List for SAGA.
 Thanks given by: RogueRomeo Resident , Mirsoul Resident , MsMagick Resident , Ellen Ireland , Aubreygrace Starlight , LunarWolfRose Littlepaws , Rene Marseille , Mizaki Resident , Ivy Lane , Julia Merosi
12-21-2015, 05:43 AM
(12-20-2015 01:32 PM)Brunabug Nightfire Wrote:  Just putting my two cents in. I maintained the GRID WIDE Auction Calendar for 3 yrs. Dealt with a lot of complaints between auctioneers being nasty to each other - not willing to share times. In September I tried to go back to the "grass roots" of why the auction calendar was created and why I put so much of my heart and soul into maintaining it- keeping it up to date and current. Most of you might remember the huge fight in the forums that ensued because ScratchN Post felt that my rules of holding times slots on the calendar I created was unfair. I am not trying to stir that pot. I don't want to bring all that drama back up.

I do want to point out that what ever calendar that is created needs to be maintained by a neutral party or the auctioneers directly. The web market (http://www.kittycats.info/auctions) auctions is trying to do that. This web site market allows the auctioneers the access to add or remove their own auctions. No need to have a middle person to ask to be added or removed. Auctioneers handle it directly. The part about the profilers is just a added benefit. Auctioneers do not need to have profilers at their auctions to be able to manage their own times and add or remove them selves on the website that was created.

If the community wants something where their is one person maintaining a calendar I feel that person needs to be neutral not affiliated with any sim directly. The fighting and bitterness between the Secondary Markets will always be there and the person or project needs to be neutral from all secondary SIMs. *just want to point out that when I started my calendar I was working for Kitty Kottage and that sim was KNOWN for listing all events and Auctions on all sims not just their sim. When they closed I started working at Adorable Pets (AKA Too Adorable). The owner of Adorable Pets had to send me Notecards with auctioneer times just like every one else. No favorites given. - so hopefully that will not be brought up for debate. *

I also think that maybe the community really needs to think about creating a group where their is elections for certain positions such as an Auctioneer Manager or other positions. And if a calendar is created that Calendar person does not have to deal with all the drama of holding spots...but can just have a current list of auctions happening..so the buyers can use it and tp to auctions.

That is my two cents.

Yes, I remember and loved your calender! When I returned to SL and KittyCats it was the first thing I looked for.

If everyone can list their auctions ont the marketplace website, without having to purchase or use the profilers, then that is great. The problem is I don't think everyone knows that (I didn't). So it is a matter of getting the word out to those that aren't listed and having them add their dates/times.

Thanks for pointing that bit of information out Big Grin Big Grin
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire
12-21-2015, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2015 12:20 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
Honestly, it seems to me that it is a disservice to both buyers and sellers for an auctioneer/SIM to choose not have profilers set up at any dedicated/KittyCatS-only auction. They aren't cheap, but having the right tools is part of being a professional, and they are too useful for advertising now, as well as for analysis, not to have them.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire , LyricaBlues Resident , Rene Marseille
12-21-2015, 01:00 PM
(12-21-2015 12:17 PM)MsMagick Resident Wrote:  Honestly, it seems to me that it is a disservice to both buyers and sellers for an auctioneer/SIM to choose not have profilers set up at any dedicated/KittyCatS-only auction. They aren't cheap, but having the right tools is part of being a professional, and they are too useful for advertising now, as well as for analysis, not to have them.

I understand that, but to be honest I did fine without them for 2 yrs and while I do like them I sometimes still use the browser to identify the breeding method. I use them on all my auctions but I am not reliant on them to do my job.

SUN 4pm & WED 11am Poison's Paradise
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Th.../46/238/21

THURS 6pm
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sc...220/128/26

Be The Change You Wish to See in the World (Mahatma Gandhi)
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)