Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Dropdown Not Working using cell phone browser
02-18-2020, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2020 01:30 PM by Coverboytoy Resident.)
Dropdown Not Working using cell phone browser
Since I travel from time to time for work, I noticed that when using kittycats cattery, the dropdown to access your live cats on your land will not load, no matter how many times you select your land, it will always just remain in the default cattery selection.

It does work when you use a regular laptop or desktop but it just seems to not work on my iPhone. I tried using google app browser on my phone and also Safari, and it will not work. Will there be a fix in the future?

Anyone having the same issues when using cattery on their phone?

ςoνєгßⓄץ кєレレץ™ (coverboytoy)
Auctioneer Tongue
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137812323@N05/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2020, 04:17 PM
RE: Dropdown Not Working using cell phone browser
While it's possible, I'd not count on there ever being an upgrade to fully support touch devices.

The KittyCats web site uses click-emulation for touch events. That means your touch is the same as a click-and-release. When I was playing with it five or six years ago (maybe more, to be honest I forget how long ago ... long), I was able to get some touch events to work, but not all of the drop-down menus. It looked to me like it was openning and closing the menu so fast you couldn't see it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Coverboytoy Resident
02-19-2020, 12:14 AM
(02-18-2020 04:17 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  While it's possible, I'd not count on there ever being an upgrade to fully support touch devices.

The KittyCats web site uses click-emulation for touch events. That means your touch is the same as a click-and-release. When I was playing with it five or six years ago (maybe more, to be honest I forget how long ago ... long), I was able to get some touch events to work, but not all of the drop-down menus. It looked to me like it was openning and closing the menu so fast you couldn't see it.

That's too bad because we are in 2020 and most people use their phone to browse internet, and dragging your laptop to the airport is a pain which is why I prefer to just use my phone.

Guess will just have to drag our laptops then.

ςoνєгßⓄץ кєレレץ™ (coverboytoy)
Auctioneer Tongue
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137812323@N05/
02-21-2020, 01:20 PM
Hi there!

I have tested and personally use my cell phone to access Cattery and view my inworld cats without any issue. My drop downs work properly. Can you make sure that the docks you have inworld are version 1.62. If your dock is already version 1.62, you might just need to grab a new copy from the customer pavilion and rez it out. It is highly likely that will help fix the issue you are experiencing.

If it does not fix your issue, please file a support ticket and let us know! Smile

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
― Charles Dickens
02-22-2020, 04:46 AM
(02-18-2020 01:28 PM)Coverboytoy Resident Wrote:  Since I travel from time to time for work, I noticed that when using kittycats cattery, the dropdown to access your live cats on your land will not load, no matter how many times you select your land, it will always just remain in the default cattery selection.

It does work when you use a regular laptop or desktop but it just seems to not work on my iPhone. I tried using google app browser on my phone and also Safari, and it will not work. Will there be a fix in the future?

Anyone having the same issues when using cattery on their phone?

I have noticed the same issue when using my iPhone but find it works perfectly fine on my Kindle so I suspect its a specific issue to the iPhone, esp if Foxie is using Android based tech like the Kindle is, which as I said works fine.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
02-22-2020, 08:07 AM
As I said, it's been a very long time since I looked at it. At the time it seemed to work on some models and not on others. And it seemed inconsistent.

As I recall, the issue was the touch (emulated mouse-left-button-down) event would brind up a pop-up (we're calling it a menu but it's not really a menu). One some devices, or in certain orientations on the same device, that pop-up would cover the point where the touch occurred, causing an immediate release (simulated mouse-left-button-up). That button-up event would then cause the pop-up to disappear. IIRC, I was able to work around the issue by zooming (if that was available on the device) so the touch area was large enough that I could touch in a corner and not have the pop-up cover that area.

I fail to see how the in-world dock version effects the web site operation, but I suppose anything is possible.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)