Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Any Idea the standing of the Bengal Tawny yet?
10-11-2012, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2012 08:37 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: Any Idea the standing of the Bengal Tawny yet?
(10-11-2012 07:28 AM)devilness chant Wrote:  After going threw my pedigree I kinda kick myself for nuking all my old boxes. I have one sorrell from a starter with like no traits. lol One of those oh but someday I will open it to see if it hides anything. I have millions of aby b/s b snows, and balis. >.< I've been moving traits down from the snows so all my breeding plans revolved around recessive. Oh well I now have a reason to find a nice sorrell I do miss them most.

And I now have two reasons to get the sorrell. I just got a Foxie yesterday! woohoo! lol
Congrats on the foxy yay!!!
Project make the Bengal Tawny pure has some slow improvements.
A one traiter domino our starters gave me.
Mine is a gen Diamond II and yours a Domino II and since Diamond II is dominant to Domino II we have a start here.
Sadly they gave me no other traits besides mysterious whiskers and the genesis earth eye which is dominant to sunshine but this domino might hide traits I can't see and maybe even an eye:-)

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Hamilton Lecker , Devilness Chant
10-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Congrats on the foxy yay!!!
Project make the Bengal Tawny pure has some slow improvements.
A one traiter domino our starters gave me.
Mine is a gen Diamond II and yours a Domino II and since Diamond II is dominant to Domino II we have a start here.
Sadly they gave me no other traits besides mysterious whiskers and the genesis earth eye which is dominant to sunshine but this domino might hide traits I can't see and maybe even an eye:-)
[/quote]

We'll get em! Maybe next week they will pass it and some traits. I'm not worried about the traits since we know they're there somewhere, hiding in their evil ways. rofl
Once we get the furs we can deal with traits later. Bad thing is all my traits are in my recessive furs! rofl Guess I'll have to stop trying for the new furs and shoot for some new traits in the starters. They will be happy to live a little longer I'm sure. But this will be really hard for me. I am obsessed with breeding starters for furs. I think I went threw 13 out of like 24 vday kitties just looking for new furs. Either that or I'll be breeding a lot more starters at a time. I don't think I can give up my obsession. To me the fur is the canvas, the traits we put on them make the art. That's why i never went crazy to get a 9t, but to get the traits I want on that canvas.
Ty for the congrats on the Foxie Smile And ty to Sax for giving me two sweet Sorrells to breed for the pure furs. Smile You guys are awesome and I'm really lucky to have such wonderful friends. Heart
(sorry to get all mushy and stuff been sick and on meds rofl) I'll try not to post much till I"m off the meds) Tongue

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
10-12-2012, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2012 08:55 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(10-12-2012 08:37 AM)devilness chant Wrote:  (sorry to get all mushy and stuff been sick and on meds rofl) I'll try not to post much till I"m off the meds) Tongue

Awww get well soon dear Heart
And euhm we get that Tawny rolling even if I have to use the worst and you know what that is huh?
Your voodoo doll on a stick that will teach them Exclamation Dodgy

Retro Kitties Showroom »

10-12-2012, 08:37 PM
I've looked at that stick close up and it makes me want to pass a perfect kitty! Confused

10-13-2012, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2012 11:29 PM by MsCasey Baily.)
I bred my collab with a snow and with an oci cin both pulled the tawny. I did finally get a pure tawny breeding a tawny with a snow dad and a tawny with the oci cin dad. I have boxes from other breedings but I am just getting around to that project to see if they pull tawny from the boxes showing snow or above, but at a guess the tawny is lost. I don't have anything less recessive then the cinnamon silver but I might get something to give it a try.
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
10-14-2012, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2012 09:01 AM by Devilness Chant.)
(10-13-2012 11:27 PM)MsCasey Baily Wrote:  I bred my collab with a snow and with an oci cin both pulled the tawny. I did finally get a pure tawny breeding a tawny with a snow dad and a tawny with the oci cin dad. I have boxes from other breedings but I am just getting around to that project to see if they pull tawny from the boxes showing snow or above, but at a guess the tawny is lost. I don't have anything less recessive then the cinnamon silver but I might get something to give it a try.

It is a challenge since a lot of us have planned our breeding to go down the recessive list for so long. Now we have to learn new things to breed up.
That's why I'm going with the Bengal Sorrell. I always loved them and really have missed them. And since they are higher on the list, I think they will work well.
It's still the same theory to get a pure. Put a higher end kitty with a starter in the hopes of getting the furs thrown back and the right sex.
I wish you lots of luck on your kitties MsCasey! I know we can all do it, just takes time.

10-14-2012, 12:44 PM
(10-14-2012 09:00 AM)devilness chant Wrote:  It is a challenge since a lot of us have planned our breeding to go down the recessive list for so long. Now we have to learn new things to breed up.
That is one of the reasons I'm letting both by Collar88 stay partnered. I now know what both are hiding and once I confirm I have some genesis babies hiding the tawny I can breed together in order to get a pure fur going.

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-15-2012, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2012 10:43 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(10-14-2012 12:44 PM)Serena Stroikavskoi Wrote:  That is one of the reasons I'm letting both by Collar88 stay partnered. I now know what both are hiding and once I confirm I have some genesis babies hiding the tawny I can breed together in order to get a pure fur going.

I'm very curious how your pure Bengal projects evolves it seems such a pretty fur to have in our cattery to work with in all kinds of projects Smile
Dev, I just gave our starters meds, they struggled some but gave up their fight fairly fast Smile

Retro Kitties Showroom »

10-15-2012, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2012 04:58 PM by Serena Stroikavskoi.)
(10-15-2012 10:39 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(10-14-2012 12:44 PM)Serena Stroikavskoi Wrote:  That is one of the reasons I'm letting both by Collar88 stay partnered. I now know what both are hiding and once I confirm I have some genesis babies hiding the tawny I can breed together in order to get a pure fur going.

I'm very curious how your pure Bengal projects evolves it seems such a pretty fur to have in our cattery to work with in all kinds of projects Smile
Dev, I just gave our starters meds, they struggled some but gave up their fight fairly fast Smile

I wish mine would!

While I"m happy to say that my smokeys have been quite cooperative my domino's decided are not, the little brats. They decided to play hide and seek. I keep telling them they are going to make me go find my own voodoo stick. Of course it's the first box for each side.

I now know that I have this kitty waiting somewhere down the line as a true pure kitty.

Fur: Bengal - Tawny
Eyes: Beach Blue (Mysterious|Small)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Boo Boo
Ears: Big Boo Boo
Whiskers: White (Mysterious)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-15-2012, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2012 05:56 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(10-15-2012 04:57 PM)Serena Stroikavskoi Wrote:  I wish mine would!

While I"m happy to say that my smokeys have been quite cooperative my domino's decided are not, the little brats. They decided to play hide and seek. I keep telling them they are going to make me go find my own voodoo stick. Of course it's the first box for each side.

I now know that I have this kitty waiting somewhere down the line as a true pure kitty.

Fur: Bengal - Tawny
Eyes: Beach Blue (Mysterious|Small)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Boo Boo
Ears: Big Boo Boo
Whiskers: White (Mysterious)

LOL ask Dev she has an amazingly effective Voodoo stick I'm sure she wants to give it to you Big Grin
You got to love their bratty nature of absolutely not willing to coorporate!
But OMG your Tawny to be is just awesome!

I did some maths and odds and I think I figured it out Cool

Retro Kitties Showroom »

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)