Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Pedigree Suggestion
07-09-2012, 09:52 PM
RE: Pedigree Suggestion
(07-09-2012 11:49 AM)Wytchie Resident Wrote:  I had started a thread similar to this wanting this very thing Saga! It would allow us more precision in applying the hidden/recessive traits. By the time you go back 4 or 5 generations, that's a lot of hidden stuff! And yes, some place to write notes in your pedigrees on your kitties would be wonderful too, while we are asking for things!
I don't really have an opinion on the privacy issue - the cats I breed all have a tag. it was pointed out to me earlier though that some people may not want to reveal their 'recipe' for 'making' great cats.. while I understood the reason behind the comment, I cant say that I agree with it. I am fairly new to KittyCatS so I'm sure others have experienced things that I have yet to experience. I've even looked at software for real kitties and genome databases but we have so many variable traits that it would be difficult to use. And yes, the idea of a cold rainy night spent poring over the pedigrees of kitties and planning your 'dream kitty' sounds like heaven to me Smile
I'd simply like to be able to make more considered choices when pairing my kitties Smile
I'd also love to be able to see what my kitties go on and do! I vote for the extended pedigree!

My issue on the privacy is not for the "recipe" reason. It's for a personal one, I have issues with IM's from nowhere going "Heey wassup!" lol, that's why for me it's a grey area. Because I know for certain things in SL I have to show that I am on to everyone in SL.. for certain things I have to let personal information out so people will know or to create conversations. That's why the area is so grey for me and I deal with it as I can Smile

I'm a kitty in a bottle, gotta rub me the right way. (sing to Genie In A Bottle)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2012, 03:01 PM
I see no problem with the owner names being included int he pedigree. However, I would LOVE to be able to look back into my cats' pedigree as far as I want, rather than be able to only see cats I own. This is especially true if I sell a cat. Considering I bred it in the first place, I get frustrated when I can't look back again through this cat's pedigree. You can't fake a pedigree, so I see no reason why we can't go all the way back if we want.

Windy
07-25-2012, 08:22 AM
would like too see the whole pedigree for all the cats Smile
don't care about privacy option, but if some people feel needing this feature agree also for that one Smile
07-26-2012, 07:20 AM
(07-01-2012 10:17 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  but I have seen people buying a cat for cheap and then trying to turn around and sell it to make more money. I remember one quite well the day before someone bought a cat for 6K and the next day had it in another auction with a starting bid of 30K.

Indeed!! Having the names in the pedigree info is helpful when trying to catch unscrupulous re-sellers, people with alts that grab auction panels for themselves, etc.

Also, on several occasions I've gone back in a pedigree to see who had a grandparent or whatever to ask them more information about the cat's hidden traits, and that has helped me determine what my cat might be passing. My breeding projects would be severely hindered if I couldn't get this information.

I understand the privacy issue, but this is SL, there's NO privacy anywhere LOL It's only your avatar name anyway; it's not your real name or your IP address or anything. Smile

SagaKitty News and Updates Blog:
http://sagakitty.blogspot.ca/
Got Proofs? =^^=
Send full-perm textures/NCs/urls to SagaKitty in SL or email SagaKittySL@gmail.com
 Thanks given by: Dimpz Morane
07-26-2012, 07:37 AM
(07-26-2012 07:20 AM)Wendi Lavendel Wrote:  
(07-01-2012 10:17 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  but I have seen people buying a cat for cheap and then trying to turn around and sell it to make more money. I remember one quite well the day before someone bought a cat for 6K and the next day had it in another auction with a starting bid of 30K.

Indeed!! Having the names in the pedigree info is helpful when trying to catch unscrupulous re-sellers, people with alts that grab auction panels for themselves, etc.

Also, on several occasions I've gone back in a pedigree to see who had a grandparent or whatever to ask them more information about the cat's hidden traits, and that has helped me determine what my cat might be passing. My breeding projects would be severely hindered if I couldn't get this information.

I understand the privacy issue, but this is SL, there's NO privacy anywhere LOL It's only your avatar name anyway; it's not your real name or your IP address or anything. Smile

Actually My avatar name is very similar to my Real name. Just a few discrepancies here and there.
07-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Well KittyCatS! just put out a feature of if you want to see a sex of a box you had to put a check mark in there.. Why not do the same thing with a you name in the pedigree. Have it default to blank but if you a Breeder/Seller do not mind having your name out there then go in to "My Account" and then click the box that says Yes please show my name on pedigree boxes. simple as that.. you see who does not want to be seen and who does. I for one don't mind my name out there

Rayne Morningstar
Auctioneer at Too Adorable
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Si...e/37/98/21
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
07-26-2012, 03:15 PM
I think that is a great idea and probably easy to implement Rayne! Thanks!

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
07-26-2012, 05:10 PM
What a great idea! I have barely even started and I already wish we had this option. Even trying to copy the grandparents/parents info to use for records gets aggravating when the system thinks you are trying to view that cat's pedigree. I've found it especially frustrating when two kitties are both carrying the same visible trait as the offspring so you have no earthly idea what they could be hiding (although I guess this is a fun little surprise for some). I also definitely agree with Rayne and was thinking of something similar as I read through. Perhaps the system could be set as default not showing the owner's name and if you happen to be the kind of person who doesn't mind getting questions or contact from breeders further down your lineage then you could opt in to show your name. Setting the default to not show will ensure the best privacy for those who may not know about the settings but wouldn't want their names shown.
07-29-2012, 01:05 PM
(07-26-2012 07:37 AM)Pounceable Resident Wrote:  Actually My avatar name is very similar to my Real name. Just a few discrepancies here and there.

Well, I think if someone was concerned with privacy in SL they wouldn't make their SL name similar to their real name LOL Smile My SL name is also similar to my real name and my RL info is in my profile (work related). If I wish for privacy, I have another account that I use with no information at all about my RL name or info. I guess if I was concerned with privacy on the pedigree, I'd just pass a cat to that other account and breed it out a few generations. Seems like a lot of effort, though; I don't really care who sees what I'm doing with my cats. Smile

SagaKitty News and Updates Blog:
http://sagakitty.blogspot.ca/
Got Proofs? =^^=
Send full-perm textures/NCs/urls to SagaKitty in SL or email SagaKittySL@gmail.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)