Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

gRatiTudE!!! please contribute!
04-20-2022, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2022 11:45 AM by Callie Cline.)
gRatiTudE!!! please contribute!
The past few years have been trying for most of us.

During that time, I learned of a little practice that has really changed my moods, and life. Smile

While it seemed so simple, it wasn't how I naturally started my day, or thought of when I was feeling down about life, current events or losses.

So, I wanted to share it with you all here and ask if you'd join in too!
What I learned was this...

Like Radio frequencies which are in the air all the time, we can "tune our dials" to the station we want to listen to. We don't hear them all from our radio, we hear just the one we have our "dials" set to!

So if you are tuned to the Rock station, you're not going to hear classical or country or sports!

Follow me so far?

So I learned from a very awesome person, that we can tune ourselves to "gratitude" anytime we want, and by doing so, we actually, consciously choose where we will put our attention.

I had heard about being thankful and all that before, but no one had laid it out in a way where I could really understand.

Yes, there are "negative" things happening 24/7 AND there are also POSITIVE things happening too!!

WE can choose where we want to focus our attention. And for me, focusing on gratitude makes me much happier, healthier, AND able to help others with the not so nice stuff. When I am feeling alive and happy, I am ready to jump in and help where things aren't going so well for others.

So when I think of what is RIGHT with my life and world, it seems like i see MORE of that!! it's CRAZY!

and, When i'm feeling crappy, or focusing on what is wrong in the world, I'm not really much help to anyone, not even myself. Sad

in other words, I'm a grumpy cat! LOL!

So... If you are with me this long, I wanted to start with what I am grateful for in this community, and life!

I'd love to try this with our community because I think we are so fortunate to be connected by our love of Felines Smile and you are all very dear to me.

what i am grateful for right now!

My cat who is meowing right by me saying "pet me now!" (i did and she stopped crying)

Knowing I will log on in a minute and see the chat moving along and people sharing various things!

My orchid plant on the shelf that is still blooming after 2 months! (which means i didn't kill it!)

The AWESOME CSR's who daily serve our community with kindness and love and enthusiasm! we have the most awesome staff and they are just so cool! Starting with Foxie... who leads them so well!

I am thankful I am healthy overall, even with whatever "issues" i have, my body still is overall healthy most days. Smile

I am thankful for all the people who share their kitties they have created with combos i never ever ever imagined! Smile

ok that's all for now! i could keep going and going... Smile

will you share what you are grateful for in your life too?

thank you so much! you are all amazing!

please share below!

also, to make it fun, i will choose one person from this thread and give them a little surprise too! Smile Smile Smile (random time and random person! and i will put it in the post)

so, what are YOU grateful for! tell us!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Saxoni Fenstalker , Livenonaprayer Resident , kittyclawz Resident , Cyanide Littlepaws , Eurydice Barzane , Morgan Trevellion , JillRenee Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight
04-20-2022, 05:01 PM
RE: gRatiTudE!!! please contribute!
(04-20-2022 11:40 AM)Callie Cline Wrote:  will you share what you are grateful for in your life too?

thank you so much! you are all amazing!

please share below!

also, to make it fun, i will choose one person from this thread and give them a little surprise too! Smile Smile Smile (random time and random person! and i will put it in the post)

so, what are YOU grateful for! tell us!

Hi Callie, thanks for this. I've heard similar things about choosing to focus on gratitude and how that can really help with a positive outlook. I've been trying to do the same thing and it actually works. :-)

I'm thankful for KittyCayS (that's a no brainer) and the wonderful community that's grown around them. I've been breeding them since 2011 and kept thinking I would get totally bored with them at some point. But through all these years with all its ups and downs, they've been there to entertain me, cheer me up when I needed it, and make me laugh. I don't breed like I used to, but I'm still excited to see all the new collections you create for us and the new traits you dream up. And the community is full of wonderful, wonderfully weird, caring, and funny people who are always there to help someone with a problem.

I'm thankful for the the friends I've made being a part of this community.

I'm incredibly thankful that my husband made it through his difficult cancer treatment and is getting stronger and better every day.

I'm also really thankful for and humbled by my work colleagues who thought enough of me that they donated some of their personal leave to help cover my salary when I couldn't be at work because I was home caring for my husband.

And finally, I'm truly thankful for the beautiful, sunny, spring day we had today where I live. Winter has truly outworn its welcome this year.

Saxoni Heart
04-23-2022, 01:34 PM
RE: gRatiTudE!!! please contribute!
[/quote]

Hi Callie, thanks for this. I've heard similar things about choosing to focus on gratitude and how that can really help with a positive outlook. I've been trying to do the same thing and it actually works. :-)

I'm thankful for KittyCayS (that's a no brainer) and the wonderful community that's grown around them. I've been breeding them since 2011 and kept thinking I would get totally bored with them at some point. But through all these years with all its ups and downs, they've been there to entertain me, cheer me up when I needed it, and make me laugh. I don't breed like I used to, but I'm still excited to see all the new collections you create for us and the new traits you dream up. And the community is full of wonderful, wonderfully weird, caring, and funny people who are always there to help someone with a problem.

I'm thankful for the the friends I've made being a part of this community.

I'm incredibly thankful that my husband made it through his difficult cancer treatment and is getting stronger and better every day.

I'm also really thankful for and humbled by my work colleagues who thought enough of me that they donated some of their personal leave to help cover my salary when I couldn't be at work because I was home caring for my husband.

And finally, I'm truly thankful for the beautiful, sunny, spring day we had today where I live. Winter has truly outworn its welcome this year.

Saxoni Heart

[/quote]

oh wow!! thank you! i did not know about your husband. I am so glad he's doing better each day!! wow. please keep me updated on that. Smile

also, so glad you had people to support you in so many ways. wow, how awesome. it's so easy to feel alone when we go thru hard things, and often i later see how supported i was.

i love what you shared about the community too. Smile i feel so lucky to be part of it with you all. we have different roles but we are all such an important part of the community!

hope to see you in world soon! and sending lots and lots of love to you!
 Thanks given by: Cyanide Littlepaws , Saxoni Fenstalker

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)