Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Off-Cattery Kitties Stats online?
10-12-2012, 12:13 PM
RE: Off-Cattery Kitties Stats online?
This would be great to have.

But, somehow, I think what we have here is what we sometimes call "inversion". By that, I mean, the process was probably coded, first, into the in-world objects. Then, later, the process was implemented, again, for the on-line Cattery.

So, to get it working, KittyCatS would need to move responsibility from the in-world cats to the web-based Cattery. There are conditions and considerations which might make that problematic. For example, how would customers react if, for some reason, say a network failure in Houston, where Linden Labs has some equipment, and, as a result, some (or all) of the in-world cats were 'stuck' .. not aging, not gaining love, not producing nests, until that "third party" failure was corrected?

Many of these considerations are not, strictly speaking, technical in nature. More likely, they need to be considered more from the management's point of view for such issues as perceived effects upon players, and their effect upon customer service and relations.

As a result, while this feature would certainly be Very Nice to have, it seems unlikely, to me, we'll see it any time soon.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Hamilton Lecker
11-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Bump Angel

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales
Find all posts by this user
11-29-2012, 10:50 AM
*bump*

Trying to get a paper written and I REALLY shouldn't go in world and get all distracted but I need to know what love percentages some kitties are at! Please KC, help me be a less distracted student Big Grin

[Image: 7884046580_9ba4a7cbb5_n.jpg]

Marketplace Store

United Catteries Store
11-29-2012, 11:00 AM
(11-29-2012 10:50 AM)dakillakm Resident Wrote:  *bump*

Trying to get a paper written and I REALLY shouldn't go in world and get all distracted but I need to know what love percentages some kitties are at! Please KC, help me be a less distracted student Big Grin

awww yes pleaaaaase help her! Big Grin

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales
11-30-2012, 10:55 PM
I add my vote to this request. Great idea!

Alori (aka AnnLorene)
 Thanks given by: dakillakm Resident
07-27-2013, 10:29 AM
bump Wink

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)