KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Unpacking in Cattery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone else had an issue with unpacking in the cattery, and it not unpacking the right cat? When you hit unpack, it brings up a picture of the kitty and asks you if you want to unpack that specific cat, yes or no. I did this, the picture was correct, and it unpacked a different kitten that was next to it in the cattery.

Just had the same thing happen sending one to the menagerie. It sent a different kitten and I had to go back and get it with a menagerie bottle.

~ Zevy Sad
hi Zevara Smile

When you click a box button in your cattery, it knows which box you clicked because the button contains the ID somewhere.
That same ID is hidden in the line for the specific box.

The image of your box in the cattery is created based on the data of the box line itself.
This mechanism is visible to everyone who would understand it, and i dont think it contains a mistake.

The only remaining possibility is that a box line would have a wrong ID assigned. In that case, this would also cause the wrong pedigree to open for example.
This would be easy to check as it would show a mistake in the code of the cattery page.

If anyone would have such an occurence in a consistent way, just let us know with a ticket. I double checked several parts involved, but couldn't find any problems, neither recreate them.
Always make sure though to double check not only the image, but also the written data before you continue.

Regards
KittyCatS
Yesterday I had an "off" thing happen with a cattery interaction, too (though not the same as your issues), Zevara.

I clicked on the dock to bring a cat in-world from the cattery, just so I could see how the cute little fussy tail looked with her fur. Her name is Maitreya, but when I clicked on her to send her back to the cattery, I got the message that CARSON had arrived safely at the cattery. Carson is another of my cats, but he was already in the cattery --- had never been brought out! I'm certain that he isn't the cat I brought in-world, because Maitreya is the only fussy-tailed cat I have with her fur... and the cat that I saw definitely had a fussy tail! (Also, her eyes are Green Diamond while Carson's are not.)

None of this provided any sort of a problem for me (she DID arrive safely), but it was a definite noticeable glitch of some sort --- and certainly one I've never experienced before with cattery use. Exclamation

(01-20-2014 10:51 AM)KittyCats Resident Wrote: [ -> ]hi Zevara Smile

When you click a box button in your cattery, it knows which box you clicked because the button contains the ID somewhere.
That same ID is hidden in the line for the specific box.

The image of your box in the cattery is created based on the data of the box line itself.
This mechanism is visible to everyone who would understand it, and i dont think it contains a mistake.

The only remaining possibility is that a box line would have a wrong ID assigned. In that case, this would also cause the wrong pedigree to open for example.
This would be easy to check as it would show a mistake in the code of the cattery page.

If anyone would have such an occurence in a consistent way, just let us know with a ticket. I double checked several parts involved, but couldn't find any problems, neither recreate them.
Always make sure though to double check not only the image, but also the written data before you continue.

Regards
KittyCatS

Thank you for the feedback, however, I did check the written data also and it was the same cat.
(01-20-2014 12:46 PM)CatSoleil Bellecoeur Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday I had an "off" thing happen with a cattery interaction, too (though not the same as your issues), Zevara.

I clicked on the dock to bring a cat in-world from the cattery, just so I could see how the cute little fussy tail looked with her fur. Her name is Maitreya, but when I clicked on her to send her back to the cattery, I got the message that CARSON had arrived safely at the cattery. Carson is another of my cats, but he was already in the cattery --- had never been brought out! I'm certain that he isn't the cat I brought in-world, because Maitreya is the only fussy-tailed cat I have with her fur... and the cat that I saw definitely had a fussy tail! (Also, her eyes are Green Diamond while Carson's are not.)

None of this provided any sort of a problem for me (she DID arrive safely), but it was a definite noticeable glitch of some sort --- and certainly one I've never experienced before with cattery use. Exclamation

Hi CatSoleil Smile

I found that the full name of your cat is actually "MAITREYA @ for RAUL, McKINLEY, CARSON". (so it contains both the names MAITREYA and CARSON). The Cattery message wrongly cuts everything in front of the last comma in your cats name, causing your strange issue. It has no other effect then a wrong sentence. It will be solved with a future update of the cats.

thanks for letting us know!

Regards
KittyCatS
This issue is still happening for me. It happened again today. I opened a kitty that the description and picture matched, and it opened the kitty next to it in the cattery.
Going to chime in here to say that several times the wrong cats have been paired in the cattery, despite the confirmation images & names showing the correct ones. I've had to buy breakup potion to fix this before. I haven't had the wrong box birthed but just wanted to mention a similar experience. =)
This is no longer happening for me. Whatever the issue was, seems to be fixed. Smile
I will chime in and say this has happend to me about 5 times, click unpack in the cattery, the cat pops up and i see the correct cat, but after its unpacked another cat is unpacked instead.

For some reason I think it happends because the cattery hasnt finished loading in some way, i have ~1800 boxes in there and it can take a lil while for them all to load up. The wrong unpacking has only happend when ive been quick to hit unpack without letting the cattery load fully, more or less.

After the first time it happend I'm extremely thorough in checking its the right cat im unpacking, so my confidence is high that it's not me clicking the wrong cat
I watched Charm have the problem. I pointed out to her that the official position is all such occurrences are "user error." While she could not guarantee she clicked the correct box, she was pretty adamant she had. But, since she was not 100% sure it was not her error, we let it drop.

I know where, in the code, the error must be occurring. But, until Rocky's post I had no idea WHY it was occurring.

The observation about incomplete loading seems a likely culprit for the triggering event.

If so, it's not the size of the list but the speed at which the page FULLY loads (n.b.: not "starts to appear" .. not "appears on the screen" .. I mean FULLY as in all scripts, style sheets, and images, complete downloading and are processed by your web browser). On my Firefox, that means the cursor stops spinning and the messages ("Waiting .." "Transferring .." ... stuff like that) stop appearing on the bottom of my screen. Different versions or different browsers will have different hints.

Rocky's solution of waiting a good long time before clicking is good. Of course, it's not the best since it's easy to forget to wait; but it should work.

KC: Disable the new buttons for unpack, rename, menagerie boxes until [ document.readyState == "complete" ] should solve this.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's