Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Odyssey Tiger Fold is Dominant to Odyssey Equine Proof
12-25-2019, 11:17 PM
Odyssey Tiger Fold is Dominant to Odyssey Equine Proof
Hi Everyone,

This is my proof that Odyssey Tiger Fold is dominant to Odyssey Equine.

Lady Spook, shows Odyssey Equine and hides Tiger Fold (Proven), so the Odyssey Tiger Fold had to have come from Lord Aleksi.

As the Odyssey Tiger Fold is showing in the box, the box has to be hiding either Odyssey Equine or Tiger Fold.

https://gyazo.com/fc717579dccc7c9029b805e69bad82ed

I hope this helps with finding the placement of the Odyssey Tiger Fold.

Marishka Tussaud
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , Evolving Yin
12-26-2019, 08:23 AM
RE: Odyssey Tiger Fold is Dominant to Odyssey Equine Proof
Hi Marishka,

We already know that Odyssey Tiger Fold is dominant to Scotty Fold.
The charts are here.
Also, for several years now, we've been tracking traits, each in their own thread so people can follow the proofs and progress in one targeted area. The thread on Odyssey Tiger Fold is here. I'm glad you're interested in helping to place the traits.

Marishka Moody Wrote:This is my proof that Odyssey Tiger Fold is dominant to Odyssey Equine.

Lady Spook, shows Odyssey Equine and hides Tiger Fold (Proven), so the Odyssey Tiger Fold had to have come from Lord Aleksi.

As the Odyssey Tiger Fold is showing in the box, the box has to be hiding either Odyssey Equine or Tiger Fold.

https://gyazo.com/fc717579dccc7c9029b805e69bad82ed

As you say, the box has to be hiding either Odyssey Equine or Tiger Fold. So it's not a proof that Odyssey Tiger Fold is dominant to Odyssey Equine but only Tiger Fold. And, as it happens, it's already proven dominant to both of those. Thank you for showing us your pedigree.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , HappyDaize Resident , Evolving Yin , Songdog Woolley
12-26-2019, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2019 10:18 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
It does pay to check the charts, also each trait is linked to its thread there as well to make it easier to locate and post proofs to rather than starting new threads for each new proof. If its been a while a thread can be hard to locate on the list but from the charts its a direct link.When we started these charts Reven & I decided this was helpful for adding proofs, as well as looking to see the full journey of a trait from discovery to placement in one place. These threads are invaluable to new breeders and to new testers. They show the need where 2 traits can hide, to pull the hid rather than declaring something hides that may not.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , HappyDaize Resident , Evolving Yin , Songdog Woolley
12-26-2019, 01:48 PM
Well thank you ladies for reprimanding me, I hardly ever have time to come to the forums, I would love to have the time to be able to sit and read them all. I apologize for not knowing the etiquette that has been set up.

All I saw was a proof that maybe I could help those who are upkeeping the charts could use, obviously because I am not in the "clique" that has formed my proof can be shot down. I will remind you that Rheaven and I have helped placed traits in the Saga charts before any of you started the new charts list.

At least with Saga, if anyone gave a proof that wasn't needed, she at least showed that person respect and thanked them for trying to help. She didn't have to resort to shooting them down, to try and make herself look so good.

I have learnt my lesson and will no longer show any of the other proofs I have found that could have helped you, and this will be my last post to the forums. I don't have a want or need to be spoken to like I am some newbie breeder.

I wish everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and that your New Year will be all you wish it to be,

Marishka Tussaud.
 Thanks given by: AryaElentari Resident
12-26-2019, 09:05 PM
I want to make it clear that there is no etiquette to getting pedigrees to Arwen and I. There's the forum here. We are in Addicts chat a lot. There are lots of other breeders and auctioneers who do take it on themselves to help get information around. A lot of people post new cats and we ask for gyazos. People will IM us and say, "Can you look at this?" and we do. People will IM and say, "I saw a cat sitting out at a market; it might hide a proof (or not)" and we will teleport and go look. We don't want there to be any barrier to getting proofs to the charts, and we are grateful for people who take the time to help this community build the charts.

The proofs do have to stand on their merits. They work as proofs or they don't and there's no grey about that. We are happy to see things that are suggestive and breeds-in-progress that help people guide their testing (but we don't call those proofs). If you're not sure if you have a proof or not, there are lots of breeders, including us, who will give a pedigree a looksie first.

One of the side-effects of having a public process that everyone can see and participate in (versus the Saga Charts which accepted notecards privately) is that we end up with a lot of data on the forums whose organization may seem foreign at first. That’s why the threads are linked directly from the Charts so they are easy to find. Still, even though there were operational differences between Saga and Forum-based, many of the breeders have stayed the same. Many of the same individuals who did vetting on the Saga charts when it was operational continue to vet the proofs for the current charts. We’re always happy to have new breeders join the hobby though.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Arwen Swordthain , HappyDaize Resident , Evolving Yin , MietteLin Resident , Songdog Woolley

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)