Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Custom Collar Class
02-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Custom Collar Class
As the custom collars are popping all over the place I thought it might be nice to have a class to discuss the ins and outs of it, tips and tricks for those hard to nail designs and just some basics for those of us who are walking blindly. Either that or maybe have a google doc with these tips and examples kinda like Saga's docs are setup.

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Giuliana Verrazzano , fleakats Resident , Vamilia Vella
02-20-2013, 05:29 PM
RE: Custom Collar Class
Ooh, I haven't seen any custom collar classes, I'll have to start watching my notices for those. I suck at graphics so I'd love that.

I wonder if anyone makes pre-made collar textures that one can add their own text to, or if that's even possible? That would be cool for people like myself that can't draw but can add text to stuff LOL.

SagaKitty News and Updates Blog:
http://sagakitty.blogspot.ca/
Got Proofs? =^^=
Send full-perm textures/NCs/urls to SagaKitty in SL or email SagaKittySL@gmail.com
02-20-2013, 05:52 PM
If there is enough interest in something like this I can try to work something up.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2013, 07:11 PM
I'd like that too! It sure is fun to make the collars and would love some tips to help mine come out the way I want =o)

Nacht's Landing
ScratchN Shop
02-21-2013, 12:37 AM
Wonderful idea! I would totally sign up for this! Cool
02-21-2013, 09:19 AM
Yes! I would love this too! I have made a few collars using GIMP but it was very time consuming for a newb so some classes might really help me get back in the game!

[Image: 7884046580_9ba4a7cbb5_n.jpg]

Marketplace Store

United Catteries Store
02-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Oki let me see what I can plan out to put together a mini class for collar making. Unless someone else is interested in putting together one.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-22-2013, 03:17 AM
I would be interested too, I tried making a collar using gimp, but it came out SO basic hehehehe.. sign me up!!! Angel

This is where everyone has fancy stuff that I don't know how to do.. so.. umm.. Hi??..
02-22-2013, 08:07 AM
wow i had no idea there would be this amount of response to this topic, guess there were more curious people than i imagined. I'm wondering how we would make a class work so that even those of us whose voice ( stupid sl ) isn't working. I can't go to auctions anymore because my voice almost always doesn't work in the places i need it to, but i look forward to seeing what we can come up with for this class and then who knows what kinds of collars we will see out in the market.

Thank you guys and thank you KC team for allowing us to come together like this to help each other. Its things like this that make secondlife and KittyCats more than just a "game". We truly are a community and I am proud to be a part of it. If there is anything I can do to help with this endeavor please let me know and i will try my best. Thank you again everyone.

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
02-22-2013, 02:33 PM
If I have time on the set date I can record the class and put it on YouTube.
I wonder if there is any real time screensharing software which might be helpful to use for this class.
I can record both voice and screen with the software I have, Camtasia.
I'm not well informed about what type of real time screensharing software is available on the Internet.
What I do know is Vimeo has free screensharing software, not real time though, instructors can use to pre make a class and put it in on a video sharing site basically something like Camtasia.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)