Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Burmese Flame ( dominace)
12-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Burmese Flame ( dominace)
Just wondering where the burmese flame would fall on the dominace scale?
and what would the best fur be to pull this out ?
Anyone know...
Thanks
Mags
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 05:37 PM
RE: Burmese Flame ( dominace)
Check Saga's Google Docs for questions like this.

http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=2351

Saga has it about the same as an Ocicat Chocolate. I'd leave a bit of wiggle-room and use something a bit more recessive like a Chocolate Lynx or an Ocicat Blue. Anything in that range should do. You'll have 50/50 odds to produce another Burmese Flame.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2012, 06:47 PM
The little information I have is my Burmese Flame became visable by a pairing of a Burmese Flame with a Balinese Lilac.
Ofcourse the Balinese Lilac which allowed it to pass could have given a more recessive hidden.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

12-07-2012, 05:22 PM
So if i put two cats together .. That are BOTH BurmFlame OS... One being Bali cream lynx.. and the other Aby BS what do you think the possibilities would be .. Does it would like that with the os.. or would it be a 25% that way of getting it ?
12-08-2012, 07:49 AM
(12-07-2012 05:22 PM)Magnum Vaher Wrote:  So if i put two cats together .. That are BOTH BurmFlame OS... One being Bali cream lynx.. and the other Aby BS what do you think the possibilities would be .. Does it would like that with the os.. or would it be a 25% that way of getting it ?

Since the Burmese Flame is so new we have not really an idea where it stands in the dominance order.
I know Deerylou has a Burmese Flame from a starter maybe she can give you more info about it.
My Burmese Flame could stand the Bali Lilac and I don't know if the Lilac gave perhaps a more recessive hidden.
So it is pretty hard to say something senseful in this case sorry Smile
If more info is shared with Saga we will find it back in her Google Docs.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

12-08-2012, 04:41 PM
(12-08-2012 07:49 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(12-07-2012 05:22 PM)Magnum Vaher Wrote:  So if i put two cats together .. That are BOTH BurmFlame OS... One being Bali cream lynx.. and the other Aby BS what do you think the possibilities would be .. Does it would like that with the os.. or would it be a 25% that way of getting it ?

Since the Burmese Flame is so new we have not really an idea where it stands in the dominance order.
I know Deerylou has a Burmese Flame from a starter maybe she can give you more info about it.
My Burmese Flame could stand the Bali Lilac and I don't know if the Lilac gave perhaps a more recessive hidden.
So it is pretty hard to say something senseful in this case sorry Smile
If more info is shared with Saga we will find it back in her Google Docs.

The Burmese Flame is dominant to the blacksilver so your two OS bred together won't be able to pull the Flame as they're both showing something more recessive.

[Image: 3f95e9e5cad803e5fa7218c7805aa63b.png?1355006437]

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
12-08-2012, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 04:54 PM by Bea Shamrock.)

Are the Burmese Flame kitties siblings? What furs does the non-burmese flame parent show and hide? Can you see non-genesis furs in the Burmese Flame's parent parents (ie your kitties' grandparents on the burmese Flame side).

Edits to cancel the questions -Deer and I must have been typing at the same time Smile

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
12-08-2012, 08:11 PM

You wouldn't be able to pull out Burmese Flame from 2 Burmese Flame offspring that are Bali Cream and Aby BlackSilver.. Sorry

I have Burmese Flame starter, I submitted my pedigrees to Saga - Burmese Flame is recessive to Bengal Snow and Siamese Flame. So it's in the Ocicat Chocolate range - haven't bred it against one yet.
12-09-2012, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 07:32 AM by Magnum Vaher.)
(12-08-2012 08:11 PM)Brandon Dawson Wrote:  

You wouldn't be able to pull out Burmese Flame from 2 Burmese Flame offspring that are Bali Cream and Aby BlackSilver.. Sorry

I have Burmese Flame starter, I submitted my pedigrees to Saga - Burmese Flame is recessive to Bengal Snow and Siamese Flame. So it's in the Ocicat Chocolate range - haven't bred it against one yet.

Ok thanks... I guess this wont work then put ill post the pics of the cats peds and maybe you guys can tell me the best way .. the best way would be to go and buy one i guess.. but i cant afford it yet !!!
ahahahah Hey Brandon do you recognize this cat ! lol

Here is the second cat.... I guess this project is out the window hahahahaha

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-09-2012, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 04:29 PM by Brandon Dawson.)
(12-09-2012 07:22 AM)Magnum Vaher Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 08:11 PM)Brandon Dawson Wrote:  

Ok thanks... I guess this wont work then put ill post the pics of the cats peds and maybe you guys can tell me the best way .. the best way would be to go and buy one i guess.. but i cant afford it yet !!!
ahahahah Hey Brandon do you recognize this cat ! lol

Here is the second cat.... I guess this project is out the window hahahahaha

I didn't advertise this kitty hiding burmese flame or being the offspring of one, but I put it for sale for fairly cheap compared to most cream lynxes for a reason ><

contact me in-game and i'll try to help you with your burmese flame quest
 Thanks given by: Sanura Snowpaw

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)