Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Definitions please
06-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Definitions please
I'm still new to KittyCats and jumping around on the forum has been very helpful as well as finding Saga's docs on traits and such (thank you Saga Big Grin) but I am also getting confused by some of the terms I keep seeing when breeders are talking or sharing their stories. One word I keep seeing is "back breeding" and I'm curious as to what exactly that means. Which brings me to another point, suggestion or whatever else someone may call it. I know KittyCats does a fine job on handing out a "welcome newcomers" kit of notecards and such and I'm thinking maybe they could be updated with some more in depth info like where to find Saga's docs and definitions for words newcomers are bound to see; like I didn't know what OS/os was for while and yet I kept seeing it tossed around when describing a cat or the shorthand used for the furs on cats. Please do not misunderstand this post, it is not a rant or bash or meant to be anything negative, it is simply the input of a newcomer who has been wonderfully helped by a loving community and is just sharing some ideas for new breeders that would make the experience even more enjoyable from the start. Thank you again to you all for your insight and the time and work everybody puts into everything wonderful here at KittyCats. You guys rock Big Grin

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kitty Otoole
06-17-2012, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2012 02:07 PM by anna Acanthus.)
RE: Definitions please
Hi tatiana,
A breed back is essentially the pairing of an offspring with it's parent or grandparent in order to see what is hidden or try to pull certain traits back out. Another term we use for this is "kittycsest " Big Grin.
You are right, it's a good idea to get a NC together with some basic introductory terms as breeding is complicated enough to understand as it is, without being confused like this.
Please do ask in group if you don't understand something, we all started somewhere and no-one will take the mickey, and if they do they'll soon get shot down hehe.
Happy breeding Smile
 Thanks given by: GhostCollective Resident , Kitty Otoole
06-17-2012, 03:44 PM
(06-17-2012 02:05 PM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Hi tatiana,
A breed back is essentially the pairing of an offspring with it's parent or grandparent in order to see what is hidden or try to pull certain traits back out. Another term we use for this is "kittycsest " Big Grin.
You are right, it's a good idea to get a NC together with some basic introductory terms as breeding is complicated enough to understand as it is, without being confused like this.
Please do ask in group if you don't understand something, we all started somewhere and no-one will take the mickey, and if they do they'll soon get shot down hehe.
Happy breeding Smile

Thank you for your response, I thought that was what it meant. I have found nothing but sweetness and helpful faces here on the forum and in-world, which I greatly appreciate. Its makes entering into the adventures of breeding and owning my beautiful cats (which is good since I am unable to own them in RL due to asthma)
Again thank you and happy breeding to you as well. Big Grin Heart

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
06-17-2012, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2012 12:32 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Sounds so much like obvious questions and needs we could easily forget we asked those questions once ourselves as well!
Would be cool indeed if the KC staff includes a link in their notecard to Saga's Google documentation because these are so needed to even come close to understand this whole breeding and genes system.
Nice to see you reach out with suggestions in how it would be easier to integrate as a new breeder :-)
And welcome to KittyCatS Smile

P.S I Heart cats so bad as well but can't have them either due to allergic reactions.
Yes, KittyCatS sure cure a lot of that because I sure miss a bugger like that in my real home!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

06-17-2012, 09:49 PM
We have also started the mentor program and you are more then welcome to sign up

To Apply to be a mentor - http://bit.ly/KCMentorApp

To Apply to become a mentee - http://bit.ly/MenteeApp

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire
06-23-2012, 02:36 AM
I do understand Tatiana completely, the more because my natal language is not english and therefor its more difficult to understand some expressions. Although i learned a lot from the superb kittycats community, there are still some shortcuts i do not understand or did forgot what the meaning was.
06-23-2012, 12:21 PM
(06-23-2012 02:36 AM)Uzion Shim Wrote:  I do understand Tatiana completely, the more because my natal language is not english and therefor its more difficult to understand some expressions. Although i learned a lot from the superb kittycats community, there are still some shortcuts i do not understand or did forgot what the meaning was.

Oh yes I understand that:-)
Feel free to ask away!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

06-23-2012, 07:54 PM
(06-17-2012 09:49 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  We have also started the mentor program and you are more then welcome to sign up

To Apply to be a mentor - http://bit.ly/KCMentorApp

To Apply to become a mentee - http://bit.ly/MenteeApp

if you go to the location on the Too Addorable sim where you can learn more about the mentoring program they have a folder you can get that has tons of Note Cards in it with great information for new breeders. Saga's information as well as tons more stuff.
06-24-2012, 03:35 AM
Hello, and Welcome!
Here is the link to the location on Too Adorable --> http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/To.../245/32/21

Adorable Pets a KittyCatS Breedable Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)