Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Why my KittyCatS! Home positions defaulted to the dock?
11-13-2020, 09:05 AM
Question Why my KittyCatS! Home positions defaulted to the dock?
Hi, I am new to owning kittycats on SL. I currently have 12 kittycats that live in my home on my parcel that I have on SL. Many times I send them to the cattery before I log off, just because I feel they are more secure there when I'm offline.

I recently set each kittys home position to each of their individual beds that I rezzed out for them. The next time I brought them out of the cattery, the home position defaulted to the kittycats dock again. I was wondering why that is?

Some additional information that may be helpful to figuring this out is that I retrieve my kittycats from the cattery in different ways, depending on which is most convenient at the time. Sometimes I click on the dock and select "get cat", sometimes I use the online HUB to send the cats from the cattery to my parcel and sometimes I use the HUD I have attached on SL to bring them out of the cattery.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2020, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2020 01:20 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
RE: Why my KittyCatS! Home positions defaulted to the dock?
The home position is set to the point where they first appear in-world.

Since you're usind a dock, that will be atop the dock.

When you birth one, it will be the box location.

When you pull one out from inventory, it will be the point you drop it.

You'll have more issues sending them to the Cattery every day than simply leaving them in-world.I'd suggest just leaving them. If an issue does arrise, the KittyCats CSR team is usually very fast and quite good at helping locate (or replacing) lost cats.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: AlannaMaria Resident
11-13-2020, 03:46 PM
What is the purpose of the “set home” option under the “animation” menu, then?
I thought that moving a cat to their bed and selecting “set home” makes that position the default position the cat goes to when it goes to sleep or where the cat would end up if I selected “jump home”, as well?
11-13-2020, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2020 04:09 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
An example: Recall from Cattery, on the Dock (setting home there). Move the cat to their bed and Set Home to move the home there.

Now, if the cat walks around, the Range is based upon their bed and not the Dock.

Also, if they're looking for a mate, the mate's home must be in the Range. This can be used both to enable and disable breedng. Put all your male cats on the left side of the room, and all your females on the right, 8 meters away. Set everyone's Home and all Ranges to 5 meters. Now you'll never have an unexpected box since, even though everyone is at 100% love, awake, etc., their homes are out of Range.

Watch out, though becanse you can also starve your cats if you set the food bowl range too small since it's not the cat's location, but their Home, which must be within the bowl's Range to allow them to eat.

You are correct that the Home is where the Jump to when sleeping or commanded, as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: AlannaMaria Resident
02-22-2021, 09:54 PM
Hi there!

The setting home works while they are inworld and keeps their home position set. Sending them to the cattery will reset their home position once they are brought back inworld. It's an SL limitation.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)