Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

To Dope or not to Dope??
04-30-2012, 02:37 AM
To Dope or not to Dope??
I have occassionally give my kitties love vitamins to speed up the process, but my results have proven deterimental, with me getting boxes with genesis traits, which leaves me wondering if giving love vitamins are harmful or not.

I have asked several people in chat and some people agree with my view, whilst others disagree - thinking the love vitamins bare no impact on the results of the boxes dropped.

I would like to put this question to a wider audience and find out other people's experiences and thoughts.

To dope or not to dope??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2012, 06:52 AM
RE: To Dope or not to Dope??
I prefer to think, and I'm sure someone from the company would jump in and confirm this if anyone were to seriously suggest otherwise: the game is intended to be fair. From a lazy programmer's point of view, it's a LOT more work to make something like Love potions have a detrimental effect than it is to make them have no effect other than that stated: bumping Love up a bit.

The effect of doping, milk, cuddling, whatever is the same as a game of coin-toss. Your question is: toss the coin now, or toss it later? It's still a Fair Coin; the outcome is still not determined by history and external factors; it will still either have an effect you want, or it won't.

But, it's natural for people to see patterns, we're programmed that way. And it's natural to remember the ill-effects far longer than the good, we're also programmed that way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2012, 07:01 AM
I see no difference if I give my cats love or not the results are simular.
And I agree with Tad here we tend to remember bad luck better than good luck especially if we payed to fasten the process hoping to have good luck but it actually isn't what we hoped for Smile
In general I think it is not in the best interest of KittyCatS to punish us for buying love or build in unknown handicaps this would harm their business in the long run.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

04-30-2012, 07:41 AM
I also don't think the vitamins bare such consequences. The only thing they do is bump up the love number enabling the cat to breed.

I'm open to the possibility of it, but I highly doubt it, and as Kay stated this would seriously effect KC business if something like this was true.

Come visit us at Alley Cats! We running low on empty shacks!
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Al...147/129/24
04-30-2012, 02:28 PM
I've actually gotten the opposite effect a few times, one pair if I boosted them the 10% before their box always seemed to give me better boxes as opposed to when I didn't but I think it is all just superstition more then anything else. *does a little dance and hops on one foot three times for a good box*

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Hi all Smile

since it was brought up, i will use this opportunity to state we as a company have no desire to punish, hurt, or do anything harmful to our customers in any way.

yes, it would be "bad business" to do anything that would hurt our customers and it would also be unethical. we don't look at our "customers" as just "customers". we look at them as "real people who happen to enjoy what we make. it's a humbling thing really when there are so many choices of what one can do with their time in life. the fact that some use some of their time to spend playing with our cats and hopefully enjoying them and the community is not something we take lightly. Smile

so rest assured, nothing we sell in any way alters outcomes of what you can birth. even giving a benefit of using love potions if that were the case would be "unfair" for those who can't afford them, etc.

every decision we make, we try to see all angles of it and choose what we think will serve our "customers" best.

thanks for the opportunity to chime in and clarify that Smile and thank you for your input, support and enthusiasm!

you are all the best!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)