Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Kitten Twins?
08-02-2012, 11:22 PM
RE: Kitten Twins?
(08-02-2012 09:17 PM)Soleil Jolbey Wrote:  
(07-29-2012 01:03 AM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  Ohh so lucky!! I have yet to have twins but I have seen them and know there are two kinds identical & non-identical. From my understanding in the identical twins they are also the same sex.

Hi Sanura,

We did have identical twins and they were actually a pair. A boy and a girl Smile
Ohh wow very interesting! I had always thought identical meant same traits & sex.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2012, 10:35 AM
(08-02-2012 11:22 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  
(08-02-2012 09:17 PM)Soleil Jolbey Wrote:  
(07-29-2012 01:03 AM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  Ohh so lucky!! I have yet to have twins but I have seen them and know there are two kinds identical & non-identical. From my understanding in the identical twins they are also the same sex.

Hi Sanura,

We did have identical twins and they were actually a pair. A boy and a girl Smile
Ohh wow very interesting! I had always thought identical meant same traits & sex.

Sanura, in the real world you would be 100% correct, it would be same traits AND sex, because they come from the fertilized egg splitting into two offspring with 100% the same genetics, including their xy or xx chromosome combination. I was like you and I assumed that they were following the real world rules of Identical Twins, but it looks like we are bending the rules in this life a little and it actually works to our advantage in some cases. So cool to find this information out. Either way still looking forward to birthing my own set someday.

Aisling MacMoragh

Please feel free to contact me with questions.

[Image: 7818447284_3feaa5cda4_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
08-20-2012, 08:52 AM
(07-11-2012 08:23 PM)Soleil Jolbey Wrote:  I did not realize we could get a box with kitten twins? Anyone else got that before?

Congrats on getting your kitty Twins,I also have that surprise,I got two boys,1 a Toy the other Normal size Smile
08-21-2012, 06:15 PM
(08-20-2012 08:52 AM)DrusillaRose Resident Wrote:  
(07-11-2012 08:23 PM)Soleil Jolbey Wrote:  I did not realize we could get a box with kitten twins? Anyone else got that before?

Congrats on getting your kitty Twins,I also have that surprise,I got two boys,1 a Toy the other Normal size Smile

Oh this is also not a combination I have seen before, the different sizes in twins. HOW COOL!!!! Does your box look the same as any other twin box? How bout in image mode? Would you be willing to share pictures of your normal sized and mini-me twins in image mode and box mode?

Congrats!

Aisling MacMoragh

Please feel free to contact me with questions.

[Image: 7818447284_3feaa5cda4_n.jpg]
08-21-2012, 11:08 PM
(08-21-2012 06:15 PM)Aisling MacMoragh Wrote:  
(08-20-2012 08:52 AM)DrusillaRose Resident Wrote:  

Oh this is also not a combination I have seen before, the different sizes in twins. HOW COOL!!!! Does your box look the same as any other twin box? How bout in image mode? Would you be willing to share pictures of your normal sized and mini-me twins in image mode and box mode?

Well I was surprised at the size differences myself ,when they arrived both were shown on the pedigree as arriving,however only one of the boxes was actually delivered to me..I had to send in a ticket to find out what happened to the other box's where abouts. It was returned to me and was different fur and size to the 1st one (also I noticed they have the same ID the other day) So I'm wondering if they were mixed up somehow ,I waited to unpack them both as one has better traits than the other one does. The best way is to show you what's on the pedigree.
mom
? Mistyfalls
? 53
Cattery

Fur: American Shorthair - Silver Tabby
Eyes: Gerbera Pink (Curious|Big)
Shade: Glitter
Tail: Plush
Ears: Curious
Whiskers: Silver (Guitar)
Size: Normal

Owner: DrusillaRose Resident
Dad
? Spring
? 140

fUn fLoWer - Garden Green
Fur: Genesis - Smokey II
Eyes: Genesis Earth (Curious|Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis

ID: 3dd3b98d-acb4-d219-7def-00d4a24c5609
and here are the OS

? Vincent
? 12
Cattery

Fur: Snowshoe - Bluepoint
Eyes: Gerbera Pink (Mysterious|Big)
Ears: Mysterious
Size: Toy

ID: b9049095-c1df-7853-94ea-61986c195e96

? Julius
? 4
Cattery

Fur: American Shorthair - Silver Tabby
Eyes: Genesis Earth (Curious|Big)
Ears: Mysterious

ID: b9049095-c1df-7853-94ea-61986c195e96
I'm interested to know what you think too as I myself was and still am a bit amazed at having them Smile

Congrats!
08-22-2012, 08:44 AM
I got a set of identical twins this morning! my first ones! when I click on "Image" it showed 2 pictures. 2 pretty girls, Bengal sorells with blueberry eyes & plushy tails. I have a couple of kitties who will hit 120 soon, then I'll be able to unpack them. can't wait!
08-22-2012, 08:53 AM
(08-22-2012 08:44 AM)Sena Nansen Wrote:  I got a set of identical twins this morning! my first ones! when I click on "Image" it showed 2 pictures. 2 pretty girls, Bengal sorells with blueberry eyes & plushy tails. I have a couple of kitties who will hit 120 soon, then I'll be able to unpack them. can't wait!

Congrats on your Twin Kitties.. But can you please tell me if they have different Id to eachother?
08-22-2012, 10:20 AM
I haven't unpacked them, but the images are linked so they have the same ID # now. I'm sure once they're born, they'll have different ones.

I looked on the pedigree page & each kitty has a different # (30 & 31).
08-22-2012, 04:02 PM
They would have to have different ID#'s otherwise they would show as duplicates in the system.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-22-2012, 06:02 PM
(08-22-2012 04:02 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  They would have to have different ID#'s otherwise they would show as duplicates in the system.

Ok thanx for that ,however mine both share the same ID.. hmmm.Puzzling they don't show up as a duplicate.. They are both in my cattery growing normally,strange. When I go into SL later I will rezz them both and see what happens then.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)