Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New most recessive tail - Flair
01-17-2023, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2023 04:43 AM by Eleanor8 Resident.)
Rainbow New most recessive tail - Flair
Well, this was a bit of a surprise.

I'd thought I'd only tested both parents as far as Superposh - and this was last kitten and I'm bored - give up - out, turns out I'd tested the mother against Sassy Swank last week and I got a Sassy Swank kitten back. Which makes the tail recessive to Sassy Swank and a new most recessive.

It's under a special kitten costume but Flair tail is on the Wintercorns costume (thanks to Sandy for pointing that out).

[Image: 3b18bd247aa921216fb8c89688d25289.png]

[Image: f309741ff7988e5eec86e2d4908bb3f5.png]

[Image: 488a619b24b2bb32ad5b56facf301ce6.png]

I've now got Flair tail off another cat, and it's on a kitten where you can see the tail.

[Image: 1f9fb2072ae8c5a79b4926547f24fc9b.png]

Heart Eleanor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock , Barry Ballyhoo , Songdog Woolley , LittleMe Jewell , Flair Daxeline , Belletriss Parker , Diego Savagard , Ivy Norsk , Julinah Resident , Nicholai Shepherd , Jolita Korobase , Priestess Firanelli , sanitaikomachi Resident
01-18-2023, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2023 03:41 AM by MitsuruKirijo06 Resident.)
RE: New most recessive tail - Flair
Sorry I just don't quite see it. The boy collection cat could be hiding the new tail and the mother collection cat Sassy Swank. Do you have more proofs showing that the boy collection cat is hiding a different tail other than Flair? I also think that in order for this new tail to be most recessive both parents would have to be hiding it and we know the mother hides at least sassy swank or more recessive.Seems the odds are more likely that Flair is dominate to Sassy Swank but I could be wrong.
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , Eleanor8 Resident , LittleMe Jewell , Bea Shamrock
01-18-2023, 06:27 AM
RE: Possible New most recessive tail - Flair
With the benefit of a few hours sleep, I think you are right.

We got a bit ahead of ourselves last night seeing history repeating itself (first sight of the then brand new most recessive Fluffy under the special kitten) where we don't have confirmation.

I need the proof of the boy against Sassy Swank or the brand new kitten against Sassy Swank.

I've only got the boy up to making Super Posh against Super Posh so far. He's getting a new Sassy Swank mate today, so hopefully within the next couple of weeks we will have the proof we need.

[Image: 63bb85defeaf67f47b0e769c8bd28ae1.png]

Heart Eleanor
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock , Songdog Woolley , LittleMe Jewell , Flair Daxeline , AstridSolace Resident , Arcadiamyst Resident , Barry Ballyhoo
01-24-2023, 10:40 PM
Congrats Eleanor, nice find
01-28-2023, 12:39 PM
Did you ever breed either of the two kids to see if you pull the tail back out per chance?
 Thanks given by: Arcadiamyst Resident , Bea Shamrock , xSarahx Starlight
02-23-2023, 01:04 PM
Eleanor, were your Santa kitties in their original packaging until December 22, so they could have picked up the tail on opening the box? Or were they opened in 2021 which means the tail has been around over a year and missed?
02-24-2023, 01:38 AM
The Santa cats making the Flair tail were both opened directly from their vendor packaging on the 11th December 2022, which was two days after the release of the Winter 2022 collections.

And finally, I have the proof I needed, Santa Daddy has finally cooperated and passed his hidden tail. And I have a Sassy Swank kitten. Which must make Flair recessive to Sassy Swank.

[Image: 325713e132e138e2ebcec70720585025.png]

Heart Eleanor
 Thanks given by: MitsuruKirijo06 Resident , Arcadiamyst Resident , Bea Shamrock , Songdog Woolley , LittleMe Jewell
02-24-2023, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2023 02:17 AM by MitsuruKirijo06 Resident.)
(02-24-2023 01:38 AM)Eleanor8 Resident Wrote:  The Santa cats making the Flair tail were both opened directly from their vendor packaging on the 11th December 2022, which was two days after the release of the Winter 2022 collections.

And finally, I have the proof I needed, Santa Daddy has finally cooperated and passed his hidden tail. And I have a Sassy Swank kitten. Which must make Flair recessive to Sassy Swank.

[Image: 325713e132e138e2ebcec70720585025.png]

Congrats I agree with you that we have a new most recessive tail. I think both parents have to be hiding the new tail and the odds of that is crazy low. If one parent hid Sassy Swank then Lumpy would have shown Sassy Swank and not Flair.
 Thanks given by: Eleanor8 Resident , Songdog Woolley , Jolita Korobase
02-24-2023, 03:27 AM
It's happened before - two random starters thrown together for their special kitten hid a new most recessive tail. It was the case with the find of Fluffy tail.

But, I agree, the odds of that happening are crazy low and mindblowingly lucky, especially as I just threw the two cats together for one last kitten before I sent them off to Menagerie.

Heart Eleanor
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley
02-24-2023, 07:12 AM
Thank goodness you did!!

I think, and please can someone confirm this, new traits released with a collection aren't put into general circulation for starters until the cats are no longer at the vendor.

So the Christmas cats are still at the vendor, this would make it from the previous Halloween collection? I have a Halloween cat sassy swank or more recessive and we've been testing it but so far not managed to pull it out the hider from the sibs.

Thankyou for replying, I appreciate it. Saves me digging out my originally boxed Santa cats Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)