Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

"My Cats", "Group" or "Anyone" choices for MATING suggestion
10-24-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: "My Cats", "Group" or "Anyone" choices for MATING suggestion
I don't know about the issue per se but this would be a totally appreciated feature none the less! I got two friends interested in breeding and now we have a house full of kitties that are breeding with each other and it would be much simpler if we were able to switch a kitty to say "group" or "anyone" then partner them with other people's cats who are similarly set and located nearby. It would be less hassle than either having to a) both be there to set the partners or b) handing the kitty over to someone else potentially jepordizing your ability to look at that kitties previous offspring/pedigree/whateva. There would be no chance of other people abusing your high love kitties as long as you keep them set to "My Cats."

[Image: 7884046580_9ba4a7cbb5_n.jpg]

Marketplace Store

United Catteries Store
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2012, 03:49 PM
(10-24-2012 01:25 PM)dakillakm Resident Wrote:  I don't know about the issue per se but this would be a totally appreciated feature none the less! I got two friends interested in breeding and now we have a house full of kitties that are breeding with each other and it would be much simpler if we were able to switch a kitty to say "group" or "anyone" then partner them with other people's cats who are similarly set and located nearby. It would be less hassle than either having to a) both be there to set the partners or b) handing the kitty over to someone else potentially jepordizing your ability to look at that kitties previous offspring/pedigree/whateva. There would be no chance of other people abusing your high love kitties as long as you keep them set to "My Cats."

Actually, i totally agree about this option. I have a joint breed situation where this would be infinitely useful. I was just wondering what the others were talking about with being scared to walk around with 100% cats and such.

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
10-24-2012, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 04:02 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(10-24-2012 03:49 PM)Liriel Garnet Wrote:  Actually, i totally agree about this option. I have a joint breed situation where this would be infinitely useful. I was just wondering what the others were talking about with being scared to walk around with 100% cats and such.

Sometimes I have such situation I buy a cat ready for luv to test a hidden of my own cat or something and I bring it home for a specific cat and oopsy it bred with an other unpartnered cat than I intended Undecided
Usually this is when the love shack kitties have access to milk why their stats i.e. happiness is optimal.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

10-24-2012, 04:09 PM
(10-24-2012 04:00 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 03:49 PM)Liriel Garnet Wrote:  Actually, i totally agree about this option. I have a joint breed situation where this would be infinitely useful. I was just wondering what the others were talking about with being scared to walk around with 100% cats and such.

Sometimes I have such situation I buy a cat ready for luv to test a hidden of my own cat or something and I bring it home for a specific cat and oopsy it bred with an other unpartnered cat than I intended Undecided
Usually this is when the love shack kitties have access to milk why their stats i.e. happiness is optimal.

Thank you, Kayleigh, this makes more sense now. I've had a few times when i've been partnering kitties that i moved them to gether, reset their home and started the partnering and poof a box as i'm finishing partnering and they're now partnered for another week that i hadn't intended.

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
10-24-2012, 04:34 PM
(10-24-2012 04:09 PM)Liriel Garnet Wrote:  Thank you, Kayleigh, this makes more sense now. I've had a few times when i've been partnering kitties that i moved them to gether, reset their home and started the partnering and poof a box as i'm finishing partnering and they're now partnered for another week that i hadn't intended.

yes those oopsy's are not so nice I wish they only breed if we partner them but Sara mentioned she had a friend who likes her cats to breed randomly I'm sure more like that.
It would be awesome if this was an optional setting we could have or something.

Retro Kitties Showroom »

10-24-2012, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 05:09 PM by Sara Franco.)
(10-24-2012 12:10 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 11:53 AM)Liriel Garnet Wrote:  I don't understand the issue here. Unless YOU have other cats horny and ready to go within the cat's range, there's no way they can mate. Kittycats owned by different people don't mate if they aren't explicitly paired, and that requires both owners to be present to agree to the pairing.

nods true kitties can only mate with kittens we own unless we give permission via a dialoge to breed them with a cat of someone else.
That's not my issue indeed.

Oh I didn't know that, Thanks for the info Smile Blush
(10-24-2012 12:41 PM)Bea Shamrock Wrote:  I'm glad Liri got here first

Not sure what you mean Angel

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales
10-24-2012, 07:27 PM
(10-24-2012 05:06 PM)Sara Franco Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 12:10 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 11:53 AM)Liriel Garnet Wrote:  I don't understand the issue here. Unless YOU have other cats horny and ready to go within the cat's range, there's no way they can mate. Kittycats owned by different people don't mate if they aren't explicitly paired, and that requires both owners to be present to agree to the pairing.

nods true kitties can only mate with kittens we own unless we give permission via a dialoge to breed them with a cat of someone else.
That's not my issue indeed.

Oh I didn't know that, Thanks for the info Smile Blush
(10-24-2012 12:41 PM)Bea Shamrock Wrote:  I'm glad Liri got here first

Not sure what you mean Angel

Nothing beyond what it says, really. I would have explained the same thing, but Liri wrote it first and probably more clearly, so I didn't have to do it Smile

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
10-24-2012, 07:38 PM
(10-24-2012 07:27 PM)Bea Shamrock Wrote:  Nothing beyond what it says, really. I would have explained the same thing, but Liri wrote it first and probably more clearly, so I didn't have to do it Smile

Thanks Smile Don't worry I wasn't going to bite you Angel, was just going to use my Voodoo stick Big GrinBig Grin.

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales
10-25-2012, 06:29 AM
I have had to train myself to change the range on my kitties when I put them on the love shack - had a few long-range illicit love affairs when I dont remember Smile
Our kitties are soooooo lifelike.. give em an inch, they take a mile Smile
10-25-2012, 06:35 AM
(10-25-2012 06:29 AM)Wytchie Resident Wrote:  I have had to train myself to change the range on my kitties when I put them on the love shack - had a few long-range illicit love affairs when I dont remember Smile
Our kitties are soooooo lifelike.. give em an inch, they take a mile Smile

Rofl!
That is so funny long-range love affairs is what they are good in indeed Smile

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Thanks given by: Wytchie Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)