Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Triple Tiger
05-24-2021, 10:57 AM
Triple Tiger
Looking for 9T Male Bali Cream triple tiger please. PM me.

Also, send me info and LMs on your triple tigers. ty Smile

The Catbird Seat ~ Happily breeding since November 2013.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2021, 08:36 PM
RE: Triple Tiger
(05-24-2021 10:57 AM)Beryl Landar Wrote:  Looking for 9T Male Bali Cream triple tiger please. PM me.

Hi Beryl,

Torgon's turned up four:

One with Jade eyes:
https://torgon.info/manage/#!/kccats?gen...ld%20Tiger

Three with quartz:
https://torgon.info/manage/#!/kccats?gender=2&fur=Balinese%20-%20Cream%20Lynx&eye=Blush%20Quartz&tail=Tiger%20Curl&ears=Wild%20Tiger

(I'm assuming that's what you mean by "triple tiger"? The term pre-dates my time as a breeder, although I looked it up, and we've since had two new tiger ears and a bunch of tiger furs, so I am not 100% sure whether newer tiger ears "count" in the definition of "triple tiger" or not.)
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Beryl Landar
05-26-2021, 10:03 PM
Thank you Shannon, I was actually going to ask again what it means, since I have been away from the community for so long. I am going to try to breed kitties with tiger ears, tails and fur, and if I am not mistaken, the Jade eye...doing my research.
Thanks again for your help. - Beryl

(05-24-2021 08:36 PM)ShannonSpoonhunter Resident Wrote:  
(05-24-2021 10:57 AM)Beryl Landar Wrote:  Looking for 9T Male Bali Cream triple tiger please. PM me.

Hi Beryl,

Torgon's turned up four:

One with Jade eyes:
https://torgon.info/manage/#!/kccats?gen...ld%20Tiger

Three with quartz:
https://torgon.info/manage/#!/kccats?gender=2&fur=Balinese%20-%20Cream%20Lynx&eye=Blush%20Quartz&tail=Tiger%20Curl&ears=Wild%20Tiger

(I'm assuming that's what you mean by "triple tiger"? The term pre-dates my time as a breeder, although I looked it up, and we've since had two new tiger ears and a bunch of tiger furs, so I am not 100% sure whether newer tiger ears "count" in the definition of "triple tiger" or not.)

05-27-2021, 12:02 PM
The original triple tiger (with limited edition traits coming from the menagerie tigers) were jade or blushquartz eyes, tiger curl tail, and wild tiger ears.
As Shannon mentioned, we now have more tiger traits - more ears really: tiger fold, ody tiger fold, pixie wild tiger.
I'd say any of those are "fair game" for a triple tiger, and we might call the original form "classic triple tiger".

And of course we have Tiger furs now, so we should really be talking about Quadruple tigers.
People often forget that Blushquartz is an original tiger eye, but it is.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
05-27-2021, 05:55 PM
(05-27-2021 12:02 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  And of course we have Tiger furs now, so we should really be talking about Quadruple tigers.

Technically, the floofy head was originally seen on the costume tigers (I think it was the St. Patrick's Day tiger right before the Tiger!Tiger! collection came out, but that's from memory and could be off) -- so you could count a floofy as a Quintuple Tiger although you can't breed for it. (Attached: Matchy-matchy imaginary quintuple tigers from build a cat)

[Image: c9c50efd594862538a89a248fbc6c8fb.png]
[Image: e31e3317ae0ca9645786a2deb23b4f4d.png]
05-27-2021, 06:39 PM
(05-27-2021 05:55 PM)ShannonSpoonhunter Resident Wrote:  
(05-27-2021 12:02 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  And of course we have Tiger furs now, so we should really be talking about Quadruple tigers.

Technically, the floofy head was originally seen on the costume tigers (I think it was the St. Patrick's Day tiger right before the Tiger!Tiger! collection came out, but that's from memory and could be off) -- so you could count a floofy as a Quintuple Tiger although you can't breed for it. (Attached: Matchy-matchy imaginary quintuple tigers from build a cat)

[Image: c9c50efd594862538a89a248fbc6c8fb.png]
[Image: e31e3317ae0ca9645786a2deb23b4f4d.png]

Actually, I personally feel the Dusky Plum is a better match for the Blush Quartz compared to the Lavender and Purple Kiwi. But that is me.

SnowViolin Rozen
Rozen Cats
05-27-2021, 07:47 PM
(05-27-2021 06:39 PM)SnowViolin Rozen Wrote:  Actually, I personally feel the Dusky Plum is a better match for the Blush Quartz compared to the Lavender and Purple Kiwi. But that is me.

As with all breeding projects, personal preference always wins out.

[Image: 1746b448566e455b564feaa06cd50db1.jpg][Image: 7cf3ce0bbf0ea31b8a9184aee857245c.png]

One highlights the tone of the outside of the eye and one highlights the tone of the inside (I changed the eye shape on the plum because I think it emphasizes it more) They're both nice.
05-27-2021, 08:31 PM
Very lovely and thank you for all the responses. I have some breeding to do. I plan to try for the quad and quint tiger Smile I'm excited.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)