Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

KittyCatS Mentor Program
08-12-2012, 10:58 AM
RE: KittyCatS Mentor Program
I was suggesting a solution to a problem. The inability to manage groups was not my focus. The ability to have a central location/platform to concentrate questions, answers, and sharing breeding information was. Let me explain and see maybe if someone else can add or enhance to it. Even if it was section on the forums here or a separate site. The addicts group is awesome, and I love it however you can step away for one second and suddenly look up and 40 people have said something. Questions people ask get lost in the chat all the time. It's more social than anything else. Which is as it should be. It's fun to join the chat and talk to others and see what they are up to.

The problem seems to be that more men-tees is needing mentors. Because of the shortage I was offering a short term solution, because if I was absolutely confident in my breeding theories I would be happy to volunteer. It would be outgrown I'm sure once enough mentors was out there to support the demand.

A lot of people learn visually and just asking questions is sometimes not enough and they need visual aid, which is why I would love to go to the classes. I don't think the general addicts group would appreciate being spammed with a lot of pedigrees which is my suggestion for a separate group or forum outlet.

I thought with group notices, which I thought a group already exist for breeders, it would be easy to post questions, maybe even a pedigree (with parentage maybe linked to a picture) and get answers that way. If it was supported enough I would even put a web forum up dedicated to just posting breeder questions and pictures of the lineage.

I don't want to offend anyone and I know the first thought is "Not another group" but people want to learn and not all can learn what they need by just asking a question. That is usually why some questions are repeated by the same person continuously. They need that visual aid, I happen to be one of those when it comes to I need both. I've asked the questions and understand about genes and it all makes sense, but seeing it in my breeding projects is a whole new "click" in my head as to what works.

Now that I probably have offended someone and had to much to say I'll go back to my cattery.

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kendrah Vantelli , Sara Franco
08-12-2012, 01:40 PM
I like your suggestion Serena.
A group I would love to assign for to help as I can because I lack time to become a mentor as I work in Second Life as well.
A help group would make it easier to help out with questions without having to commit to become a mentor as I can help out when I have time in between stuff Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Serena Stroikavskoi
08-12-2012, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2012 02:03 PM by Nenya Eun.)
I haven't been offended by anything you said, Serena & am sorry if you felt I have.

I was just pointing out that, as one of the mentors, a new group was not the best option for me.

Co-owner of TraitS R uS
[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]
Friendly KittyCatS market & auction site. French, English, Spanish, Dutch, German spoken
 Thanks given by: Serena Stroikavskoi , Sara Franco
08-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Nenya, I wasn't, I thought I might have with the mention of groups. I know how frustrating they can be.. I have quite a few I am in turned to just notices. Just trying to come up with some alternatives. I was thinking of maybe a creative way to use groups or even a forum dedicated just to breeding. Groups to me with notice ability would work for some, while while maybe a forum would work.

Just throwing some ideas around..

A suggestion here might trigger a thought somewhere that will develop into a full blown plan.

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
08-12-2012, 06:57 PM
We had considered a group but knowing how tight group space can be we thought that wouldn't be in the best interest of everyone.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
08-13-2012, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2012 09:28 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(08-12-2012 06:57 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  We had considered a group but knowing how tight group space can be we thought that wouldn't be in the best interest of everyone.

Understandable, yes!
If I only take the kitty groups I could and really want to be a member of I have to be selective.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

08-13-2012, 09:43 AM
(08-12-2012 01:40 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  I like your suggestion Serena.
A group I would love to assign for to help as I can because I lack time to become a mentor as I work in Second Life as well.
A help group would make it easier to help out with questions without having to commit to become a mentor as I can help out when I have time in between stuff Smile

I totally agree, and interested in being in the group, something like this would be fun!
And I have extra room for Groups too!!
So which one of you girls are making the group? Please invite me too it.
I can help promote it also on my sims.

Adorable Pets a KittyCatS Breedable Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks
08-13-2012, 09:52 AM
(08-12-2012 02:06 AM)Nenya Eun Wrote:  Especially as all questions are more than welcome and answered in the official KittyCatS Addicts group. Smile

I have to respectfully disagree here. YES the kittycats group is AWESOME. Yes everyone is helpful on maintaining kittycats, where to get things, where to go when SL borks them. But the mentorship program is so much MORE than that.

Mentors are helping mentees with one to one breeding help, organizing catteries, explaining specifically about breeding with the cats the mentee ALREADY has not how to breed in general. So, yes a seperate forum or group might be an additional tool. Don't discount so quickly a solution or suggestion just because personally you are maxxed out on groups. I don't see why a seperate forum room couldn't be helpful here and that involves no groups. But then again, group chatting is easy and quick way to access all the mentors not just your own.

Heart Chelle Heart
 Thanks given by: Kendrah Vantelli
08-13-2012, 09:53 AM
lolol

Co-owner of TraitS R uS
[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]
Friendly KittyCatS market & auction site. French, English, Spanish, Dutch, German spoken
08-13-2012, 09:57 AM
(08-13-2012 09:53 AM)Nenya Eun Wrote:  lolol

Im glad I amuse you. Tongue But that actually might be a good idea. I think Ill ask Callie or Kitten. They are huge supporters of ways to involve people in kittycats that have little to do with monetary gain.

Wow great idea Serena. Let's see if we can get that going!

Heart Chelle Heart
 Thanks given by: Kendrah Vantelli

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)