KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Over Spamming Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am beginning to notice a new trend of over spamming Live Sales and Auctions.

I can understand the need to advertise your cats but is it necessary to list every single kitty you hope to sell in a new thread, can they not all be listed in one single thread, with some eye catching title?

I used to enjoy coming to the forums to see what was being advertise, but now feel this is one huge mess of over spamming and has completely put me off even bothering to try and look through.
Dimpz, I completely agree. The forums is supposed to be a place where anyone can advertise their cats not just flood the forum. This is why I don't advertise as much anymore because when I do there have been a couple of people who just post every single cat in separate threads. I feel like I can't even post. It's supposed to be about sharing your kitties for sale and I respect everyone wants to advertise their cats but they could do it with some respect. Thank you Dimpz for posting what I have been wanting to.
Thank you Dimpz for saying something. This has been bothering me as well. One used to be able to post a couple times a week and not have to dig many pages back in the history to maybe find your thread - but here lately if you don't stay on top of your thread you can be 4-6 pages buried within about two days. I realize all of us want to be able to advertise our kittens and should feel free to do so. Spam, however, is counter productive because many of us after a while tend to ignore any thing written by the spammer. I generally keep one thread, and edit it as needed to update information. Using the edit tools you can edit the title of the thread - one just simply needs to use the Full Edit option on the Edit button.
We need some sort of moderator able to take care of threads posted in the wrong place, way too many threads opened by the same person and so on. I agree, just list all your cats in the same thread and update THAT thread as much as you want like the majority of us do. Again, it's a matter of respect about sharing community space in a proper way without stepping on someone's toes. If you become annoying no one will read your ads anyway, so what's the point?
bump!
There are like 5 posts by the same person in the first page. Annoying. I would like to see what others are selling without going through 56 pages. Am I asking too much?
Wanting to have control over everything as the key team = having no control at all.
KC hire a moderator, please.
I just decided to comment again and say to everyone I agree. I am sick of seeing all the same posts from the same person on one page, not only does it make itf ind your own thread to update but it's disrespectful to other's threads as well. Everyone deserves a fair chance for their thread to be shown. I feel like it's gotten much worse.
I understand everyone's frustration, but I honestly gave up. There will be no moderation, I remember Tad explained how a pain in the ass it is with a forum like the one we have. We can just suck it up, ladies and lads. Hugs to you all.
Yea, i just keep making new threads cause i can't find the one i started LOL hugsss and i hardly post unless i'm haing a sale or a new trait for sale
(05-07-2015 10:56 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, i just keep making new threads cause i can't find the one i started LOL hugsss and i hardly post unless i'm haing a sale or a new trait for sale

I can suggest something easy and quick to find your threads, something I always do: click "user CP" and you will see a list of threads, including the most recent one you opened. Hope this helps Heart
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's