Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Breeding A Genesis Kitty With Another Genesis Kitty
02-21-2021, 09:02 AM
Breeding A Genesis Kitty With Another Genesis Kitty
Hi Everyone,
When I bred my Lady Lilac - Cheetah! Cheetah! - Grape - Girl with my Lord Grape - Cheetah! Cheetah! - Grape - Boy, I didn't realise at the time that the Cheetah's don't have special babies, as I was hoping for a special baby. (At the time I hadn't realised that the Cheetah! Cheetah! was actually just a new fur)

Lady Lilac - Cheetah! Cheetah! - Grape - Girl
She shows Genesis Ginger II and hides Burmilla Black Silver Shaded.

Lord Grape - Cheetah! Cheetah! - Grape - Boy
He shows Genesis Patch II and hides Foxie Blondie

They were mated and produced Lady Moriel.
She shows Genesis Ginger II and hides Genesis Patch II

Marishka and I had to laugh about it as we both have told those we coach, never breed a Genesis traited kitty with a Genesis traited kitty otherwise you can solidify the Genesis traits, which the example above proves.

Though it is a rarish thing to happen, we have proven it can happen when the right conditions at mating time occur.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day/night and good luck with the breeding.
Rheaven Tussaud
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , PrimaSecret Resident
08-07-2021, 02:34 AM
RE: Breeding A Genesis Kitty With Another Genesis Kitty
I am new to the breeding of cats and i noticed in your post you mentioned that you coach others. If possible can you give any info on this. I really don't know where to go to get in depth info on the do's & don'ts of basic breeding.

Thank You.
PrimaSecret (Brat Baxton)
08-07-2021, 12:31 PM
Hello Brat,

Here is a link on basics for starters:

https://kittycats.ws/manual/article.php?id=60

(08-07-2021 02:34 AM)PrimaSecret Resident Wrote:  I am new to the breeding of cats and i noticed in your post you mentioned that you coach others. If possible can you give any info on this. I really don't know where to go to get in depth info on the do's & don'ts of basic breeding.

Thank You.

The Catbird Seat ~ Happily breeding since November 2013.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Arwen Swordthain
08-08-2021, 07:14 AM
Here is a list of articles on breeding. It includes the manual but also some other things that people have written over the years.

Pawsable Traits Non-Fiction library

Many of the people in the KittyCats Addicts group chat are able to give good advice on any questions that you might have.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Arwen Swordthain
08-11-2021, 01:02 AM
(08-07-2021 02:34 AM)PrimaSecret Resident Wrote:  I am new to the breeding of cats and i noticed in your post you mentioned that you coach others. If possible can you give any info on this. I really don't know where to go to get in depth info on the do's & don'ts of basic breeding.

Thank You.

There are a lot of people with extensive knowledge and experience that are happy to help, just yell out in group chat when you are stuck and someone will help. Its a great community for that. I would say however, try to know what you want to achieve or the differing advice on techniques may get confusing as there are many ways to achieve a result and none are wrong, some are faster than others but as I said it really does depend on what you want, some people want solid or pure traits others don't care if theres something hiding that may pop out later.
Good Luck with your breeding.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)