Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Daily Website Error
06-16-2020, 03:53 AM
Exclamation Daily Website Error
Every single day for a few hours I get the "SQL Error: 1030 - Got error 28 from storage engine" every time I try to reach the website. What happens? How come every day?

The CatHouse
(( MARKETPLACE ))
(( IN-WORLD SHOP ))

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2020, 06:51 AM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2020 07:19 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
RE: Daily Website Error
SQL error 28 usually means there is an error communicating with the data store.

For a service-based site like KittyCats, this can happen when the service provider is performing maintenance. But if, as you say, it happens daily, my guess would be another user on the service is performing some task which is consuming the available resourses such as a backup or reorganization.

While the only way the customer (KittyCats) can learn is through reports, there is little they can do other than pass the report along to the provider, and monitor for the errors themselves. There are a number of actions the service provider can take once they are aware of the issue, and can verify its cause.

---

ETA, on futher reflection: But I rarely see any errors on KittyCats and I check it every few hours through my day, and I especially do not see errors daily and lasting hours. Which makes me wonder if the SQL engine having issues is some web proxy you're using instead of KittyCats itself. Back in the day I would get reports from users about errors like this and could never find them on my services. It turned out that sometimes the end-user was unknowingly using a "stealth proxy" which their ISP put up in a misguided attempt to reduce (back then, very costly) network traffic. I doubt much has changed on that front over the past few decades (especially with what I read about Charter Communications). ISPs are notorious for doing junk like that, doing it wrong, and not maintaining it properly. Again, the way to know this is by collecting error reports such as yours.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Gloria Marchant
06-18-2020, 06:44 AM
This morning at 1200UTC I saw the same error, lasting about half an hour. So it's not an ISP or stealth proxy.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Gloria Marchant
06-18-2020, 08:19 AM
Thank you Tad, I hope some customer service representative will be able to read this.

The CatHouse
(( MARKETPLACE ))
(( IN-WORLD SHOP ))

06-18-2020, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone!

This issue should be resolved and shouldn't happen again. If it does, please file a ticket and let us know if a member of the CSR staff is not online.

Thanks for letting us know!

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
― Charles Dickens
06-21-2020, 02:27 AM
Still saw the message after FoxieCat's last reply, and then (my) today once more. Both were one-off messages, a re-load of the page solved it already.

SQL Error:
1030 - Got error 28 from storage engine
Query:
SHOW COLUMNS FROM mybb_users LIKE 'unreadpms'
06-21-2020, 03:40 PM
Thanks for letting us know Eiji!

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
― Charles Dickens

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)